Good news, bad news, and kittens update

Old June 19th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Good news, bad news, and kittens update

Jo Firey wrote:
"Ted Davis" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:38:43 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"Abraham Lincoln" wrote in message
Ted Davis wrote:

I suspect that the reason you are such an "indoor only" fanitic is
that any cat of yours that had a chance to run away would run away at
the first opportunity.

I'm so brutal to cats that strays and ferals sometimes seek out my
clowder and join it. When was the last time a cat *chose* to live
with you?

Note, you are being bated by a non-resident troll. Try to ignore.

Jo

I realise Cybercat is a worthless troll, but I enjoy a good flame too
much to initially ignore. I'm with Ted, and just wanted to show support
for an realistic cat lover.

Clangnuts

Old June 19th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
ups.com...

Ted Davis wrote:

I suspect that the reason you are such an "indoor only" fanitic is
that any cat of yours that had a chance to run away would run away at
the first opportunity.

I'm so brutal to cats that strays and ferals sometimes seek out my
clowder and join it. When was the last time a cat *chose* to live
with you?

Note, you are being bated by a non-resident troll. Try to ignore.

Jo

I realise Cybercat is a worthless troll, but I enjoy a good flame too
much to initially ignore. I'm with Ted, and just wanted to show support
for an realistic cat lover.

Clangnuts

You may enjoy a "good flame", but this group does not. Here's a quote from
our FAQ: http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm:

"6.2.3 The indoor/outdoor debate.
We've all go our own viewpoints: only you can decide what is best for your
cat. Most people know all the issues back to front and don't want to hear
them again."

[BTW Yowie, my offer of web space to host the FAQ page - with your own
login - still applies, the pop-ups on that page drive me crazy!!] ;

I consider myself a "realistic cat lover" and all may cats stay happily, and
safe, indoors. Please don't assume that everyone here, except "trolls",
believes in letting cats roam.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 20th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...

Ted Davis wrote:

I suspect that the reason you are such an "indoor only" fanitic is
that any cat of yours that had a chance to run away would run away at
the first opportunity.

I'm so brutal to cats that strays and ferals sometimes seek out my
clowder and join it. When was the last time a cat *chose* to live
with you?

Note, you are being bated by a non-resident troll. Try to ignore.

Jo

I realise Cybercat is a worthless troll, but I enjoy a good flame too
much to initially ignore. I'm with Ted, and just wanted to show support
for an realistic cat lover.

Clangnuts

You may enjoy a "good flame", but this group does not. Here's a quote

from
our FAQ: http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm:

So, Catnipped, you're now the FAQ police and group spokesperson?

In the group that was calling *you* a troll just a few short months ago ...
lol

Old June 20th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
. com...

Ted Davis wrote:

I suspect that the reason you are such an "indoor only" fanitic is
that any cat of yours that had a chance to run away would run away at
the first opportunity.

I'm so brutal to cats that strays and ferals sometimes seek out my
clowder and join it. When was the last time a cat *chose* to live
with you?

Note, you are being bated by a non-resident troll. Try to ignore.

Bated? Did you mean, "baited?" Nonsense. I am merely expressing my opinion
that Ted is an abusive ass for letting a kitten out unsupervised.

Here's another: you are a sanctimonious, tight-lipped moron. Again, I have
no interest in provoking you, just stating my opinion.

It's great, isn't it? It is a breath of fresh air in the Kingdom of
Hypocritia, almost as though someone opened your windows and unplugged the
air fresheners to get the toilet smell out of your nasty abode.

Old June 20th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...

Ted Davis wrote:

[...]

Not the FAQ police, just stating a fact - we've gone over this issue ad
infinitum and it will *never* be resolved! In fact we've gone over it so
much that most of the people here (and the indoor-only crowd is, I believe,
a majority here from my count of what I've read of others' cats) don't even
respond any more.

You're not the only one who objects to people spouting the "benefits" of
allowing cats to roam, unopposed by those who know better. You're not even
the only one trying to even the argument (although I am feeling a bit
lonely). And a lot of people here still (and again, after this latest
indoor/outdoor argument in other threads) call me a troll and have me
kill-filed. That won't stop me from writing what I believe. Even when I'm
trying to defend *you* and your point of view!!! ;

However, again, this is an issue that the group (*without* my assistance or
spokespersonship) has agreed to disagree on.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

Old June 20th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:24:26 GMT, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

Note, you are being bated by a non-resident troll. Try to ignore.

Playing games with flamers (and trolls - that was more of a flame than
a troll) is an old usenet sport.

--
T.E.D. )
Old June 20th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

Note, you are being bated by a non-resident troll. Try to ignore.

Playing games with flamers (and trolls - that was more of a flame than
a troll) is an old usenet sport.

It is, is it? What do you do with people who just think you suck ass as
a cat owner? Asshole.

Old June 20th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...

Ted Davis wrote:

[...]

I see. Well, you know I love you. But if it sounds like the FAQ police and
it
looks like the FAQ police, and it acts like the FAQ police ...

(be careful who you hang around, kid! You become like them in the end, to
one
degree or another. Conform here if you want, but do you really want to be an
enforcer?)

Old June 20th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Mischief wrote:

Well, that IS what animals do in the wild, and I gather from his posts
that most of Ted's cats have been semi-feral rescues. It's a sad fact
of feline life, but personally I'd rather that than keep a suffering cat
with a terminal condition alive simply because I couldn't bear to part
with it. Better the cat take the decision out of my hands.

If Ted had a backbone or any "intestinal fortitude" he would be able to
let Spooky die with dignity instead of being the wimp he is. Hopefully
he will be able to "suck it up" and do what's right if it comes to that
as it seems it mightl be. But I kinda doubt he can - though I hope I am
wrong.

bf
Purrs are sent from my two resident felines.
Old June 20th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ted Davis wrote:

Typically, cats go away from home to die ... if they can. What do you
call denying a cat its last request by forbidding it to die the way it
wants to?

Did he specifically "ask" you to let him do this? No because he can't.
You are a spineless wimp who doesn't have it in him to let a cat go
peacefully and with dignity through being PTS. You'd rather let him
wander off and die alone because you don't really give a crap about him.
IF you did you would do the right thing and have him PTS if it has come
to that instead of just setting on your hands and "letting nature take
it's course" as you imagine is happening. When you're not in the
Serengeti - this is the real world wake up idiot.