My tribute to my Paw - Donald Gregory

Old October 23rd 10, 09:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gabrielle[_2_]

Default My tribute to my Paw - Donald Gregory

On Oct 22, 9:26*pm, Snowlady wrote:
The porter opens and out step the 5 Batson Cats. Heads turn as old
friends notice the newest memfurr of the family.
They make their way to a row of seats nearby. Mattie, in her beautiful
black and gold shimmering designer gown along with Max in his ever
present black tuxedo, complete with white bib, gloves and milk spot on
his lip, Boo in his all black tuxedo accented with a sea-green vest,
Petey also in an all black tuxedo and matching sea-green vest, sit
down as their newest family memfurr, Hunnybun, in a flowing sea-green
(to match her eyes) long gown with delicate gold embroidery along the
hem, edges of the sleeves and neckline makes her way up to the podium.
Nervously, she unfolds a well worn piece of paper, clears her throat
and begins her tribute...

Dearest friends and family members, I am here to honor my hoomin Paw,
Donald Gregory. Since this is my furry first Ball, I wasn't sure of
the rules of the honorees but hope that my tribute is acceptable to
everyone.
Here is our story; my life was a mystery until I came to live with my
first family, the Shibleys. You may remember Mocha Dianne Shibley
Batson? She was part of our family until Mom Shibley went to the
Rainbow Bridge in 2002. Mocha came to live with the Batsons and their
cats shortly after that and stayed with them until liver failure took
her away in 2007. At that time I was still living at the Shibleys but
they asked Renee to find me a onetruehome. She knew her dad, Donald
Gregory, was without a cat at the time and asked him if perhaps he
would be willing to foster me until we could find the right home for
me. *He agreed to take me and so I went in the cage to see my new
place. *I saw a finger poke into the cage and of course I rubbed on
it. I know fingers are attached to hands and hands pet. This greatly
surprised the man who was petting me. Evidently, not every kitty is
this friendly. I was let out of my cage into an older mobile home and
met my new friend. As time went on and things got busy, they forgot to
find me a new onetruehome. Renee called her dad and asked how things
were going. Of course we had bonded and became best friends and he
told Renee that it was no longer necessary to find me another place to
stay, I was home. Since I was an only cat, I was given the furry best
food and of course I got all the pets and my choice of beds.

Sad news came in 2008, Paw's cancer had returned and he was no longer
able to care for himself. He moved in with Renee and her family and I
was left with only visits every few days for food, water and other
necessities. Oh how I missed my Paw! Radiation treatment was done and
he was back on his feet. It was time to find a new place for us to
live. Moving was fun and the place we moved to was even better!
Retirement living, only 7 minutes from Renee and her family was the
place for us. I had the run of the place and Paws complete attention.
We were together all the time except when he went to the dining hall
for meals, church time and the doctor visits which were becoming more
frequent. There were even a few hospital stays but I was well taken
care of. I still missed my Paw though. When Renee would come to pick
Paw up for his doctor visits and for church, I was always his favorite
subject. He would tell them all the routines and funny things I had
done throughout the week. They would joke and comment on how the
stories were always the same and that they could quote them by heart!
Then one day Paw slid down to the floor in the bathroom...I tried to
help but couldn't. He finally managed to push the button on his
Lifeline bracelet and call for help. The nice men came and took him
away to the hospital. He was there ever so long... about a week but
that is a long time to a kitty. They came and fed me and took care of
my box but nothing was the same without my Paw. Then one day Renee
came to get me and put me in a cage and took me to see Paw! He was in
another place they called skilled nursing. I rubbed all over him to
make sure he smelled like me. I didn't want him to forget his
Hunnybun! He talked a little funny and I heard the word stroke and his
left arm didn't work so well but I didn't mind, the right hand had
lots of pets left. Renee always told Paw that she and I were sisters.
That brought a smile to him every time. After that visit, I was able
to come back to see him a few more times. I knew when Renee came with
the cage to our place, that we were going to see Paw but when she came
furry late in the day and was in such a hurry, I knew something was
wrong. When we got to his room, his eyes were not open and he did not
pet me at first. His breathing was rattley and he only responded only
with 'yeah' or 'no' to Renee. She was talking to Paw about some furry
impurrtant things and promised to see him the next day. She mentioned
me and that's when I finally got my pets from Paw... She packed me in
my cage, told Paw she loved him and he said he loved her too which was
a surprise since it was his only sentence all evening. I was then
taken back home, alone. *Renee finally came back a day or two later,
put me in the cage and told me that I was going to live with her now
and that Paw was gone.She wet me with her tears and I was furry
confused. My sweet Paw who loved and pet me and told stories about me
because I was one of the most important things in his life was gone?
He told everyone about me and said that of all the many cats he had
ever owned, that I was the very best. *Everyday I miss him, he was
such a loving man. They said he had true animal magnetism and that he
could even get feral cats to come to him for pets. All types of
animals saw in him what I saw, a gentle, kind spirit who knew how to
make a lonely, sad kitty feel accepted and loved. Renee is so glad she
was able to put the two of us together for Paws last 3 years. It made
all the difference in the world to both of us. Some times Renee will
get something of Paws out and let me smell his smell again. We both
miss him furry, furry much. For me, he was an Honorary Cat because of
his kind rescue of me and many other kitties throughout years past.
(Hunnybun removes a handkerchief and gently dabs her eyes). Sorry
about this being so long but I didn't get to pay my respects at Paws
hoomin memorial service. I thank you all so much for taking the time
to listen.

Hunnybun makes her way back to the row of seats with her new family
and sits down to listen to the next tribute....

[Ralph de Ralf edges over to where the Batson Cats are sitting and
gives Hunnybun a cheeksmooch.]
Dat wuz....dat wuz...well, it wuz purrfect, Hunnybun. Yew made yerown
Paw humin happee. Ize glad Anti Renee lez yew snif hiz smell
sumtimes.
Ralph, pausing to hug Mattie and the others as he returns to his
clowder
Old October 23rd 10, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stacey[_3_]

(Lurking anti and old member MMSes)

Godspeed to your Paw Hunnybun

Anti Stacey

Old October 24th 10, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
riddik

On Oct 23, 12:26*am, Snowlady wrote:

[snipped for the server]

Hunnybun makes her way back to the row of seats with her new family
and sits down to listen to the next tribute....

Hunnybun, dat wuz absolootly purrfekt. Mine hoomin is leeking a
liddul water frum her eyes rite now, but dat's notta bad fing atall.
Yurdad wuz furryfurry speshul, an wee fangu fur tellin us bowt him.

Mietze

[hugs, Renee.]
Melissa

Old October 30th 10, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Piglett goes to Honeybun, I losted a ferri gud hooman alzo anna I knowz how
u feelz. Iffin u effer needz a fren u kall mineselfz. She takes a rainhbow
hankie and wipes her tears as she remembers what she has lost.