Caring about wild cats

Old November 5th 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

Default Caring about wild cats

"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 1:27 AM):
"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
You're allowing them to
reproduce with no mention of how you plan to find homes for the kittens.

Kittens are no problem!

Kittens are so cute, they practically take care of themselves.

My vagrant female cat just had a litter of four.

As soon as they were old enough, all but one of them left, never to be
heard from again.

They were picked up. They were adopted.
Or they would have come back to the plentiful food I provide.

::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::

Ohmyfriggingawd. NOBODY is that naive!

Mark - most likely those kittens DIED. They were not adopted. If they
were picked up, it was by animal control or a random dog. They could have
died of disease or hunger, hit by cars, attacked by dogs, attacked by
kids. There are a lot more ways those kittens would have died, than that
they would have a happy ending.

That is the assumption people make, that things that happen away from
total view happen in such a way as to support their point of view.

I've been patient, but either you're a troll or an idiot. And those who
hang out here know I don't often actually call people that.

Kelly, give it up, it's a lost cause.

Don't tell Kelly to give it up, tell me to.

Old November 5th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/4/2009 9:44 PM):
"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

And how is that not exactly what you're doing?

I've been patient, but either you're a troll or an idiot. And those who
hang out here know I don't often actually call people that.

Kelly, give it up, it's a lost cause.

Don't tell Kelly to give it up, tell me to.

Ok, then, please give it up. Pretty clear she's not going to change
your mind, and you are not going to change her's (or mine).

We can agree to disagree. FWIW, you lost a lot of points with me when
you refused Phil P.'s offer of assistance. If you truly cared about
your colony (if it even exists), you would have taken Phil's assistance.
Those of us who have been here for a while know Phil and his work
with ferals well.

jmc
Old November 5th 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Let him blather on, if it makes him feel better. Just kf him if you don't
want to see him.

Old November 5th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Would you give your address out over the Internet to someone you just met?

It's amazing that you expect me to know everything.

Old November 5th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (11/5/2009 3:36 PM):
"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Actually, if you wanted to you could have worked something out - given
the addy of a local shelter, for example.

And, yes I have. When I was posted overseas and needed parts for my
truck, someone on the truck's forum offered to send me the parts. We
were both very careful in the beginning (the part I needed was worth
less than $10), but had a good working relationship for years, he
sending me parts when I needed them, I'd send a little touristy gift
with my check. It was a very useful relationship, actually. Not
everyone here is deviant and a predator.

jmc
Old November 5th 09, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

It would get stolen there.

And, yes I have. When I was posted overseas and needed parts for my
truck, someone on the truck's forum offered to send me the parts. We were
both very careful in the beginning (the part I needed was worth less than
$10), but had a good working relationship for years, he sending me parts
when I needed them, I'd send a little touristy gift with my check. It was
a very useful relationship, actually. Not everyone here is deviant and a
predator.

You've got to realize that those of this group almost without exception
have a less than favorable opinion of me. Any one of which would love
to post my personal home address up for all to see.

Old November 5th 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
netamerica...

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
Cats are *NOT* at the top of the food chain. That's been explained to you
already. Coyotes, hawks and fox all eat housecats. Are you unable to
learn? A learning disability perhaps? The birds were here first and are
an important part of our ecosystem.

Sometimes I wonder if you are even part of the same world I am living in.
Facts mean nothing to you. Logic means nothing to you.

You're not logical when you claim cats are almost human and at the top of
the food chain when they are not. That cartoons can be taken
seriously.......

Even making things
totally simple means nothing to you. You have your mind made up that I am
wrong and that is all that matters to you.

Of course you are wrong. Anyone in a rural area will tell you how fox,
coyotes and large hawks will eat cats. They've seen it with their own eyes.

If this is a personal struggle
for superiority, give it up. I know what I am talking about.

It has nothing to do with superiority. You are unable to learn anything.

For your information, coyotes, hawks and foxes hardly even matter to the
cat population at large.

But you already knew that. This is just a personal thing you have
for proving me wrong.

You are wrong. You have a learning disability and I'm wasting my time
replying to you.

Because disease and predation and man kept down their populations as we
still do. How can you be so ignorant of the facts?

What disease and predation?

You are unable to learn anything so look up cat disease on Google yourself.

Cats face the same problems with their
ecosystem now as they did then. Only now, WE are the predators!

Old November 5th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

How? Even if she was, she doesn't think and reason as a human would.
Why do you insist on anthromorphisizing cats?

Kelly, cats know about other cats. How do you think there ever comes to
be kittens?

Wasn't this already explained to you? Do you even read the replies you
get? Answer me this: How old are you and were you home schooled?

I'll be 51 in 3 days. I had private and public eduction, and state
college
education, in political science and psychology. I am also very good
at physics, particularly astrophysics.

I also know how man may conquer space.

I'm sure there are astrophysicists that would love to know that information.

Are you aware they carry several human
diseases such as ascarid infestation and "cat scratch fever" not to
mention rabies. You must be either home schooled and live a very
sheltered
shut-in life, or you are trolling this group of genuine cat lovers.

This was not a problem for thousands of years of recorded history.

Yes it was and it still occurs today.

And we can still vaccinate the wild cats if we want to. That is not a
problem.

You cannot vaccinate for cat-scratch-fever and roundworms.

They can have little tags on their collars that designate
their vaccinations.

Now I know you're trolling...................

SNIP!!!!!!!!!!

Old November 5th 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

I just did. See my reply to him above. He's either a troll, or I agree, he's
and idiot.

Old November 6th 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

[...]

And the utterance, trolling, is devoid of meaning, except for
taking you for a ride.

We did good, Kate. I worked on a solution, and you found holes in it, so
that I could come up with an even better solution...

....for our cats.

WILD Halloween cats! Kreisleriana[_3_] Cat anecdotes 3 November 1st 08 09:03 PM
Stray Wild Cats DanaD Cats - misc 1 April 8th 07 01:16 AM
cats gone wild on the 'nip' yepp Cat anecdotes 3 May 13th 05 12:39 PM
If you like wild cats, don't miss this... Zorin the Lynx Cat anecdotes 5 February 1st 05 02:30 PM