How affectionate is your cat?

Old March 1st 04, 12:00 PM
Jacqueline

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:27:32 GMT, rpl
wrote:

Ablang wrote:

How affectionate is your cat? Please give examples.

Mine will be 2 next month (have had her since August). Mine used to be a
little bit. She used to wanna sit on my lap during TV time and sleep with
me (both during winter time of Dec-Jan). It's been a few weeks now since
she's done either very often. I now get that about once every 2 weeks.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that was
once there? Or what was your experience with that?

Well, you could douse yourself in catnip. Please post results

That would work! ;o) I've got some catnip spray that I use to top-up
toys and some of it inevitably gets on my hand. Cat does not see hand
- cat sees large soft squidgy toy to grab, lick, nuzzle )
Old March 3rd 04, 10:19 AM
Talkin Horse

"Ablang" wrote in message
Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that was
once there? Or what was your experience with that?

It is a common problem that domestic bliss with a domestic feline slides
into the rut of mundane domesticity. You can put the kit back in your cat
with a surprise romantic evening. Take her to dinner at the local sushi
restaurant. Then get her lightly buzzed on catnip wine, and let her sit in
your lap and watch a "kit flick" (I'd recommend "Winged Migration" or maybe
"Microcosmos"). Before the night is over, you'll have her eating out of your
hand.

Old March 23rd 04, 06:44 AM
Kit

Ours is 8 month's old now and he tends to take a little nip at my hands when
I pick him up.I hope he stop's this any ideas ?
Kit

Old March 23rd 04, 06:44 AM
Kit

Old March 23rd 04, 11:14 AM
Kristine Kochanski

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:44:25 -0500, "Kit" wrote:

Ours is 8 month's old now and he tends to take a little nip at my hands when
I pick him up.I hope he stop's this any ideas ?
Kit

Um... don't pick him up? Cats generally don't like being picked up -
he could be telling you he'd unhappy. No matter how much we love to
pick up and cuddle our kitties, they prefer having their little paws
on the floor, so let him come to you on his terms.

If he's nipping you during play he may not realise he's hurting you,
so if he does this, immediately stop the play and don't give him
attention - he'll soon get the message! I had a cat who used to do
this when we played with her - she'd be happily pouncing away at your
hand - then thinking she'd 'caught' her prey she'd grip it, sink her
front and back claws into it and bite!! I let out an 'ow!!' and walked
away from her - she soon realised that bit of play was not on.

Old March 24th 04, 02:08 AM
Matt

"i have one who rarely shows affection, other than wanting to always
be
around when we're there but not wanting to be touched. but every once
in a
while (maybe once a month) he will jump on my lap and purr his little
brains
out and push his head into my hand. those moments are worth the wait,
to be
honest."

Mine does that each and every night. I know he loves me but why the
heck does he have to always show it when I am sleeping - He wakes me
up at least once and sometimes up to 5 times a night. I usually wake
up, he sits on my chest and purrs like a diesel engine. If I don't
wake up from that he'll headbutt me until I do. In my cats case a
little less affection or alternatively daytime affection would be
appreciated.

Old March 24th 04, 05:06 AM
Tim May

In article , Matt
wrote:

[...]

My current cat is 13, and he somehow knows when I am asleep. If I am
awake, if my eyes are open, he will approach my head area and purr. But
if I'm asleep, he somehow knows this and will not. (I know this because
he _used_ to, and thus wake me up. I don't think this observation is
because I'm just unaware of it, as I've been a light sleeper for all
the years I can remember).

--Tim May