[OT] job update

Old January 22nd 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default [OT] job update

Mark Edwards wrote:

On top of that, I have another contract starting right at the end of
this one, although we are still in the investigation and drug test
phase. Shouldn't be any problems, although I never really trust these
things to be 100% accurate.

You have to have a drug test to get a software contract? Sounds kind
of extreme. I've worked in Silicon Valley and environs for 15 years
and have never taken a drug test.

Also, I really wish I could find someone local to adopt Blacky, the
sweet, adorable black boy cat who comes to our door to be fed. He's
about three years old and so sweetly affectionate, that I really hate
not letting him in during the cold weather. He hissspits at the other
cats, though.

I have to stop and think for a moment to remember who's who in your
household. There's Little Feet and Little Boy, and there's Buster and
Bucky (yeah, I know, Bucky isn't "officially" a household member, uh
huh), and there's Dulce Mae. And then there's Blacky. Let's see, have
I forgotten anyone?

He loves nothing more than to be cuddled, is free with
headbutts and purrs, and seems to be VERY intelligent (for instance,
he KNOWS what a doorknob is, if not quite how to use it - but he's
working on it - grin).

He sounds adorable.

Joyce
Old January 22nd 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when wrote:
You have to have a drug test to get a software contract? Sounds kind
of extreme. I've worked in Silicon Valley and environs for 15 years
and have never taken a drug test.

Drug tests and background checks. For each and every contract. I have also
been fingerprinted a couple of times. The high profile companies (banking
and telecommunications) can require it, and not even provide a copy of the
results.

I agree - it is extreme, and intensely annoying. Especially when you have
to spend a couple of otherwise billable hours at a "testing facility". This
last time was a hair snip sample. I hope they don't find that I died of
arsenic poisoning, like Napolean (grin).

also wrote:
I have to stop and think for a moment to remember who's
who in your household. There's Little Feet and Little Boy, and
there's Buster and Bucky (yeah, I know, Bucky isn't "officially" a
household member, uh huh), and there's Dulce Mae. And then
there's Blacky. Let's see, have I forgotten anyone?

Nope, that's it (crossing fingers). I do, occasionally, manage to adopt
out a stray (Rusty, Spot, the miraculous Bubba Kitty for instance), so I
have hopes for Blackie and Bucky. And yes, Blackie is heart-tuggingly
adorable. I would take him in a heartbeat if I wasn't already overpopulated
and if he didn't threaten the other cats. It breaks my heart to leave him
outside in the cold when he so obviously wants to be adopted.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old January 22nd 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Mark Edwards wrote:
Nope, that's it (crossing fingers). I do, occasionally, manage to adopt
out a stray (Rusty, Spot, the miraculous Bubba Kitty for instance), so I
have hopes for Blackie and Bucky. And yes, Blackie is heart-tuggingly
adorable. I would take him in a heartbeat if I wasn't already overpopulated
and if he didn't threaten the other cats. It breaks my heart to leave him
outside in the cold when he so obviously wants to be adopted.

Awww, that's so sad! I hope that he can somehow find a forever home.

Old January 22nd 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mark Edwards wrote:

I agree - it is extreme, and intensely annoying. Especially when you have
to spend a couple of otherwise billable hours at a "testing facility".

Ha. You ought to bill them for that time!

This last time was a hair snip sample.
I hope they don't find that I died of arsenic poisoning, like
Napolean (grin).

I don't think your DNA will tell them anything about how you, er, "died".
(Is there something about yourself you'd like to share with us? )

Nope, that's it (crossing fingers). I do, occasionally, manage to adopt
out a stray (Rusty, Spot, the miraculous Bubba Kitty for instance), so I
have hopes for Blackie and Bucky. And yes, Blackie is heart-tuggingly
adorable. I would take him in a heartbeat if I wasn't already overpopulated
and if he didn't threaten the other cats. It breaks my heart to leave him
outside in the cold when he so obviously wants to be adopted.

Oh, that is really sad! Poor Blackie. Is there a separate room you could
let him sleep in on the really cold nights? He wouldn't get as much
company as he might like, but at least he wouldn't freeze. Purrs!!

Joyce