Tubby the farmcat

Old March 21st 04, 07:23 AM
Mary

I'll keep purring for him to beat the infection and to have many more
years greeting visitors to the farm

Get some Olive Leaf extract capsules. Open one up. Get one pinky nail full, mix
with tuna juice, give him that. It's an herbal remedy that has something in it
which stops bacteria from reproducing. People give it to kitties with URI.
Works like clavamox. Be sure to give him probiotics to give him gut flora that
the antibiotics might have killed. I wish him the best of luck. I've been doing
cat rescue/rehab for over 20 years.
Old March 21st 04, 08:06 AM
LOL

Victor Martinez wrote in message ...
Well, I spoke with Carol Ann today. They have taken Tubby off the
medication. They consulted with their SIL who is a phisician and he said
that the medication is very toxic and damaging to the liver, even in
humans. That if he survived the infection, the drug would probably kill
him soon afterwards. Furthermore, Tubby hated the medication so much
that he would run whenever he saw Carol Ann coming over. He even moved
out of the house and started spending all his time outside. This was
very hard for both Carol Ann and Tubby.
She said she sat down with Tubby and told him she wouldn't torture him
anymore, "No more pills Tubby", she said. He then jumped on her lap and
headbutted her, thanking her for that choice. He might be able to fight
off the infection on his own, if he starts eating. Which he has. But not
what you expected. He's caught a couple of mice and ate them. Now Carol
Ann has gone and bought him feeder mice from Petsmart (I know, she
wasn't feeling good about it, she called them "rats" because that would
make her feel more at ease) for Tubby. He seems better, but still sick.
At least he's eating. I suggested green tea to help boost his immune
system, she's going to try that too.
It's really amazing how much people care. Everybody who goes to the farm
asks about him and many bring various foods for him to try, from Rx cans
to fresh organic chicken livers. He's a very loved cat.
I'll keep purring for him to beat the infection and to have many more
years greeting visitors to the farm.

Regards.

Victor

We're purring hard for Tubby. Is there no other medication that would
be effective but not so toxic?

------
Krista
Old March 21st 04, 10:10 AM
polonca12000

I do so hope Tubby can get well on his own!
Lots and lots of best wishes and purrs for Tubby and hugs for Carol Ann,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Well, I spoke with Carol Ann today. They have taken Tubby off the
medication. They consulted with their SIL who is a phisician and he said
that the medication is very toxic and damaging to the liver, even in
humans. snip

Old March 21st 04, 11:51 AM
JP Hobbs

Many Purrs for Tubby to get well, do they know what his problem is?
hope its nothing too bad Jean.P.
[...]

Send your spam he
Email me he

Old March 21st 04, 05:47 PM
Takayuki

Victor Martinez wrote:

Well, I spoke with Carol Ann today. They have taken Tubby off the
medication. They consulted with their SIL who is a phisician and he said
that the medication is very toxic and damaging to the liver, even in
humans. That if he survived the infection, the drug would probably kill
him soon afterwards. Furthermore, Tubby hated the medication so much
that he would run whenever he saw Carol Ann coming over. He even moved
out of the house and started spending all his time outside. This was
very hard for both Carol Ann and Tubby.

Purrs for poor Tubby.

Old March 21st 04, 11:40 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:34:02 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Well, I spoke with Carol Ann today. They have taken Tubby off the
medication. They consulted with their SIL who is a phisician and he said
that the medication is very toxic and damaging to the liver, even in
humans. That if he survived the infection, the drug would probably kill
him soon afterwards. Furthermore, Tubby hated the medication so much
that he would run whenever he saw Carol Ann coming over. He even moved
out of the house and started spending all his time outside. This was
very hard for both Carol Ann and Tubby.

snip
Thanks for the update. Sorry that the medication turned out to be as
bad as the infection. Sometimes the stress and side effects are as bad
as the cure, and not worth the loss of quality of life.

Hope they can keep him eating, and maybe find something that can beat
the infection without all the adverse effect.

Purrs continuing for Tubby to beat the infection
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: