(OT) Cursed Apartment

Old December 27th 04, 11:33 PM
jmcquown

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
We walked in the door to the sound of rushing water.

We skated over the ice on the floor in the dining room to see water
pouring down through the kitchen ceiling. We gingerly made our way
down the basement steps to see water pouring down there, onto the
concrete. And no furnace on.

A water pipe against an outside wall apparently broke. And I am

convinced that apartment from next door is *cursed*!

Ginger-lyn

Purrs on the way. Hopefully (as Jo mentioned) the gas company will cover
the damages if the bill was paid up and they shut off the gas in error.

Jill

Old December 27th 04, 11:44 PM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
I feel so badly for the landlord. He had to evict another tenant,
who
had lived there longer than I've lived here (over 18 years). He had
that one rehabbed a few years ago, and it is trashed.

He's not your typical rich-guy slumlord. He works for Childrens'
Services, for heaven's sake. And he has just been scr*w*d lately by
bad tenants and bad luck. Maybe the power of purr would help his
luck
to change?

And I am convinced that apartment from next door is *cursed*!

Ginger-lyn

What a nightmare. We got out of the rental business. We got gigged in
every way imaginable the last year and got sick of it. The worst part
is, the people that screwed us the worst were people we had honestly
tried to help.

(snippage)
Sherry

My long-lost, John, owns 4 rental properties. This last year, along with
everything else he's had to deal with, he's had bad tenants leaving the
apartments (small Victorian houses divided into apartments and one small
single home) in shambles. Hardwood floors a mess (thanks to a couple
letting their kids skateboard in the house), holes in walls, etc. And
these, too, were people he was trying to "help". He's not being so helpful
anymore. It's not my place but I've suggested he sell the properties to rid
himself of the headaches.

Jill

Old December 28th 04, 12:12 AM
Dan M

I'm not up on this stuff like I used to think I was, but is there a
group of practitioners who would maybe be willing to work together and
see if combining energies/methods might work? Just in case this is
something stronger than "usual"? I don't suppose that doing another
ritual to honor the kitten and any other spirits might help - a little
less specific than before, maybe? Maybe with a feline assistant -
assuming both you and the cat are willing, of course - to "speak the
language" of the kitten? Just tossing around ideas.

That was my thought. A group work, and if a kitty companion could be
found who was willing to enter the area, that would probably be of help
too.

Dan
Old December 28th 04, 12:43 AM
Irulan

Purrs and prayers that the cursed apartment isn't, and can be repaired for a
minimum cost (though I doubt it the way you described it). And may you get
decent neighbors next time.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
Most of you probably remember my awful animal-abusing next-door
neighbors from whom I rescued Arthur and Morganna, and who were
ultimately evicted.

Well, the apartment is still empty. The landlord had it repainted and
thoroughly cleaned.

It's been below freezing here lately (and boy, do I *hate* cold!).
Since I'm quasi-apartment-manager, I decided yesterday that it might
be a good idea to go check the apartment to make sure the bitter cold
hadn't caused any problems.

We walked in the door to the sound of rushing water.

We skated over the ice on the floor in the dining room to see water
pouring down through the kitchen ceiling. We gingerly made our way
down the basement steps to see water pouring down there, onto the
concrete. And no furnace on.

A water pipe against an outside wall apparently broke. And
apparently, for some unknown reason, the gas company had shut off the
gas, thus causing the former problem.

It's a mess. Water and ice everywhere. Floor buckled and ruined.
Kitchen ceiling ruined. There is a several-inch-thick block of ice
covering the back door outside. Which no one (and there *had* to
people who saw it) bothered to tell anyone about. We were holed up in
here for the holidays, and didn't go out back until DH had to take out
the trash and I heard him scream "OMG!".

The landlord had put me together with a carpet guy to select carpeting
for the apartment. The carpet guy, luckily, had an emergency Friday
and couldn't make it. Then again, if he *had* come, maybe we would
have caught this earlier.

Old December 28th 04, 01:31 AM
Elise

I feel so badly for the landlord. He had to evict another tenant, who
had lived there longer than I've lived here (over 18 years). He had
that one rehabbed a few years ago, and it is trashed.

He's not your typical rich-guy slumlord. He works for Childrens'
Services, for heaven's sake. And he has just been scr*w*d lately by
bad tenants and bad luck. Maybe the power of purr would help his luck
to change?

And I am convinced that apartment from next door is *cursed*!

Ginger-lyn

Purrs for a good landlord's run of luck to improve rapidly
--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
pics:

Old December 28th 04, 02:32 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jo Firey wrote:

I can only hope that either the gas company or his insurance will be
responsible for the damage.

Well, it differs from place to place, but here in Southern
California, the gas is ALWAYS turned off if an apartment is
vacant! (They often leave the electric connected, and just
change it to the new tenant's name when the time comes, but
gas is too dangerous to leave unsupervised for any length of
time.)

Old December 28th 04, 03:50 AM
Jo Firey

Jo Firey wrote:

I can only hope that either the gas company or his insurance will be
responsible for the damage.

Well, it differs from place to place, but here in Southern California, the
gas is ALWAYS turned off if an apartment is vacant! (They often leave the
electric connected, and just change it to the new tenant's name when the
time comes, but gas is too dangerous to leave unsupervised for any length
of time.)

Which makes some sense in Southern California. But not so much in a place
where the pipes are going to freeze.

In this area most of the house fires are in homes where the utilities have
been cut off for non payment, leaving the tenants to use candles, etc.

Jo

Old December 28th 04, 09:43 AM
Mathew Kagis

in message ...
I'm not up on this stuff like I used to think I was, but is there a
group of practitioners who would maybe be willing to work together and
see if combining energies/methods might work? Just in case this is
something stronger than "usual"? I don't suppose that doing another
ritual to honor the kitten and any other spirits might help - a little
less specific than before, maybe? Maybe with a feline assistant -
assuming both you and the cat are willing, of course - to "speak the
language" of the kitten? Just tossing around ideas.

That was my thought. A group work, and if a kitty companion could be
found who was willing to enter the area, that would probably be of help
too.

Dan

Agreed, along with (Just throwing ideas around too) a group human ritual.
Perhaps a circle with several like minded people, followed with a safe space
ritual, may help. Blessed Be.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old December 28th 04, 03:23 PM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...

Jo Firey wrote:

I can only hope that either the gas company or his insurance will be
responsible for the damage.

Well, it differs from place to place, but here in Southern
California, the gas is ALWAYS turned off if an apartment is vacant!
(They often leave the electric connected, and just change it to the
new tenant's name when the time comes, but gas is too dangerous to
leave unsupervised for any length of time.)

Which makes some sense in Southern California. But not so much in a
place where the pipes are going to freeze.

In this area most of the house fires are in homes where the utilities
have been cut off for non payment, leaving the tenants to use
candles, etc.

Jo

Besides, as long as the bill is paid how are they to know it's vacant? Or
really care?

Jill