Hi to you guys! Some newbie help please?

Old December 22nd 03, 01:15 AM
Steven Cook

Default Hi to you guys! Some newbie help please?

First I'd like to say Hi to you guys, I'm a new cat owner, just over 3
weeks and counting although my SO has had cats most of her life. If
anyone is interested you can view pictures of our new boys at the
following links

http://www.stevencook.net/images/benny.jpg

http://www.stevencook.net/images/chooch.jpg

We got them from our local Cats Protection in Scotland, UK. They are
8yrs old and are everything we'd hoped for!

The main reason for this post is that we have been feeding them IAMS,
and although the boys absolutley love the stuff I have been shocked by
some of the stuff I've read about their "research" techniques. Most
of the stuff I have read has been "old" and I'm wondereing if they
have cleaned up their act recently, if not can someone recommend an
alternate dry product we can switch them to?

Also, we live in a small one bedroom flat/apartment and are currently
trying to get them to use a covered litter tray with varying levels of
success.It doesn't half reek when they drop one! Does anyone have any
tips on converting them to such a tray?

Steve.
Old December 22nd 03, 02:10 AM
Karen

in article , Steven Cook at
wrote on 12/21/03 6:15 PM:

[...]

Are they brothers? Sure look alike. I switched off Iams when Johsnon bought
them. I really don't know what to believe about "research" anymore. Whenever
food comes up here it's a big issue. As I understand it, food is much better
in the UK supposedly. So, I think you just need to do what you can. Most
posters here are US so it will be different anyway.

As for the litter box, what type of litter do you use? that makes a big
difference. Again, I don't know what brands you have over there, though I
believe the choice is less.

Karen

Old December 22nd 03, 02:21 AM
Cheryl

Steven Cook wrote in on 21
Dec 2003:

First I'd like to say Hi to you guys, I'm a new cat owner, just over 3
weeks and counting although my SO has had cats most of her life. If
anyone is interested you can view pictures of our new boys at the
following links

http://www.stevencook.net/images/benny.jpg

http://www.stevencook.net/images/chooch.jpg

We got them from our local Cats Protection in Scotland, UK. They are
8yrs old and are everything we'd hoped for!

Awww.. congrats and thank you for adopting some "oldsters". They are
darling! Can't comment about your questions but love the pics.

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Old December 22nd 03, 02:29 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Steven Cook" wrote in message
Also, we live in a small one bedroom flat/apartment and are currently
trying to get them to use a covered litter tray with varying levels of
success.It doesn't half reek when they drop one! Does anyone have any
tips on converting them to such a tray?

If you mean that they don't always want to use the litter box, try an
uncovered one, too, next to the covered one. See if they prefer it. You
may also want to try a different litter if the uncovered box doesn't work.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old December 22nd 03, 03:08 AM
Alison

Hi Steven ,
James Wellbeloved and Burns are often recommended on UK newsgroups
.. You'll find their websites on the search machine Google .
Alison

hey guys idohair Cat anecdotes 9 September 15th 04 10:42 PM
Help me, guys!! Kitties peeing everywhere!!! Jean Hobbs Cat anecdotes 8 August 17th 04 12:09 AM
Okay guys, think I got it! Allegra640 Cat anecdotes 15 September 24th 03 02:34 AM