attack of the kitten

Old May 31st 04, 09:03 PM
Dennis Carr

On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:47:57 +0100, Rach wrote:

Hi,
I have a siamese kitten - he is only about 10 weeks old and is going through
an 'attacking everything' period. I know hes playing and learning to hunt,
but im starting to look like a scratching post

Oh, I know this stage. The stage where if you're wearing shorts, the cat
sees the back of your leg and thinks "Pouncy toy!". Ouch.

Does anyone have any idea how long this stage lasts?

For the entire life of the cat, though the cat will calm after a time. You
can clip the claws or use Softclaws to abate some of the damage.
(Declawing, as I am sure you're aware, is cruel to the cat.)

--
Dennis Carr - KE6ISF | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.
Old June 1st 04, 09:33 AM
Rach

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have been shrieking when he bites, which seems to catch him off guard, and
have also been using the spray bottle a few times - though - as you say -
just showing it to him now seems to be enough. He is calming down day by day
now, and the biting's getting softer.

I also trimmed his front claws a little bit so at lest now they're blunter
than the little needles they were before.

I haven't had any new blood wounds for a few days now so thanks again for
all your help.

Rach

"Rach" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a siamese kitten - he is only about 10 weeks old and is going

through
an 'attacking everything' period. I know hes playing and learning to hunt,
but im starting to look like a scratching post

Does anyone have any idea how long this stage lasts?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Rach

Old June 16th 04, 10:33 PM
CatNipped

David Stevenson wrote in message ...

Not usually more than 18 years .....

David - Hello!! It's been ages since I've heard from you, but just
the other day I was doing a search on the web on my name (I know - how
narcissistic!) and came across the "Prissy" stories I wrote that you
posted on your web site. It's nice to know you're still active in cat
newsgroups, it's like meeting an old friend after years and years
(what was the last time we had a discussion, 1998??).

Good news, Bandit is still well and as mean as ever - she's 14 now!

Anyway, good to hear from you!

Hugs,

Lori Crews (a.k.a. "CatNipped")
CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4 DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 2 months DLH Tabby

Old June 16th 04, 11:00 PM
David Stevenson

CatNipped wrote
David Stevenson wrote in message

Not usually more than 18 years .....

David - Hello!! It's been ages since I've heard from you, but just
the other day I was doing a search on the web on my name (I know - how
narcissistic!) and came across the "Prissy" stories I wrote that you
posted on your web site. It's nice to know you're still active in cat
newsgroups, it's like meeting an old friend after years and years
(what was the last time we had a discussion, 1998??).

Good news, Bandit is still well and as mean as ever - she's 14 now!

Anyway, good to hear from you!

Nice to hear. Yes, all my old stories have stayed there, while many
new ones have been added.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome