putting to sleep options?

Old April 5th 04, 01:18 AM
Sherry

I made
him a little grave with a headstone, and planted a salvia plant nearby,
which bloomed for weeks, and will bloom every spring as long as it's there.
I know it seems kind of morbid and weird, but I like thinking that he's sort
of still nearby, that his bits have become "reincarnated" as part of my
yard. -- L.

That's not morbid or weird at all. I think it's a very sweet reminder that your
Nozzler still lives on in your memories.

Sherry
Old April 5th 04, 02:32 AM
jesseH

thank you for that.....you seem to be nice compared to many of the others in
the this group..e.g. Mary. its best to block her as I did. it obviously is
a troll.

"Lotte" wrote in message
Jesse -- I'm sorry this happened to your pet. I buried my big orange cat
Nozzler, who died last year, in my back yard, and I'm glad I did. I made
him a little grave with a headstone, and planted a salvia plant nearby,
which bloomed for weeks, and will bloom every spring as long as it's

there.
I know it seems kind of morbid and weird, but I like thinking that he's

sort
of still nearby, that his bits have become "reincarnated" as part of my
yard. -- L.

"jesseH" wrote in message
Our cat is not going to make it.
What are the options that vet will give me to put her to sleep?
What options for body disposal with vet ( I dont want to bring her home

bury in back yard)
Can you give me some kind of idea of cost for the vet?

thank you

Old April 5th 04, 02:52 AM
MaryL

"Lotte" wrote in message
Jesse -- I'm sorry this happened to your pet. I buried my big orange cat
Nozzler, who died last year, in my back yard, and I'm glad I did. I made
him a little grave with a headstone, and planted a salvia plant nearby,
which bloomed for weeks, and will bloom every spring as long as it's

there.
I know it seems kind of morbid and weird, but I like thinking that he's

sort
of still nearby, that his bits have become "reincarnated" as part of my
yard. -- L.

This is what I did with each of my cats, except that I planted a tree for
each cat. The trees mark their final resting spots, and I also think of the
trees as living memorials to my wonderful friends. It did not even bother
me when I moved to another house and had to leave them behind because they
are now a permanent part of their environment -- part of the continuum of
life and death.

MaryL

Old April 5th 04, 02:46 PM
Sherry

Same here. We have buried all of our pets in our yards with some type
of memorial. My first cat had a blue azaela that reminded me of her
eyes. Unfortunately, the azaela did really well for a couple years and
then died. I have been meaning to go get another one.

My dog got an apple tree. She was a wonderful dog, loved puppies and
kittens, and would have been a good mother. She never had her own.
Good thing too, since she went blind at age 9 with a genetic problem.
But we had always planned to get a puppy for her, so the apple tree
was a symbolic way for her to bear fruit. That was 8 years ago, and
that tree has been blossoming every year.

We've lived at our current home for over 15 years, and we have 5 cats
and 3 dogs buried here. Nobody walking in would ever know it, but we
know where they all are.

So do we, under a big tree in the back yard that I keep a circle of flowers
around. We have an uncle who is in the cemetery monument business, and he
engraved their names on river rocks. Any monument place will usually do that
for you.

Sherry