A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

I'm So Proud of Persia!!!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 21st 04, 01:47 AM
jmcquown
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I'm So Proud of Persia!!!

We're having severe thunderstorms here and Persia usually runs and hides.
Not this time! She's decided to brave the storms (next to mama, of course)
and not hide under the bed or in a closet. I'm so proud of her! When the
thunder booms she looks up at me like "this is okay, right?" Yes, sweet
cat, it's just noise. I'll let you know if we have to climb into the
bathtub (tornado).

Jill


  #2  
Old March 21st 04, 06:19 AM
Alan Erskine
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
We're having severe thunderstorms here and Persia usually runs and hides.
Not this time! She's decided to brave the storms (next to mama, of

course)
and not hide under the bed or in a closet. I'm so proud of her! When the
thunder booms she looks up at me like "this is okay, right?" Yes, sweet
cat, it's just noise. I'll let you know if we have to climb into the
bathtub (tornado).

Jill


Maybe that's what she's really affraid of - tornadoes. I mean, she watches
the news, right? ;-) Lovely story and you two obviously support and love
each other.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,
not the fifteen GWB proposes.
Give NASA a real challenge



  #3  
Old March 21st 04, 08:27 AM
jmcquown
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Alan Erskine wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
We're having severe thunderstorms here and Persia usually runs and
hides. Not this time! She's decided to brave the storms (next to
mama, of course) and not hide under the bed or in a closet. I'm so
proud of her! When the thunder booms she looks up at me like "this
is okay, right?" Yes, sweet cat, it's just noise. I'll let you
know if we have to climb into the bathtub (tornado).

Jill


Maybe that's what she's really affraid of - tornadoes. I mean, she
watches the news, right? ;-) Lovely story and you two obviously
support and love each other.


Funny, the last time we had tornado warnings I was worried about how to get
her out from under the bed. Never fear; she joined me in the bathroom and
crouched between the toilet and the tub. She'd meow at me occasionally,
like "Mom, why are you in the bathtub with a flashlight and a pillow?" Long
story, Persia. Just sit there until they sound the 'all clear'

Jill


  #4  
Old March 21st 04, 11:12 AM
polonca12000
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That's wonderful, Jill!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek (also not afraid of thunderstorms)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
We're having severe thunderstorms here and Persia usually runs and hides.
Not this time! She's decided to brave the storms (next to mama, of

course)
and not hide under the bed or in a closet. I'm so proud of her! When the
thunder booms she looks up at me like "this is okay, right?" Yes, sweet
cat, it's just noise. I'll let you know if we have to climb into the
bathtub (tornado).

Jill




  #5  
Old March 21st 04, 07:24 PM
Takayuki
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"jmcquown" wrote:

Funny, the last time we had tornado warnings I was worried about how to get
her out from under the bed. Never fear; she joined me in the bathroom and
crouched between the toilet and the tub. She'd meow at me occasionally,
like "Mom, why are you in the bathtub with a flashlight and a pillow?" Long
story, Persia. Just sit there until they sound the 'all clear'


Persia is an awfully smart and cute cat.

  #6  
Old March 21st 04, 08:33 PM
jmcquown
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Takayuki wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:

Funny, the last time we had tornado warnings I was worried about how
to get her out from under the bed. Never fear; she joined me in the
bathroom and crouched between the toilet and the tub. She'd meow at
me occasionally, like "Mom, why are you in the bathtub with a
flashlight and a pillow?" Long story, Persia. Just sit there until
they sound the 'all clear'


Persia is an awfully smart and cute cat.


Yeah, she is ;-) Tornado season just started up again. Great, huh?
Happens when the temps get warm and then suddenly a rush of cold air comes
in and screws everything up.

Jill


  #7  
Old March 22nd 04, 01:11 AM
Brenda
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
We're having severe thunderstorms here and Persia usually runs and hides.
Not this time! She's decided to brave the storms (next to mama, of

course)
and not hide under the bed or in a closet. I'm so proud of her! When the
thunder booms she looks up at me like "this is okay, right?" Yes, sweet
cat, it's just noise. I'll let you know if we have to climb into the
bathtub (tornado).

Jill


hmm - maybe there's hope for Emily!
Brenda


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Persia and Peaches jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 December 25th 03 08:32 PM
Whatcha' see, Persia? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 4 December 10th 03 12:45 PM
Persia & the Halloween Costume (mine!) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 November 10th 03 09:47 AM
Persia and that OTHER cat (LONG) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 12 October 22nd 03 05:14 PM
Persia wants outside jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 September 21st 03 11:36 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.