Homer's Odyssey (Ping MaryL)

Old January 15th 11, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
FirstHit

Default Homer's Odyssey (Ping MaryL)

I just finished reading "Homer's Odyssey" by Gwen Cooper about a blind
cat and thought of you, MaryL. What a wonderful story!

I hope you and your Duffy are doing well. I think Duffy may be around
Homer's age.

I haven't been around here for a while but I see "Homer's Odyssey" has
been discussed in the NG before. For anyone who hasn't seen Homer,
here's a very nice YouTube video of the cat and author:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UILDCST9D5g

Anyone wanting to adopt a blind cat might want to visit:
http://www.blindcatrescue.com

FirstHit
Old January 15th 11, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 1/15/2011 4:55 PM, FirstHit wrote:
I just finished reading "Homer's Odyssey" by Gwen Cooper about a blind
cat and thought of you, MaryL. What a wonderful story!

I hope you and your Duffy are doing well. I think Duffy may be around
Homer's age.

I haven't been around here for a while but I see "Homer's Odyssey" has
been discussed in the NG before. For anyone who hasn't seen Homer,
here's a very nice YouTube video of the cat and author:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UILDCST9D5g

Anyone wanting to adopt a blind cat might want to visit:
http://www.blindcatrescue.com

FirstHit

What a neat video! I like how she said how much Homer has changed her
life. Amazing cat, just like Duffy is amazing.

I know Mary will enjoy reading your post when she can. Her internet is
going to be out for a while and she'll post as soon as she's able to.
I'll forward this to her so it will keep in her inbox. Personally I'd
go nuts if my internet was off, but we all did fine before it was here...
Old January 15th 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

FirstHit wrote:

I just finished reading "Homer's Odyssey" by Gwen Cooper about a blind
cat and thought of you, MaryL. What a wonderful story!

I hope you and your Duffy are doing well. I think Duffy may be around
Homer's age.

I haven't been around here for a while but I see "Homer's Odyssey" has
been discussed in the NG before. For anyone who hasn't seen Homer,
here's a very nice YouTube video of the cat and author:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UILDCST9D5g

Anyone wanting to adopt a blind cat might want to visit:
http://www.blindcatrescue.com

FirstHit

I first heard about Homer a few years ago when someone posted a link
to Gwen's blog post about how Homer rescued her from an intruder. Gwen
had been woken up by a strange man in her bedroom. I don't remember
the exact story of how Homer scared the guy off, but it was a close
call. Great kitty!

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey
Old January 15th 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

I know what you mean. I lived most of my life without a computer of any
kind. Once I had one, it was years more before I got Internet. Now I have
serious withdrawal systems if I can't get on line.

Joy

Old January 16th 11, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
FirstHit

On Jan 15, 2:24*pm, Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Cheryl.

I am the same way with the Internet. I feel cut off from the world
when it is down.

FirstHit
Old January 16th 11, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 15/01/2011 23:55, FirstHit wrote:
I just finished reading "Homer's Odyssey" by Gwen Cooper about a blind
cat and thought of you, MaryL. What a wonderful story!

I hope you and your Duffy are doing well. I think Duffy may be around
Homer's age.

I haven't been around here for a while but I see "Homer's Odyssey" has
been discussed in the NG before. For anyone who hasn't seen Homer,
here's a very nice YouTube video of the cat and author:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UILDCST9D5g

Anyone wanting to adopt a blind cat might want to visit:
http://www.blindcatrescue.com

What a charming little fellow!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old February 1st 11, 09:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
FirstHit

On Jan 15, 1:55*pm, FirstHit wrote:
I just finished reading "Homer's Odyssey" by Gwen Cooper about a blind
cat and thought of you, MaryL. *What a wonderful story!

I hope you and your Duffy are doing well. *I think Duffy may be around
Homer's age.

I haven't been around here for a while but I see "Homer's Odyssey" has
been discussed in the NG before. *For anyone who hasn't seen Homer,
here's a very nice YouTube video of the cat and author:http://www.youtube..com/watch?v=UILDCST9D5g

Anyone wanting to adopt a blind cat might want to visit:http://www.blindcatrescue.com

FirstHit

Hi Mary,

Now that you're back, I thought I'd add a reply here to bring this
thread to the front so you'll be aware of my note to you.

FirstHit

Homer's Odyssey MadMichael Cat anecdotes 0 August 26th 09 12:40 AM
Ping MaryL Granby Cat anecdotes 0 March 2nd 09 08:00 PM
Ping MaryL Lesley Cat anecdotes 1 February 22nd 09 11:16 PM
PING MaryL MLB Cat anecdotes 4 September 16th 08 02:01 AM
Ping MaryL CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 August 3rd 08 02:32 PM