Mary S. Provided False Information About Conan

Old June 28th 05, 12:00 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On 27 Jun 2005 14:59:47 -0700, "Candace" wrote:

Jess A via CatKB.com wrote:

Conan has some time, and I think it is a mistake for people to rush into this
adoption. Take a little time, have some standards, and find Conan a good
home. At this point, nobody should settle for someone like Charlie. Instead
the focus should be put on finding a really wonderful home for Conan with
someone that can give him all of the wonderful things he deserves.

--
A concerned cat lover

Your concern is going to cause this cat his life. You shouldn't have
meddled at this late stage of the game. Why didn't you pipe in earlier
before all these people have worked on making arrangements? You should
have kept out of it and now if Conan can't be sprung, his blood will be
on your hands. Asshole.

Candace

I doubt if it's quite that dire. But the manager of the shelter must
be getting very annoyed.

I suggest Dan immediately drive to the shelter and take possession of
the cat. He can tell the manager he is going to adopt Conan himself
to resolve the dilemma. He can simply roll his eyes and spin his
finger if she asks about all the phone calls.

Then Dan can take him to the airport and put him on a plane to San
Francisco or Seattle. The cat now has three options: me, the lady in
San Francisco, and Meghan's sister. I am happy to be the adopter of
last resort and defer to either of the others.

Charlie
Old June 28th 05, 12:22 AM
Mary

Jess A via CatKB.com wrote:

[...]

We just can't ask Dan to do this, Charlie. Nobody wishes to
go against the shelter's policy--although yesterday it was perfectly
fine to adopt Conan out of town, apparently it is not now. Katherine
has not returned my call and likely will not, as the coward who
called must have demonized both of us.

Old June 28th 05, 01:28 AM
-L.

Mary wrote:
I asked Katherine that and she skirted the issue.

Then you didn't ask the right question or press it enough. There is no
reason they shouldn't tell you this information. She probably didn't
want to hear you scream at her if she told you he would be euthanized,
if your RL persona is anything nearly as acerbic as your OL one is.

If all you have to offer
to those who are giving their time and money to help Conan is to
tell even more people to "call the shelter," why bother? Asshole.

"Asshole" me all you want. I have connections in LA - and have sent
out feelers to see if anyone can do anything about the situation. I
also have contributed anonymously to other situations that have arisen
in the group in the past. I just didn't do it publicly and with
fanfare and for attention. Like you.

-L.

Old June 28th 05, 01:29 AM

See what TOO MUCH whining and bitching gets you!!!!!!!!!!

Old June 28th 05, 01:43 AM
Rhonda

Is this Karen V, the one with the Ebay auctions?

Bwaaa haaa haaa...

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I did a little sleuthing because I am so ****ed.

Rhonda

Jess A via CatKB.com wrote:

I recently started reading this board, and have been following Conan's story!
After reading some of the messages, I became extremely concerned about the
fact that people could justify placing Conan with Charlie Wilkes. He would
not provide a suitable home for Conan. Anyone who gets his cat high should
not have a cat. From what I have seen over and over, he has shown that he
neglects, and in my opinion abuses, animals. I cannot believe that anybody
would even think about placing Conan there. It makes me ill to think about
the situation.

Anyways, what Mary said about the adoption and its process was completely
false. I was on the phone with Katherine at the Orange County Shelter today,
and nothing Mary has said is true. Conan is not presently at risk for being
euthanized. Yes, he will be "re-evaluated" on Wednesday, but Katherine said
that as long as he is in good health and is an adoptable cat, which we know
he is, he will be kept longer. I don't think that leaving him in the shelter
for a few more days so we could find a more suitable home would pose any sort
of a problem.

Mary claimed to have "arranged" for Conan to be picked up. Katherine said
numerous times that the Orange County Shelter is a publicly-run government-
funded organization, therefore, no one can arrange for an out-of-state
adoption. Animals are adopted on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you
have the money, you can have the cat. Katherine said she did not receive any
applications from Charlie Wilkes, because they have no applications process
and they do not do ANY sort of screening. It is not possible that anyone
could have applied to adopt Conan, because they don't take applications.
Despite, what Mary says, Katherine denied that any sort of out-of-state
adoption had been approved, or ever would be.

You don't have to believe me, call the shelter and ask yourself.

Old June 28th 05, 01:47 AM
Philip

Jess A via CatKB.com wrote:

[...]

It is perfectly ok for an adopting person to be from another state. This
from Katherine Wilson's mouth to my ears this afternoon. ALL they care
about is anybody stepping up to the plate, paying the fees, and taking
possession. It's one unit moved through the system instead of the
euthanaisia chamber. Ms Wilson is a busy woman managing all that goes on in
the shelter. She knows now from my perspective WHAT you people are. She
would not tell me anything directly and specific about your calls but I got
the impression that you have worn thin your welcome. So ... get your
mission accomplished by simply paying the fees and taking Conan home. It's
that simple. All this petty qualifying crap is just to make yourselves feel
important. I also took up the matter of personal information. You may have
gotten somebody in deep yogurt if not suspended.

Old June 28th 05, 01:48 AM
Philip

Jess A via CatKB.com wrote:

[...]

There is no special "hold" on Conan whatsoever. But I see that now cats who
are longer residents at the shelter and the ower relinquished cats have a
little tag on their cage saying "Pet me, I love attention" So far, that
seems to be the only fallout from the concern over Conan and indeed, it may
just be a coincidence.

As Katherince says (and is shelter policy) "If you like the cat, take it now
while it is here!"

Old June 28th 05, 01:48 AM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Jess A via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

FWIW, most shelters do periodic health checks of cats that are there
for extended stays - this includes a vet or vet tech check, taking the
cat's temp, and general health screen. This may be what was meant be
"re-evaluation". Why - when they call the shelter - doesn't someone
ask *exactly WHAT* they mean by "re-evaluation"...instead of all this
speculation...?
-L.

I asked Katherine that and she skirted the issue. If all you have to
offer to those who are giving their time and money to help Conan is to
tell even more people to "call the shelter," why bother? Asshole.

Funny, she answered that very question very succinctly when I asked what
"evaluation date" meant. Or maybe you never called Katherine at all.

Old June 28th 05, 02:01 AM
-L.

Philip wrote:
Funny, she answered that very question very succinctly when I asked what
"evaluation date" meant. Or maybe you never called Katherine at all.

What was her answer?

-L.

Old June 28th 05, 02:03 AM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Mary wrote:
I asked Katherine that and she skirted the issue.

Then you didn't ask the right question or press it enough. There is no
reason they shouldn't tell you this information. She probably didn't
want to hear you scream at her if she told you he would be euthanized,
if your RL persona is anything nearly as acerbic as your OL one is.

Lyn. You have already proven how stupid you are. You do not need
to keep proving it over and over and over.

If all you have to offer
to those who are giving their time and money to help Conan is to
tell even more people to "call the shelter," why bother? Asshole.

"Asshole" me all you want. I have connections in LA - and have sent
out feelers to see if anyone can do anything about the situation. I
also have contributed anonymously to other situations that have arisen
in the group in the past. I just didn't do it publicly and with
fanfare and for attention. Like you.

Right. I did a really bad thing.