This weekend

Old August 24th 05, 04:02 PM

Default This weekend

This weekend I have the unenviable task of sitting my friend's 5 cats
again, well going in twice a day to feed them, they don't really need
sitting as they're 75% outdoor, only come in to eat and sleep at night.

I am worried about George, he went on the missing list last time cos he
hates taking his tablet. I can't keep him in as they have a cat flap
and he'd go mad if I tried. The way they do it is push it down his
throat, which I hate, it obviously stresses him out, he's not always
getting ther right dose I'm sure as they sometimes find bits that he's
coughed up again. I always crush Otis's tablet in with his food and
he's fine and doing really well (TG), but they say they can't do that
cos they all eat out of each others bowls and when they tried to feed
George separately he wouldn't eat. I am going to attempt this myself,
and take some special food (i.e. human) with me and try and get him on
his own, and if I can do it, I'm going to nag and nag them until they
try again, he used to be the fattest cat, squeezing his bum thru the
catflap but he's shrinking at a rate of knots, he looks terrible and I
don't think he's long for this world.

I've even offered to take him, they have a small baby and I don't think
the cat's getting the normal amount of attention, which is of course
totally understandable, but he's on the same meds as my cat so it would
be easy in that respect, although my cat would go bananas I think if I
brought George home, but he'd just have to get used to it, at least
until I could nurse him back to health.

I dunno, they get grumpy (the humans) with me when I try and talk about
it, but it really upsets me. Sorry about getting this off my chest but
he was my favourite cat and it hurts me so much to see him waste away,
and not be the leader of the pack any longer, I think it's just a
matter of months before he doesn't come back one day at this rate.

Wish me luck!

Old August 24th 05, 04:04 PM
kilikini

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Good luck! ACK, I don't envy your responsibility! :~)

kili

Old August 24th 05, 04:51 PM
Karen

Look, this is what I do. I crush Pearl's med's up and mix in in a *little*
(between 2 and 3 tsp.) of the yummiest wet catfood there is and watch her
eat it down. Then she can go eat whatever else is around and no need to
worry about another cat getting George's med. Is there a "to die for" wet
food that George likes? It would be a bonus keeping him near home too if he
knew he would get a "snack" from you.

ups.com...

Old August 24th 05, 05:01 PM
Dan M

I dunno, they get grumpy (the humans) with me when I try and talk about
it, but it really upsets me. Sorry about getting this off my chest but
he was my favourite cat and it hurts me so much to see him waste away,
and not be the leader of the pack any longer, I think it's just a
matter of months before he doesn't come back one day at this rate.

Wish me luck!

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

You might want to see if a pill popper helps. It sure made it easier to
pill Harri after her latest vet adventure.

Dan
Old August 24th 05, 05:40 PM

Dan M wrote:
I dunno, they get grumpy (the humans) with me when I try and talk about
it, but it really upsets me. Sorry about getting this off my chest but
he was my favourite cat and it hurts me so much to see him waste away,
and not be the leader of the pack any longer, I think it's just a
matter of months before he doesn't come back one day at this rate.

Wish me luck!

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

You might want to see if a pill popper helps. It sure made it easier to
pill Harri after her latest vet adventure.

Dan

Good idea, I'll suggest it to them, but I think that he's getting wise
to getting pilled at the moment, sneaks in, eats his food and tries to
leg it if they don't catch him.

Old August 24th 05, 05:43 PM

Karen wrote:
Look, this is what I do. I crush Pearl's med's up and mix in in a *little*
(between 2 and 3 tsp.) of the yummiest wet catfood there is and watch her
eat it down. Then she can go eat whatever else is around and no need to
worry about another cat getting George's med. Is there a "to die for" wet
food that George likes? It would be a bonus keeping him near home too if he
knew he would get a "snack" from you.

That's what I do with Otis, to make sure he gets his tablet in case he
doesn't eat all his food in one sitting and it goes off. The problem
still remains though, as they all come in for food together, and they
put all the bowls on the floor, it looks really funny, like they're
doing a wine tasting or something - they have a bite out of one bowl,
then move to the next, in a circle. If you just put George's out
they'll all come in and eat it, as I said, he's no longer boss cat and
has become subservient to one of the others. I suggested they took him
in another room to feed him, away from the mob, but he refused to eat.
I will try but not sure I'll have much luck either.

ups.com...

Old August 24th 05, 06:35 PM
W. Leong

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
I dunno, they get grumpy (the humans) with me when I try and talk about
it, but it really upsets me. Sorry about getting this off my chest but
he was my favourite cat and it hurts me so much to see him waste away,
and not be the leader of the pack any longer, I think it's just a
matter of months before he doesn't come back one day at this rate.

Wish me luck!

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

You might want to see if a pill popper helps. It sure made it easier to
pill Harri after her latest vet adventure.

Dan

I bought a pill gun when I was in California some years ago. It didn't
work with Rusty. Still resort back to finger down the throat method,
with some success. But we both get quite stressed out.

Winnie

Old August 24th 05, 06:36 PM
Debra Berry

You might try crushing his tablet and mixing it with a teaspoon or
two of meat baby food (be sure there is no onion in the baby food.
Most cats find baby food a great treat and if you took him in
another room for that and then let him have the regular food with
the rest, he might goggle it up.

Debbie Berry

Old August 24th 05, 07:01 PM

Debra Berry wrote:
You might try crushing his tablet and mixing it with a teaspoon or
two of meat baby food (be sure there is no onion in the baby food.
Most cats find baby food a great treat and if you took him in
another room for that and then let him have the regular food with
the rest, he might goggle it up.

Thanks, they tried taking him in another room but he wouldn't eat.

Debbie Berry