Purina Indoor Cat Formula?

Old March 29th 04, 05:23 AM
Mr B

Default Purina Indoor Cat Formula?

Anyone know anything about the new Indoor Cat formula that's put out by Purina? How does it differ
from their normal Cat Chow? Is it really good for indoor cats by providing them with other
nutrients and helping them to lose weight and such?

We bought a small bag of it today to try it out but thought I'd check if anyone else had any
experience with it.

Thanks.
Old March 29th 04, 05:25 AM
Joe Canuck

Mr B wrote:

Anyone know anything about the new Indoor Cat formula that's put out by Purina? How does it differ
from their normal Cat Chow? Is it really good for indoor cats by providing them with other
nutrients and helping them to lose weight and such?

We bought a small bag of it today to try it out but thought I'd check if anyone else had any
experience with it.

Thanks.

There is better food available than Purina Cat Chow, and it isn't made
by Purina.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old March 29th 04, 09:54 AM
Scruffy892

I used to buy Purina as an emergency food when the pet store was closed, but
since Friskies took them over, I wouldn't feed it to strays. Any food with
soybean products in it is not worth your money. I checked out the indoor
formula when it came out and remember thinking that it was unbelievably crappy
(though i don't remember why).
Purina is not that much cheaper than, say, Iams which is reasonably acceptable.
Some of the larger pet stores have a good selection of affordable premium
foods, or you could order online. You seem to be concerned about providing a
healthy diet for your kitty, so why not check out your other options. A pretty
easy determination of the quality of a food is one that has meat listed as the
first ingredient. If your cat needs to lose weight, there are formulas
specifically for that, too. And they really do eat less when they eat the
better foods since they aren't overcompensating for a lack of protein.

Old March 29th 04, 11:36 AM
~*Connie*~

"Mr B" wrote in message
Anyone know anything about the new Indoor Cat formula that's put out by

Purina? How does it differ
from their normal Cat Chow? Is it really good for indoor cats by

providing them with other
nutrients and helping them to lose weight and such?

We bought a small bag of it today to try it out but thought I'd check if

anyone else had any
experience with it.

Thanks.

Im aware of a number of cats who could not tolerate the food and would vomit
it often.

How it is different? Im not exactly sure, I tried to see when it first came
out, and the most descriptive thing they said was there were "greens" in
it..

Old March 29th 04, 03:20 PM
whayface

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:25:06 -0500, Joe Canuck wrote:

Anyone know anything about the new Indoor Cat formula that's put out by Purina? How does it differ
from their normal Cat Chow? Is it really good for indoor cats by providing them with other
nutrients and helping them to lose weight and such?

We bought a small bag of it today to try it out but thought I'd check if anyone else had any
experience with it.

Thanks.

There is better food available than Purina Cat Chow, and it isn't made
by Purina.

Like what pray tell ?!?!?!?