Wrestling brothers

Old July 26th 05, 01:20 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Wrestling brothers

Fez and Rufous don't seem to want to act like full-grown cats, even
though they're 2 years old now. Pretty much every morning they engage in
a wrestling session, like boy brothers often do. Rufous does a very
unusual thing, that I've never seen before. He stands on his back legs,
like a kangaroo, and holds it while looking menacingly at his brother.
Fez will then jump and tackle his brother and they'll tussle for a
while. There's never any real violence, it seems like honest play fight
that sometimes gets somewhat rough, but still within bounds.
Do any of your cats do the kangaroo pose?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 26th 05, 01:25 PM
Enfilade

Victor Martinez wrote:
Fez and Rufous don't seem to want to act like full-grown cats, even
though they're 2 years old now. Pretty much every morning they engage in
a wrestling session, like boy brothers often do.

Girl sisters do too...Kumani and Tyche, also at 2 years old, must Beat
Up Their Sister! at least once a day.

They don't do the kangaroo thing though. Tyche has this weird thing
where she lies on her back, waits for Kumani to get close and then
closes her legs around Kumani's head like a venus flytrap.

--Fil

Old July 26th 05, 02:06 PM
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Victor Martinez wrote:
Rufous does a very
unusual thing, that I've never seen before. He stands on his back
legs,
like a kangaroo, and holds it while looking menacingly at his
brother...
Do any of your cats do the kangaroo pose?

Presto (RB) used to do this.

Senyah used to babysit a little three year-old girl named Tamara -
the only kid Presto would tolerate. He would stand up on his hind
legs, and they would box with each other.

Mostly, he would slap at her, and she would block his slaps. He had
no front claws, but according to Tamara, he could still pack a punch
(grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old July 26th 05, 02:12 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:20:29 GMT, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

Fez and Rufous don't seem to want to act like full-grown cats, even
though they're 2 years old now. Pretty much every morning they engage in
a wrestling session, like boy brothers often do. Rufous does a very
unusual thing, that I've never seen before. He stands on his back legs,
like a kangaroo, and holds it while looking menacingly at his brother.
Fez will then jump and tackle his brother and they'll tussle for a
while. There's never any real violence, it seems like honest play fight
that sometimes gets somewhat rough, but still within bounds.
Do any of your cats do the kangaroo pose?

It's a good thing he doesn't because I might die laughing. Oh my!
Silly guys.

Theresa
Old July 26th 05, 02:13 PM
Kreisleriana

On 26 Jul 2005 05:25:46 -0700, "Enfilade"
yodeled:

Victor Martinez wrote:
Fez and Rufous don't seem to want to act like full-grown cats, even
though they're 2 years old now. Pretty much every morning they engage in
a wrestling session, like boy brothers often do.

Girl sisters do too...Kumani and Tyche, also at 2 years old, must Beat
Up Their Sister! at least once a day.

They don't do the kangaroo thing though. Tyche has this weird thing
where she lies on her back, waits for Kumani to get close and then
closes her legs around Kumani's head like a venus flytrap.

Very WWF.

Theresa
Old July 26th 05, 02:24 PM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Fez and Rufous don't seem to want to act like full-grown cats, even
though they're 2 years old now. Pretty much every morning they engage in
a wrestling session, like boy brothers often do. Rufous does a very
unusual thing, that I've never seen before. He stands on his back legs,
like a kangaroo, and holds it while looking menacingly at his brother.
Fez will then jump and tackle his brother and they'll tussle for a
while. There's never any real violence, it seems like honest play fight
that sometimes gets somewhat rough, but still within bounds.
Do any of your cats do the kangaroo pose?

Yep, Sammy does this too. Don't you love it? ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 26th 05, 04:20 PM
Jo Firey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Fez and Rufous don't seem to want to act like full-grown cats, even though
they're 2 years old now. Pretty much every morning they engage in a
wrestling session, like boy brothers often do. Rufous does a very unusual
thing, that I've never seen before. He stands on his back legs, like a
kangaroo, and holds it while looking menacingly at his brother. Fez will
then jump and tackle his brother and they'll tussle for a while. There's
never any real violence, it seems like honest play fight that sometimes
gets somewhat rough, but still within bounds.
Do any of your cats do the kangaroo pose?

--

Molly and Jake "fight" and I've seen Jake do it. Molly should be about two
now and Jake is seven but they still have their evening chase and wrestle.

I hope when we board the cats the place doesn't lose their nerve and
separate them. I probably would if they weren't my cats and I hadn't seen
this a thousand times. Only injury we've ever had was a scratched cornea on
one dog one time years ago. Well, and both cats have little scabs on their
necks, same as I have little pin hole scabs on my hands and arms a lot of
the time.

Jo

Jo

Old July 26th 05, 04:41 PM
Singh

Stosh is 2 &1/2, Brandy a year & 1/2, and they still act like little kids;
that's why I call them my Juvenile Delinquents (as opposed to Roxie and
Odessa, The Ladies.) These two will literally spend hours wrasslin. Every
now and then I'll see the kangaroo pose, though most of the time it's more
like demolition derby, each crashing into the other and rolling around like
you'd see in the Tasmanian Devil cartoons. And this morning, while Stosh was
on the armrest of the loveseat, Brandy jumped two feet up and boxed Stosh's
ears!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old July 26th 05, 04:59 PM
Melissa Houle

Victor Martinez wrote in message
Fez and Rufous don't seem to want to act like full-grown cats, even
though they're 2 years old now. Pretty much every morning they engage in
a wrestling session, like boy brothers often do. Rufous does a very
unusual thing, that I've never seen before. He stands on his back legs,
like a kangaroo, and holds it while looking menacingly at his brother.
Fez will then jump and tackle his brother and they'll tussle for a
while. There's never any real violence, it seems like honest play fight
that sometimes gets somewhat rough, but still within bounds.
Do any of your cats do the kangaroo pose?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Nina and her mother have a wrestling match every night after I've turned out
the lights. I'm pretty sure it's playtime, but I think Cesca gets a little
annoyed to be mauled by her child every night. They're almost the same
size, now.

Melissa

Old July 26th 05, 08:22 PM
Enfilade

They don't do the kangaroo thing though. Tyche has this weird thing
where she lies on her back, waits for Kumani to get close and then
closes her legs around Kumani's head like a venus flytrap.

Very WWF.

What an excellent idea for a series of vignettes...

--Fil