Advice needed please

Old October 17th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Default Advice needed please

She will give up soon enough

Just be patience

""kls"" wrote in message
My cat has had one of the head collars fitted by the vet today (the ones
that look like lampshades).

She is struggling getting about, walkng backwards and bumping into things.

How long will it take her to get used to it?

She tore a claw and needed stitches. The vet removed the dressings today
but gave her the collar to stop her pulling them out.

We are taking her back to the vets next Monday and it seems such a long
time if she is like this until then.

Thanks
Karen )

Old October 18th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Other Mike

Just some advice from someone who's been there very recently...if the
one you have is solid white, go to your local petstore and purchase a
clear one. We bought one from Petsmart (it was in the dog section, we
just bought the smallest one) and it made a huge difference. With the
solid white one, he had no peripheral vision and would run into walls
and furniture...that all stopped after we got him the clear one.
Personally I think it's harder on the owners then on the cats...we
felt so guilty making him wear it but he really did get used to it
after a couple of days....he has to, the alternative is much worse if
she pulls the stitches out.

Old October 18th 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elle

You have to make it very tight. Use old hosiery and possibly
a long athletic shoelace. The one I had to use on one of my
cats (broken ankle, repaired in surgery) was clear.

Maybe take less than a day to get used to it, though she may
always struggle at times to remove it.

""kls"" wrote

Old October 18th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
\kls\

Thanks all

It is a clear one she has. She's been a little better today.

Karen )

link.net...

Old October 18th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

""kls"" wrote in message
My cat has had one of the head collars fitted by the vet today (the ones
that look like lampshades).

She is struggling getting about, walkng backwards and bumping into things.

How long will it take her to get used to it?

She tore a claw and needed stitches. The vet removed the dressings today
but gave her the collar to stop her pulling them out.

We are taking her back to the vets next Monday and it seems such a long

time
if she is like this until then.

Go to http://www.lambriarvetsupply.com/ and look for their flexible recovery
collar #014TLM01-RC100 (5 1/2") or #014TLM01-RC200 (6 1/2") If you can't
find it on their website, give them a call 1-800-344-6337. They're a very
reliable company.

These E-collars are very comfortable- most cats adapt to it very quickly.
The small size cost about $6.00 and the medium, $7.00.

Phil

Old October 18th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Hamblen

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 04:55:59 GMT, "Elle"
wrote:

You have to make it very tight. Use old hosiery and possibly
a long athletic shoelace. The one I had to use on one of my
cats (broken ankle, repaired in surgery) was clear.

Maybe take less than a day to get used to it, though she may
always struggle at times to remove it.

Be sure they can get to their water. A strip of gauze also works to
hold on the collar.

Bud
--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.