Latest on Brandy

Old August 22nd 04, 01:46 AM
Singh

Christina Websell wrote:

"Singh" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:

"Singh" wrote in message
Our new little girl was supposed to have been spayed Wednesday, but

they
found she's allergic to the anaesthetic. So she will be going to a
different clinic where they use a different one, and have her

operation
Tuesday. She's okay, God be praised. Her foster mama will be there to
monitor her during the spaying, and I hope to the highest heavens that
all goes well for our Brandy. We should still be able to take her just
before Labor Day. I want my baby!

Oh, no! I thought it was all over..

Brandy's mama-to-be is just out of the hospital, where I had to spend

bit of time for observation. I had an interaction with recently
prescribed medication and they had to call the ambulance to my work.
Took forever to get out of there.

Did the kidneything go okay yesterday? I thought that's why you were in
there.

Oh, I'm not the kidney gal, I'm the psycho. The drug reaction was a
complication resulting from a change in antidepressant dosage and the
resulting effect on my system began to also affect my work. I've tried to

get
the powers that be to let me keep a cat at my cube to keep the stress

away,
but no dice...

Blessed be!

Baha

whoops Sorry, I temporarily got you mixed up with CatNipped.. (sorry CN)
You are *not* a psycho. I had to go on anti-depressants myself as a result
of a bereavement, and I don't consider myself a psycho, just reacting to a
bad happening. To have to take an anti-depressant doesn't make you a
"pyscho", whatever that is. You are just sensitive, as are all the nicest
people.

Many thanks. It's good to know that there are people out there who don't
stigmatize mental health issues.

I'm glad you think I'm nice as well, thanks! (insert grin here!)

Baha

Old August 22nd 04, 02:57 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Singh had some very interesting things to say
about Latest on Brandy:

Did the kidneything go okay yesterday? I thought that's why you were in
there.

Oh, I'm not the kidney gal, I'm the psycho. The drug reaction was a
complication resulting from a change in antidepressant dosage and the
resulting effect on my system began to also affect my work. I've tried to get
the powers that be to let me keep a cat at my cube to keep the stress away,
but no dice...

I'm reasonably sure you're not the only psych case around here :-) [I
tend toward depression myself].

Old August 22nd 04, 03:39 AM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

I'm reasonably sure you're not the only psych case around here :-) [I
tend toward depression myself].

Me too. I wonder if that has anything to do with our attraction to
kitties? Something along the lines of self-preservation...

Dan

Old August 22nd 04, 04:34 AM
Jo Firey

"Dan and Nancy Mahoney" wrote in message
I'm reasonably sure you're not the only psych case around here :-) [I
tend toward depression myself].

Me too. I wonder if that has anything to do with our attraction to
kitties? Something along the lines of self-preservation...

Dan

When our first little poodle died, we were going through a rough patch as a
family. After several months Charlie pretty much dragged me into looking at
puppies. We fell in love with a beautiful little dark apricot girl that we
finally named Brandi Alexandra. Only because as Charlie said if we actually
named her Therapy we would be forever explaining.

None of our cats have been particularly cuddly. Two ferals and three meezer
boys over 35 years. Until last year we got our Siamese girl Rosie. She is
my love, my sweetheart, and my almost constant companion.

There is nothing like unconditional love and a warm body that is there when
you need it. And purrs and kisses don't hurt either.

Jo