(OT) Another Rant (sorry!)

Old January 14th 12, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) Another Rant (sorry!)

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

If I moved I'd still have to pay the property taxes and maintain the
homeowners insurance AND pay the club dues for however long it takes to
sell the house. So that's not really a good plan.

Well, you don't move until you sell yours, of course but if I were in your
shoes I would put the house on the market immediately for a lower price
than the other one and wait.
You can't lose anything if it doesn't sell and if it does, you are out of
there with money to buy another place, maybe not so nice but hey.
I never heard of such of a thing in my life, forcing someone to pay to eat
somewhere they don't want to go.
We do have over 55 developments here but I don't think the residents have
to eat anywhere specific to be allowed to live there!
It must be a real worry for you.
Tweed

It's a PITA, that's for sure. But "dining" is the *only* benefit I get from
this membership. It's hard to explain. I paid a *lot* more than this
$830/year dining minimum to join their damn club. That's because it
includes access to amenities (such as they are) which benefit me not one
whit. I probably wouldn't mind if they had a "dining only" membership.
(I'm told that used to be an option.)

They really don't care if I eat there or not. The point is I've already
paid for it, so I may as well eat there. I have to pay monthly dues on top
of the initial membership fee. They send me a monthly statement showing how
much of the annual "dining mimimum" I've used. But they can't even get that
right! They incorrectly billed me for attending their New Years Eve event.
($179 USD! That's *insane*!) I'll be keeping a sharp eye on those
statements and saving all my receipts. I simply don't trust these people.

As for putting the house on the market, I did some discreet checking. There
is only one real estate agency that sells homes here. (They're in collusion
with the Association.) THEY are the ones who set the price on the house. I
am not allowed to do a FSBO (for sale by owner). The agency web site
clearly states these are all $300,000 USD and up homes. Trust me, this
isn't a $300,000 house. They'd list it at a ridiculous price to maintain
the illusion of prestige.

Then there's the fact there is no mortgage on this house. My father bought
the lot and paid to have the house built. Even if the house sold in
blessedly quick time and I bought another one elsewhere, I'd have to take
out a mortgage loan. I'm really not looking for yet another monthly bill.

Plus, I don't want to uproot Persia again. The poor thing hid under the bed
for two weeks when I moved her here. She snuck out to eat and use the
litter box, then went back into hiding. It took her a couple of months to
get comfortable here. I really don't want to put her through that again.

I'm between a rock and a hard place. At any rate, thank you (all) for
letting me vent my frustrations.

Jill

Old January 14th 12, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm between a rock and a hard place. At any rate, thank you (all) for

letting me vent my frustrations.

It might be a while for you to sell it but get it done. I've never seen a
place to live that makes you eat where you don't want to and costs so much.
Tweed

Old January 14th 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

wrote in message
. Moving would present an entirely new set of problems. Where would I go?

Somewhere free of this cr

don't really have a "home". I'm a military brat. I thought moving here
would be the last move I ever made. Moving is expensive. I've done it
enough times to know I don't want to do it again.

The house next door to me (gorgeous, beautifully upgraded kitchen and well
maintained) has been on the market for 5 years. My house, not so
beautifully upgraded. 1980's appliances, ditto wallpaper and nothing
fancy about it. I did have the rain-gutters cleaned out last year. And I
washed all the windows

If I moved I'd still have to pay the property taxes and maintain the
homeowners insurance AND pay the club dues for however long it takes to
sell the house. So that's not really a good plan.

Well, you don't move until you sell yours, of course but if I were in your
shoes I would put the house on the market immediately for a lower price than
the other one and wait.
You can't lose anything if it doesn't sell and if it does, you are out of
there with money to buy another place, maybe not so nice but hey.
I never heard of such of a thing in my life, forcing someone to pay to eat
somewhere they don't want to go.
We do have over 55 developments here but I don't think the residents have to
eat anywhere specific to be allowed to live there!
It must be a real worry for you.
Tweed

IMHO both you and Jill might benefit from reading up on "realestate
blockbusters". This practise exists in other ways also. My eyes are
bothing me today so I'm not up to doing the searching for you. Best
wishes. MLB

OT RANT Matthew AKA NMR Cat anecdotes 28 April 28th 06 04:24 PM
OT Ok I am annoyed RANT RANT RANT Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \) Cat anecdotes 7 March 30th 06 12:13 AM
OT- I really need to rant KittyLady Cat anecdotes 24 April 6th 05 10:54 AM
OT Rant, rant rant Karen Cat anecdotes 38 March 27th 05 04:09 AM
[OT] Away for a while and a rant CatNipped Cat anecdotes 22 January 14th 05 03:16 PM