Slipping behind yet again

Old March 2nd 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Default Slipping behind yet again

So blanket purrs for those who need them.

The nasty winter storms hit us, too. It's been yucky.

My waterbed sprang a leak, and a friend kindly bought me a new mattress
-- yeah!

Took Trill and Cosmo into the vet the other day. Trill's EGC was
looking pretty bad again, plus he was drooling a lot. Turns out he has
a gum infection, so he got the shot for his EGC and I get to give him
liquid antibiotics for his gum infection, which is always a joy ;-)
Cosmo had been coughing a lot, and the vet asked if my home was dry.
It's winter, don't have a humidifier, so yeah, it probably is. He had
me cut back Cosmo's Lasix to 1/2 pill a day instead of two, to see if
that will help.

Cosmo has gained weight since last year! And Trill was exactly the same
weight as last year at this time.

It was pretty funny; the vet noticed on the little notecard (which is
what they use there) they use to note visit dates and problems, that
every single time I have brought Trill in, at least the last five
times.ALL of them have been in February! Weird! And in '03, it was
Feb. 28, just like this year!

The landlord sold the building. No idea what will happen from here, but
I don't like the vibe I get off the new owner. But we shall see.

Purrs, prayers, and hugs to everyone!

Ginger-lyn
Old March 3rd 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Mar 2, 2:55 pm, Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

{{{Ginger-lyn}}} I've thought about you often when the report bad
weather in Ohio. I'm glad to know you're doing all right. Like you
I've been away from the Group for awhile, so much has been happening
in the last month! Purrs and gentle headbutts to Trill and Cosmo. Sam
has had trouble with his asthma in the last week. There must be
something about the transition from February to March. The good news
here is that Sam had a follow-up x-ray this week and there is no sign
of recurrence of his cancer. We go back in 3 months for another x-
ray. Good luck with the new landlord. Hopefully things will be better
once he (she?) gets to know you.

Hugs and purrs,
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old March 3rd 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ginger-lyn wrote:

The landlord sold the building. No idea what will happen from here, but
I don't like the vibe I get off the new owner. But we shall see.

Purrs that your vibe is wrong! And purrs for medicating Trill.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old March 3rd 07, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JBHajos

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 19:55:59 GMT, Ginger-lyn
wrote:

Took Trill and Cosmo into the vet the other day. Trill's EGC was
looking pretty bad again, plus he was drooling a lot. Turns out he has
a gum infection, so he got the shot for his EGC and I get to give him
liquid antibiotics for his gum infection, which is always a joy ;-)

Ah, you have my sympathy!! We took Hobo to the vet this week and
found he has some gum infection. So it's twice a day antibiotics for
him - as you say, what a joy!! Needless to say, he's not happy
about it. (Of course, the poor guy also is on a K/D diet, gets
insulin shots twice a day, hypertension meds twice a day, now
antibiotics twice a day so it's no wonder he hates to see us coming.)

Good luck with your new landlord.

Jeanne

Old March 4th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Ginger-lyn wrote:

So blanket purrs for those who need them.

The nasty winter storms hit us, too. It's been yucky.

My waterbed sprang a leak, and a friend kindly bought me a new mattress
-- yeah!

Took Trill and Cosmo into the vet the other day. Trill's EGC was
looking pretty bad again, plus he was drooling a lot. Turns out he has
a gum infection, so he got the shot for his EGC and I get to give him
liquid antibiotics for his gum infection, which is always a joy ;-)
Cosmo had been coughing a lot, and the vet asked if my home was dry.
It's winter, don't have a humidifier, so yeah, it probably is. He had
me cut back Cosmo's Lasix to 1/2 pill a day instead of two, to see if
that will help.

snip
Purrs, prayers, and hugs to everyone!

Ginger-lyn

Purrs, best wishes and hugs for you and your kitties, Ginger-lyn,
Polonca and Soncek

Old March 4th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

GaDragonfly wrote:

snip The good news
here is that Sam had a follow-up x-ray this week and there is no sign
of recurrence of his cancer. We go back in 3 months for another x-
ray. Good luck with the new landlord. Hopefully things will be better
once he (she?) gets to know you.

Hugs and purrs,
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

I'm so very happy to hear such wonderful news about Sam, I've been
wondering how he was.
Lots of purrs and best wishes for Sam and thank you so much for taking
such good care of him, Julie,
Polonca and Soncek