Cats like her will live forever

Old August 26th 04, 03:34 PM
Wendy

Default Cats like her will live forever

That's what my vet said about my testy Tigger a few years ago right after
she hissed at him.

I just got the call from the vet to report on how her dental cleaning went.
They are amazed. They said they've never seen a cat her age with such good
teeth. No cavities, no gum problems except a little gingivitis around the
couple of teeth that had plaque build up. She came out of anesthesia kicking
and hissing (her normal behavior up there).

They got a urine sample (I had no luck at home doing that) so we'll see how
that comes back. If that is clear I'm seriously considering talking to the
vet who does acupuncture again and seeing if maybe she can't knock her out
to do it. I can't see having a healthy cat who does nothing but sleep her
life away and can barely make it up onto the couch any more. Heck she's
*only* 17.

Old August 26th 04, 03:56 PM
Mary

"Wendy" wrote in message
That's what my vet said about my testy Tigger a few years ago right after

she hissed at him.

I just got the call from the vet to report on how her dental cleaning

went. They are amazed. They said they've never seen a cat her age with such
goodteeth. No cavities, no gum problems except a little gingivitis around
the couple of teeth that had plaque build up. She came out of anesthesia
kicking and hissing (her normal behavior up there).

She sounds like my Gnarly in these respects. Maybe the ****y gene is linked
with the good teeth gene!