purrs for kyla

Old November 27th 09, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_2_]

Default purrs for kyla

Stormmee wrote:
some of you may have noticed she hasn't posted lately. she had a health
issue that is quite serious and may not be posting for a while. if you
wouldn't mind purring for her to get over the health issue and the resulting
damage she got because of this i would be most grateful as i am sure her
kittys and DH would be also.

Rumbly healing purrs on the way.

Maeve ^..^
--
http://twitter.com/taheenahana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old November 27th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_2_]

Default French

hopitus kirjoitti:
On Nov 26, 2:56 pm, wrote:
hopitus wrote:

C'est le vie. Alors,elle est tombe'e, et a casse' une jambe.

She fell down and broke her leg?? (Do you mean Christine or Kyla?)

Joyce

(snork) Hopefully Christine is leading a happier life than that. See
her post re your inquiry. Her French is a helluva lot more refined
than mine. Moutad Ze! Mange-toi du pain blanc..

Thanks for the compliments. I do admit my French has improved a helluva
lot since hitching up with (my now) DH. As my French was better than his
English, we settled for French. DH is Tunisian and speaks Arabic as his
native language, is fluent in French and Italian, and can also
communicate in English if need be. Tho sometimes if I get grumpy with
him, I speak Swedish...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old November 27th 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Stormmee" wrote in message
some of you may have noticed she hasn't posted lately. she had a health
issue that is quite serious and may not be posting for a while. if you
wouldn't mind purring for her to get over the health issue and the
resulting damage she got because of this i would be most grateful as i am
sure her kittys and DH would be also.

Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

That doesn't sound good at all.
Lots of healing purrs and prayers for Kyla, with Ricki Lee's help as
official helicopter tail wagger and airplane ears beseeching looker.
Karla

Old November 28th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Christine BA" wrote in message
Matthew kirjoitti:
purrs in route

Matthew, my friend. I'm sorry if I'm being a nitpicker, but...
It's supposed to be "en route". It's an originally French saying, and
"être en route" is to be on one's way, or as in this case, the purrs are
on their way. I have seen you write "in route" so many times now, that I
cannot think it's a typo anymore.

And purrs for Kyla from us too. (Ou, en francais, des ronronnements pour
Kyla de notre maison.)

I appreciate the correct term but it is what I do and How I do it ;-)

Are you too proud to be corrected on this, Matthew? En route is what it is.
Personally, I like to be corrected by someone who knows better if I get
something wrong - saves me looking silly.

Tweed

Old November 28th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Nov 26, 3:36*am, "Stormmee" wrote:
some of you may have noticed she hasn't posted lately. *she had a health
issue that is quite serious and may not be posting for a while. *if you
wouldn't mind purring for her to get over the health issue and the resulting
damage

Purrs for Kyla

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old November 28th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Default French (was: purrs for kyla)

We didn't ever think she did. Matthew was pretending he knew some French
like he pretended he knew some German a while ago ;-)

Tweed

"Stormmmee" wrote in message
kyla did NOT break her leg. I purposely did not say what appened as i did
not get permission to do so, Lee

--
Have a great day
wrote in message

Matthew kirjoitti:

purrs in route

Matthew, my friend. I'm sorry if I'm being a nitpicker, but...
It's supposed to be "en route". It's an originally French saying, and
"?tre en route" is to be on one's way

I appreciate the correct term ?but it is what I do and How I do it ;-)

C'est le vie. Alors,elle est tombe'e, et a casse' une jambe.

She fell down and broke her leg?? (Do you mean Christine or Kyla?)

Joyce

--
Promise me you'll never wear pants that bind or tug or hurt, pants
that have an opinion about how much you've just eaten.

Old November 28th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message

Matthew kirjoitti:

purrs in route

Matthew, my friend. I'm sorry if I'm being a nitpicker, but...
It's supposed to be "en route". It's an originally French saying, and
"?tre en route" is to be on one's way

I appreciate the correct term ?but it is what I do and How I do it ;-)

C'est le vie. Alors,elle est tombe'e, et a casse' une jambe.

She fell down and broke her leg?? (Do you mean Christine or Kyla?)

--

(snork) Hopefully Christine is leading a happier life than that. See
her post re your inquiry. Her French is a helluva lot more refined
than mine. Moutad Ze! Mange-toi du pain blanc..

------
I eat white bread?
I've lost most of my French that I learned at school, simply because I don't
need it and have no-one to speak it with.
As for German, the very idea that a Brit would want to communicate with a
German - even in the early 70's seemed to be out of the question - so it was
not taught in school.
It's a big disadvantage to me now when I visit Nüle as no-one except her in
her village can speak English and the few German words I know are not
particularly useful, unless I could make a sentence out of hen, ant,
hedgehog, bird, tea, elevator and motorway exit.

Tweed

Old November 28th 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Nov 28, 7:56*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
the few German words I know are not
particularly useful, unless I could make a sentence out of hen, ant,
hedgehog, bird, tea, elevator and motorway exit.

Okay I surrender on that one!

Old November 28th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_2_]

Christina Websell kirjoitti:
It's a big disadvantage to me now when I visit Nüle as no-one except her in
her village can speak English and the few German words I know are not
particularly useful, unless I could make a sentence out of hen, ant,
hedgehog, bird, tea, elevator and motorway exit.

Tweed

The hen ate the ant, while the hedgehog and the bird had tea in an
elevator near the motorway exit...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old November 28th 09, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

Matthew kirjoitti:
purrs in route

Matthew, my friend. I'm sorry if I'm being a nitpicker, but...
It's supposed to be "en route". It's an originally French
saying, and "être en route" is to be on one's way, or as in this
case, the purrs are on their way. I have seen you write "in
route" so many times now, that I cannot think it's a typo
anymore.

And purrs for Kyla from us too. (Ou, en francais, des
ronronnements pour Kyla de notre maison.)

I appreciate the correct term but it is what I do and How I do
it ;-)

Are you too proud to be corrected on this, Matthew? En route is
what it is.
Personally, I like to be corrected by someone who knows better if
I get something wrong - saves me looking silly.

Tweed

Are all Brits so uptight? (Sorry to all the other Brits but I just
couldn't resist)

It is perfectly acceptable to use slang in virtually every language
and culture that I know of. It is even considered in some groups to
be pretentious to insist that everyone be always proper and correct.

Also, for what its worth my ancestors have been speaking English for
at least as long as yours have.

Jo

Ping Kyla Granby Cat community 9 September 26th 08 01:28 PM
Ping Kyla Granby Cat anecdotes 8 September 2nd 08 10:31 PM
Ping Kyla Granby Cat community 7 August 23rd 08 07:45 PM
Kyla John Ross Mc Master Cat community 1 August 22nd 08 07:05 PM
Kyla Granby Cat anecdotes 4 February 4th 08 11:08 PM