A Cat on a Bicycle!

Old May 27th 12, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A Cat on a Bicycle!

Nope, this isn't a funny video. I was driving to the library on the island
to drop off some books and pick up some more. I spotted a woman riding a
bicycle on the golf-cart path... with a cat draped over her shoulder! It
appeared to be a tortie. She was draped over her shoulder as she peddled
along the cart path.

I've seen a lot of strange things here. Alligators aside, I once saw a
woman wearing roller blades being pulled along the cart path by a very large
standard poodle. Apparently she was letting the dog take her out for a
walk. LOL But I've never before seen a woman riding a bicycle with a cat
draped over her shoulder. Until today

Jill

Old May 27th 12, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Nope, this isn't a funny video. I was driving to the library on the
island to drop off some books and pick up some more. I spotted a woman
riding a bicycle on the golf-cart path... with a cat draped over her
shoulder! It appeared to be a tortie. She was draped over her shoulder
as she peddled along the cart path.

I've seen a lot of strange things here. Alligators aside, I once saw a
woman wearing roller blades being pulled along the cart path by a very
large standard poodle. Apparently she was letting the dog take her out
for a walk. LOL But I've never before seen a woman riding a bicycle with
a cat draped over her shoulder. Until today

Jill

You aught to be down here during bike week. I see furballs riding with
their slaves. Many of them have their own helmets and safety straps

Old May 27th 12, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 05/27/2012 11:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Nope, this isn't a funny video. I was driving to the library on the
island to drop off some books and pick up some more. I spotted a woman
riding a bicycle on the golf-cart path... with a cat draped over her
shoulder! It appeared to be a tortie. She was draped over her shoulder
as she peddled along the cart path.

I've seen a lot of strange things here. Alligators aside, I once saw a
woman wearing roller blades being pulled along the cart path by a very
large standard poodle. Apparently she was letting the dog take her out
for a walk. LOL But I've never before seen a woman riding a bicycle with
a cat draped over her shoulder. Until today

Jill

That makes me wonder if the cat still had its claws. MLB
Old May 27th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MLB wrote:

On 05/27/2012 11:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Nope, this isn't a funny video. I was driving to the library on the
island to drop off some books and pick up some more. I spotted a woman
riding a bicycle on the golf-cart path... with a cat draped over her
shoulder! It appeared to be a tortie. She was draped over her shoulder
as she peddled along the cart path.

I've seen a lot of strange things here. Alligators aside, I once saw a
woman wearing roller blades being pulled along the cart path by a very
large standard poodle. Apparently she was letting the dog take her out
for a walk. LOL But I've never before seen a woman riding a bicycle with
a cat draped over her shoulder. Until today

Jill

That makes me wonder if the cat still had its claws. MLB

I think she must have! How else would she hold on?

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
Old May 27th 12, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 05/27/2012 04:10 PM, Bastette wrote:
MLB wrote:

On 05/27/2012 11:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Nope, this isn't a funny video. I was driving to the library on the
island to drop off some books and pick up some more. I spotted a woman
riding a bicycle on the golf-cart path... with a cat draped over her
shoulder! It appeared to be a tortie. She was draped over her shoulder
as she peddled along the cart path.

I've seen a lot of strange things here. Alligators aside, I once saw a
woman wearing roller blades being pulled along the cart path by a very
large standard poodle. Apparently she was letting the dog take her out
for a walk. LOL But I've never before seen a woman riding a bicycle with
a cat draped over her shoulder. Until today

Jill

That makes me wonder if the cat still had its claws. MLB

I think she must have! How else would she hold on?

That is what I meant! How far into her shoulder did they go? LOL. MLB
Old May 28th 12, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

MLB wrote:

[...]

Maybe she was wearing a leather or padded jacket, so that's all the claws
went through.

Joy

Old May 28th 12, 12:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

MLB wrote:

[...]

Trust me, she wasn't wearing a jacket, she was wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
The cat was just sort of draped over her shoulder. It didn't look like it
was hanging on for dear life. And she wasn't peddling at breakneck speed...
just leisurely riding her bike along the golf-cart path. Apparently the cat
is used to this

Jill

Old May 27th 12, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
Nope, this isn't a funny video. I was driving to the library on the
island to drop off some books and pick up some more. I spotted a woman
riding a bicycle on the golf-cart path... with a cat draped over her
shoulder! It appeared to be a tortie. She was draped over her shoulder
as she peddled along the cart path.

I've seen a lot of strange things here. Alligators aside, I once saw a
woman wearing roller blades being pulled along the cart path by a very
large standard poodle. Apparently she was letting the dog take her out
for a walk. LOL But I've never before seen a woman riding a bicycle
with a cat draped over her shoulder. Until today

Jill

When I was bordering on teen-age, I used to take my cat for rides in the
basket of my bike, but that was very much despite his protests and
attempts to escape! (When I think of all the traumas I put that cat
through, it's no wonder he was neurotic - like dressing him in doll's
clothes, seating him in a doll's highchair, and frequently treating like
an animated doll - proof that kids should not be allowed unsupervised
control of their pets.)
Old May 27th 12, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

When I was bordering on teen-age, I used to take my cat for rides in the
basket of my bike, but that was very much despite his protests and
attempts to escape!

Did you have him tied down or something? How could he not jump out of
a basket?

(When I think of all the traumas I put that cat
through, it's no wonder he was neurotic - like dressing him in doll's
clothes, seating him in a doll's highchair, and frequently treating like
an animated doll - proof that kids should not be allowed unsupervised
control of their pets.)

It sounds like the worst you did was to annoy him a great deal, but
that no actual harm was done. I still agree with not letting kids have
too much alone time with pets, unless the parents take a lot of time
to carefully teach the kids to treat the pets decently.

Old May 28th 12, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bastette wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

When I was bordering on teen-age, I used to take my cat for rides in the
basket of my bike, but that was very much despite his protests and
attempts to escape!

Did you have him tied down or something? How could he not jump out of
a basket?

A harness and a tightly held leash - he DID "jump out" on occasion, and
dangled from the handlebars until I could replace him in the basket. He
started life as a feral kitten who wandered into my summer camp one day
and was fed on leftovers - potato salad, spanish rice, etc. - by the
kitchen staff, until I took him home at the end of the session. (Despite
my mother's written "Don't you DARE bring that cat home!")

Perhaps he didn't have such a bad life after all. My mother had just
remarried - a man with two boys - and the human adjustments to the
change in our households were not easy. Peter came in for a lot of
cuddles because all three of us kids would pick him up to tell our
troubles to.