Biggist (healthy) house cat?

Old September 16th 03, 05:45 AM
Happy Camper

Default Biggist (healthy) house cat?

I have a 14 lb male cat but I wont be surprised if there are bigger. Out of
curiousity, how big are the largest house cats?

This cat is a deep black, shortish hair with the forward half of each paw
white and just under his chin is white continuing as a narrow diamond down
his chest a little, then it stops and there is a small/wide triangle patch
of white on his lower stomach.

Just curious. Thanks in advance.
Old September 16th 03, 07:29 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 04:45:45 GMT, Happy Camper wrote:

I have a 14 lb male cat but I wont be surprised if there are bigger. Out of
curiousity, how big are the largest house cats?

This cat is a deep black, shortish hair with the forward half of each paw
white and just under his chin is white continuing as a narrow diamond down
his chest a little, then it stops and there is a small/wide triangle patch
of white on his lower stomach.

Just curious. Thanks in advance.

I read in Cat Fancy magazine a few years ago about extra large cats.
Some reach (and exceed) 20 pounds. It was quite a long time ago, so I
don't remember exact figures. There was also an article about cats
that live extra long lives -- 20 -- 25--30 years. Your Tuxedo cat
sounds pretty!

Old September 17th 03, 05:23 AM
Sherry

My biggest one was Cherokee, who weighed 26 lbs at his heaviest. He was
actually very healthy, and lived to be 17. Here's a pic:
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokeesherry.jpg

Also, my grandcat is around 20 lbs., but he has a larger frame and is slimmer
than Cherokee was. Here's a couple of pics:
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg

Sherry

Old September 17th 03, 03:05 PM
---MIKE---

Tiger is of unknown heritage but looks like a Maine Coon. At 4 1/2, he
weighs 19 pounds.

-MIKE

Old September 17th 03, 03:05 PM
---MIKE---

Old September 17th 03, 05:23 PM
Nancy Thuleen

In article , Sherry
wrote:

My biggest one was Cherokee, who weighed 26 lbs at his heaviest. He was
actually very healthy, and lived to be 17. Here's a pic:
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokeesherry.jpg

What a great picture! My Kelson is also very large -- between 25 and
28 pounds, depending on the scale. He is overweight, but the vet and I
agree that a normal weight for him would be well over 20 pounds,
probably 22-ish, so he's not THAT overweight. Like others in this
thread, he's of unknown parentage, but most likely Maine Coon. A few
pics he http://www.nthuleen.com/kelson/kelson89.html

He's healthy and happy, though I can see the beginnings of arthritis
setting in -- but he's getting older, now, so that's probably normal.
He's also diabetic now, but we're regulated and he's been fine for 2
years running.

- Nancy.