The Story of the 1st Jellicle Ball

Old October 23rd 10, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

Default The Story of the 1st Jellicle Ball

Prowling through some of Great Ancestors Bonnie things I came across
the story -- and History of -- The Jellicle Ball and why it is so
important. We must always remember why we are here. Enjoy the Ball,
but remember why we celebrate.

Misty the Black Panther, Mistress of the Night

The Story of the Jellicle Ball Parts 1 - 4

Part 1
The theme for the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball is: The Transcendental
Power of Love. Since RPC came on line, many wonderful and special
kittens and cats have passed to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.
But *-- as we know since we are CATS -- death is not the end to life,
but rather the beginning of a new one. It should not be seen as a
period of protracted mourning, but rather as a period of celebration
-- this is more-or-less in keeping with the poet T.S. Eliot's works
about CATS: We gather once a year to select the cat that can come back
to a new Jellicle Life. Love is a binding force that transcends both
time and space, and we will all reunite at the
Rainbow Bridge. In recognition that there are so many kittens and cats
deserving of a new Jellicle Life this year we pay honor to all who
have gone before; to celebrate their lives in story, song, and
memories.

Bonnie, The Black Panther

Part 2
The area for the Ball will cover a circular area approximately the
size of Yankee Stadium. In the center will be a computer center with
globe projector and split beam prisms. Around the puuurrrrrimeter will
be 100 "ft." tall projection screens with spaces in between. These
spaces will be exits and entrances for the various participants. These
exists and entrances must be secured from D*GS. While I do not
advocate the use of razor wire, if that is what is necessary to
provide security do it. The purrrson that has volunteered for this has
a big task on his paws. At various places around the purrrrrimeter
there will be stages of different types. The main stage will hold the
band where music will be played; 180 degrees away will be a circular
stage for story tellers. Here many of our brave tales can be told
again so that they may be re-told for
generations to come. Cats who forget their past, as we all know, have
no future.

Bonnie, The Black Panther, Co- Host of the 1st RPC Annual Jellicle
Ball

Part 3
As the Full Moon starts to rise, and the stars come out to shine, one
name at a time will be projected onto a huge main projection screen
which is to be adjacent to the band. Spike, our original MC for this
Ball will be the first name to be shown, out of respect. The format
will be this: The Cat's [or kitten's] name, and the name of the house
they protected. Ex. Gypsy, House of Ruskin. No other titles will be
used -- on this night all cats are to be considered of equal rank. All
cats will be treated in this manner. In the event the Cat or Kitten
belonged to no home, it will be the Cat or Kitten's name, House of
Bastet. The MC will rule over the Ball. We still do not have any
submissions for the MC, therefore I am appointing Christofur, esq,
executor for Spike to 1) Find someone who will serve in the role. The
is a very HIGH HONOR. The cat selected should be our oldest inhabitant
-- in the event that no nominations are put forth,
by default Christofur, esq will be the MC.

Bonnie, The Black Panther Co-Host of the 1st Annual Jellicle Ball
--
* * * *R.H. Ruskin Jr., Ph.D. * * *
* "Sometimes the veil between human and animal intelligence wears

Part 4

The MC for the ball will rule over the Ball [which will be Christofur
by default if no other cat can be found]. The next to last song will
be
Memories. The Host and Hostess of the Ball [Sir Galaxy and myself, or
Sir Galaxy and my stand-in, the lovely Ebony, The Black Panther
(though if I can not make it I will be there in spirit as I watch the
Moon sail overhead)] will have the whole floor unto themselves for the
first few measures, they will then invite all other cats to then join
them. At the end of the song the MC will ask that those cats deserving
of a New Jellicle Life be simultaneously projected through the beam
splitters to fall upon all the huge projection screens that surround
the puuurrrrimeter. All the names which have been shown will now be
shown one final time en mass. They will remain projected for 30
seconds before the start to revolve around the gathered assemblage,
first rather slowly, but then faster and faster until they become one
indistinct blurr where upon they will start to rise towards the curved
in peaks of the projection screens -- up past the Russel Hotel, up
into the Heavyside Layer -- the the names will meet in a final blast
of light, and the simultaneous release of fireworks. As the fireworks
fade the Band will begin to play a melody of "The Power of Love" and
"Everybody Wants to be a Cat".
The Dawn should be breaking about this time, and as the various cats
leave through the portals between the screens, we can then reflect on
the meaning of the Jellicle Ball: To Remember What Happiness Is; To
Love One Another, so a New Day can begin.

Bonnie, The Black Panther, Lady of the House of Ruskin, Lady to Sir
Galaxy, Hosts of the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball
Old October 23rd 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Thank you for the history of the 1st Jellicle Ball.
Love and purrs, Mosey for his Family

"Bobcat" Prowling through some of Great Ancestors Bonnie things I came

Old October 23rd 10, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"Bobcat" wrote in message
[...]

That was sooo impurrsive!
We need tu know ower history.
--
Pitô.ônya

Old October 27th 10, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

i sure hopez dat bookerz hoomin seez diz anna putisef onna community
webisite, den nezt year we kan juzt pozt a link anna durin da year hoomins
kan go anna rereaditsef when dey wantz, OEJ for her howze

Old October 28th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
conniepo

We thank u fur this infurmation. This is owr furst ball

Tigger, Sweetpea, and Cookie
Old October 28th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

Well, we hopez it wont be yurown lastest wun.

Rebecca

Old October 30th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Bookerz hoomin is not furry gud wif web stuff, zo Anti Heather haz been
takin kare of diz fur ar inkompetent sekretari.

Booker