sadistic freak

Old November 29th 04, 04:35 PM
Laila

Default sadistic freak

that is my flatmate. he calls me in the morning and says that he
noticed that the cat is scratching his ties, which he chooses to hang
in the living room which is a common area. he asked "what if i (he)
would pay for the cat to be declawed..." i told him i'll pay for his
ties and then did i make him eat his words! he says this to me after
i told him very explicitly that i do not mutilate animals and what i
think of people who do, and he knew that he is moving into an
apartment with a cat. "well, if the cat be in a specific area of the
apartment". "no you, sadist, your ties can be in your room". "well
this is a common area, i don't want to keep it all
to myself, but i just want to keep my clothes there safe and Z (our
other flat mate, not a sadist, a nice person) also plans to use
it...". "uh, it's a common area, thus no expectation of privacy. i
don't care what you do with it, since i don't use it, so get a screen
door, or build a closet. did Z say she wants to use it and for it to
be free from cat with claws" "well, no, she didn't. where do i get a
screen door?" dumbass idiot. then he called me saying that he doesn't
want me to be angry with him and he found a screen door. hmmm, how
about not suggesting to chop off parts of paws of a cat in order to
keep your ugly ties "safe" in a living room?

-L
Old November 29th 04, 06:05 PM
Mary

"Laila" wrote in message
[...]

Good for you for setting him straight. What a moron!

Old November 29th 04, 07:43 PM
Heather

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:35:16 -0500, Laila
wrote:

[...]

You know, I've heard of a procedure that can save and prolong
life for as many as 50 years. Your flatmate might want to consider
it. It's known as a "lipotomy"...the process of stitching one's lips
shut so that one cannot spray verbal diarrhea and offensive rubbish
over others. It dramatically decreases the risk of being offensive
to the point that others want to decrease his life span. :-)
Of course, he'd have to find other ways of getting nutrition but hey,
into each life some rain must fall. grin

Susan (Heather)
some merciful soul either debilitates or ends that person's life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can only please one person each day.
Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't
looking good either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old November 29th 04, 11:45 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-11-29, Laila penned:
[...]

His suggestion was awful, but it doesn't necessarily make him sadistic; he
probably just hasn't ever given the matter much thought.

My cat and I lived at my brother's house for a year, and boy, did we have some
fun times. She shredded a graduation tassle of his; his dog ate my backpack.

Anyway, a person who's spent time around cats recognizes that to a cat, ties
draped seductively on furniture are indistinguishable from cat toys. It may
help to try to get him to think like a cat a bit, rather than getting all
upset at him.

It may also help to get a scratching post or three =)

--
monique

Old November 29th 04, 11:56 PM
Laila

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:45:36 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"
wrote:

On 2004-11-29, Laila penned:
[...]

he doesn't give much thought to living things. i made my views on
this practice abundantly clear a while ago. i am sure he "forgot".

My cat and I lived at my brother's house for a year, and boy, did we have some
fun times. She shredded a graduation tassle of his; his dog ate my backpack.

that's what animals do, so keeping stuff securely away form them is
the responsibility of the human.

Anyway, a person who's spent time around cats recognizes that to a cat, ties
draped seductively on furniture are indistinguishable from cat toys. It may
help to try to get him to think like a cat a bit, rather than getting all
upset at him.

he HAS cats at home. oddly enough, they are declawed. their HIND
paws are declawed! when he was just moving in he was cooing about how
cute Shaina is and how he wants to get a cat too and will be getting
one. that's when the whole declawing issue came up. he is keeping
his clothes in the living room. perhaps he should start thinking as a
human and keep them in his room. she doesn't go there.

It may also help to get a scratching post or three =)

she has scratching posts and she scratches on the rug i have in my
room that is just like a scratching post. it's not about scratching.
she is a lively kitten and expecting her to stay away from a
particular part of the living room is ridiculous and suggesting to
remove her claws is just disgusting.

-L
Old November 30th 04, 12:17 AM
Phil P.

news
wrote:

On 2004-11-29, Laila penned:
[...]

Send him to my site:

http://www.maxshouse.com/facts_about_declawing.htm

and Megan's:

http://community-2.webtv.net/zuzu22/STOPDECLAWCOM/

That ought to wake him up. If it doesn't, hold his third phalanx at the
joint with your fingernails and squeeze just enough to make him flinch.

Phil

Old November 30th 04, 12:22 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-11-29, Laila penned:
wrote:

His suggestion was awful, but it doesn't necessarily make him sadistic; he
probably just hasn't ever given the matter much thought.

he doesn't give much thought to living things. i made my views on this
practice abundantly clear a while ago. i am sure he "forgot".

I'm sorry you have to live with someone whose values are so repugnant to you.

My cat and I lived at my brother's house for a year, and boy, did we have
some fun times. She shredded a graduation tassle of his; his dog ate my
backpack.

that's what animals do, so keeping stuff securely away form them is the
responsibility of the human.

Agreed, mostly. My brother agreed, too. What I remember, though, is how
thoroughly surprised my brother was at why a cat would destroy a tassle
hanging on a doorstop. He just never realized what a temptation that would be
for a cat.

Anyway, a person who's spent time around cats recognizes that to a cat, ties
draped seductively on furniture are indistinguishable from cat toys. It may
help to try to get him to think like a cat a bit, rather than getting all
upset at him.

he HAS cats at home. oddly enough, they are declawed. their HIND paws are
declawed! when he was just moving in he was cooing about how cute Shaina is
and how he wants to get a cat too and will be getting one. that's when the
whole declawing issue came up. he is keeping his clothes in the living
room. perhaps he should start thinking as a human and keep them in his
room. she doesn't go there.

I agree, but I'll still play devil's advocate here. He grew up around
declawed cats. Presumably, his parents, people he loves and respects, had
them declawed, so it never occured to him that this could be cruel behavior.
Furthermore, the cats he grew up with never had the chance to damage things
with their claws, so he wasn't prepared for the fact that cats with claws do
such things.

I don't know this guy, so perhaps I'm giving him way too much of the benefit
of the doubt. It occurs to me, though, especially when I think of his future
cat, that you catch more flies with honey ... if you don't want him to declaw
his cat, it may be more effective to calmly make the case, rather than getting
super-angry at him. People tend to respond negatively to anger.

It may also help to get a scratching post or three =)

she has scratching posts and she scratches on the rug i have in my room that
is just like a scratching post. it's not about scratching. she is a lively
kitten and expecting her to stay away from a particular part of the living
room is ridiculous and suggesting to remove her claws is just disgusting.

I agree, but again, it sounds like a new concept to this guy. Maybe he's just
slow-witted, not malicious.

--
monique
Old November 30th 04, 10:44 PM
J1Boss

I agree, but again, it sounds like a new concept to this guy. Maybe he's
just
slow-witted, not malicious.

--
monique

I agree. Pet ownership in multi-person households where all don't agree on the
pet conditions (nor have responsibility for the pet) are often the worst
situations for a pet to stay permanently. It's hard to raise a pet "your" way
when you share space with other people who have their rights as well.

While you work on his commone sense, how about making an irresistable hanging
play-toy area for her? Safe and acceptable (and catnip laced) dangling objects
for her to play with, swing on, and keep her occupied. Perhaps some "keep
away" spray (seems to me Pet Organics brand stuff is somewhat effective) near
his tie area, can deter her as well. Good luck - and maybe it's time to start
apartment hunting!

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience