I need a name for my cat. :)

Old April 15th 04, 06:14 AM
Sandy

Default I need a name for my cat. :)

wrote in message
When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
Fred's case, have a story behind them.
pepsi

I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining. I
was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after the
hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
got asked where Dickory was!

Old April 15th 04, 10:01 AM
Kristine Kochanski

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:14:26 GMT, "Sandy"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
Fred's case, have a story behind them.
pepsi

I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining. I
was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after the
hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
got asked where Dickory was!

LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
tell a lot about someone from their pets' names )

Old April 16th 04, 12:12 AM
Penelope Baker

"Sandy" wrote in message

wrote in message
When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
Fred's case, have a story behind them.
pepsi

I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining.
was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after
the
hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
got asked where Dickory was!

I would have *had* to get the third cat....my obsessive compulsive side
would have made it happen :P

--
Peace,
Pen

Old April 16th 04, 07:00 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:25 +0100, Kristine Kochanski
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:14:26 GMT, "Sandy"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
Fred's case, have a story behind them.
pepsi

I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining. I
was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after the
hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
got asked where Dickory was!

LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
tell a lot about someone from their pets' names )

For instance -- what can you tell? MLB

Old April 16th 04, 07:06 PM
Kristine Kochanski

wrote:
LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
tell a lot about someone from their pets' names )

For instance -- what can you tell? MLB

Their favourite TV/Fflm characters, musicians, poets, writers,
historical heros, even political leanings. If they opt for plain old
Fluffy or Sooty they're probably quite plain in other areas! Not many
of them though. You ask any pet owner why their cat/dog/fish is called
what it is and there's *always* a story behind it ;o)

Old April 16th 04, 07:17 PM
Just Me

I needed a name to go along with that
for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after

the
hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I

always
got asked where Dickory was!

LOL,

My children (the bald ones not the furry ones) are called Tom and Harry,
several people asked if we were planning to have a 3rd and call it Dick.

My cats a

Murphy - after Murphy's Irish stout as he's all black and DH was drinking
Murphy's when we were choosing a name.

Tabitha - A tabby cat that we got on halloween and is partly named for
Tabitha from bewitched and partly for her "Tabby-fur"

And McGonagall - after the teacher who transforms into a cat in Harry
Potter.

Jane