Why does cat whoops after meals..

Old January 28th 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Why does cat whoops after meals..

Hi,

My cat has been whoopsing after about half of her meals, otherwise she is
absolutely fine. I think it may be because she doesn't just sit right down
and eat all of her wet food, she eats about half, then over the next few
hours eats bit by bit..If she were human, she'd be one of those people who
would sit in restaurants for three hours...Should I take the food away after
a half hour? Is it bad to let the wet food sit out?

She has a normal appetite, and I feed her the high-quality brands, Nutro,
Felidae, etc. It could be that I have added different types, I notice that
she seems to have trouble with lamb and fish - is that more troublesome to
cats. But I want her to have variety so she doesn't get bored...She's also
drinking normally..

I weigh her about once a week on a digital scale, and her weight is very good,
she hasn't lost an ounce, she's 10 years old, and is on Norvasc for high
blood pressure. Does Norvasc make cats throw up?

J.L.

Old January 28th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

My cat will have a few mouth full's when I put her food down and then go
back to it thought the day when she is hungry.

In my experience this is normal.

--
---
THANKS

----------------------------
Why not look at our E Bay items
http://tinyurl.com/4874c
www.ricksvill.co.uk
MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR WEB SITE
www.chitika.com/mm_overview.php?refid=ricksvill

Old January 29th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:27:42 +0000, J.L. via CatKB.com wrote:

Hi,

My cat has been whoopsing after about half of her meals

Define whoopsing.

Really. I thought it said "whooping" and I was imagining this cat eating a
little
bit and saying 'yeeeee hawwwww.'

Old January 29th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"cybercat" wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:27:42 +0000, J.L. via CatKB.com wrote:

Hi,

My cat has been whoopsing after about half of her meals

Define whoopsing.

Really. I thought it said "whooping" and I was imagining this cat eating a
little
bit and saying 'yeeeee hawwwww.'

That's what mine do after a dump :-)

Practically do donkey kicks.

-mhd
Old January 29th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

whoopsing..means barfing, vomiting, etc! I'm trying to feed her a bit less,
she goes in cycles of not finishing her food..to licking the bowl clean. Oh
well, maybe she puts herself on a diet..

J.L.

mlbriggs wrote:
Hi,

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

J.L.

Define whoopsing.

Old January 29th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote

bit and saying 'yeeeee hawwwww.'

That's what mine do after a dump :-)

Practically do donkey kicks.

Ha! My cat Snidely used to do that. It was hilarious. I remember her doing
this thing with her back feet that reminded me of what we did with those
little cars that you had to kind of rub on the floor to get them to go? And
then she would just shoot off across the house!

Old January 31st 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

If your cat is throwing up after eating, s/he may have a food allergy.
This isn't related to the quality of food, it's related to the type of
protein. A cat who reacts to chicken protein will react to it no
matter how well it's prepared. There are several hypoallergenic diets
available for cats that you can get from your vet.

M.

Old January 31st 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Mr. Bonkers used to do it after the first meal of the day and only the first
meal of the day. We switched him from dry to fancy feast marinated (with
lots of fluid) for that first meal and the problem stopped. He gets dry food
the rest of the day. I will also say that Science diet for sensitive
stomachs also solved the problem but we thought the wet food would be better
for him. For treats he gets Fancy feast dry...He inhales that stuff. He gets
just a little because he eats it too fast which also causes upchucking

Now he only upchucks when he eats grass

"cybercat" wrote in message

news

Old February 1st 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

J.L. via CatKB.com wrote:
Hi,

My cat has been whoopsing after about half of her meals, otherwise she is

J.L.

she's eating too much

if you want her to eat less

do away with "meal times"
just keep food out for her.

She may not want all that you put out for a meal
yet! there will be no more till morning, so what is a cat to do but eat
it
(especially if there are other cats in the house)