Mama's couch potatoes

Old May 28th 05, 05:34 AM
Singh

Default Mama's couch potatoes

Now I know my cats are weird!

I swear on my mother's dentures that I shut off the idiot box before going
to work today. We were watching CNN. I shut it off and tossed the remote on
the loveseat.

When Louie came home the TV was on, and set to CNBC. I NEVER watch CNBC, aka
the Stockbroker Channel. I get dizzy watching all those runners at the
bottom with the funny numbers and letters that stockbrokers like to look up
in the Wall Street Journal. Who, then? Stosh would watch something like the
NFL Network, Spike, or whatever channel is showing "professional" wrestling.
Odessa would watch sensitive programs on Lifetime or Hallmark. Brandy... now
what channel would a little tomboy like her watch? ESPN, or sit with Stosh
watching WWE Raw?

This leaves Roxie, who has been from the start the brainiest of the bunch. I
never thought our little Buddhist would turn to programs of the material.
But then, she was fast asleep by the time Louie got home. Maybe all that
talk bored the heck out of her and she meditated herself to sleep. I hope. I
am scared now of what those kids can do with a remote, and hope they never,
EVER discover the concept of Pay-Per-View or I'll find some Jerry Springer
mess on my cable bill.

Blessed be,
Baha

--

Three thousand years ago,
cats were deified in ancient Egypt.

Old May 28th 05, 03:19 PM
Catnipped

"Singh" wrote in message
[...]

Ohmygawd! Just be grateful they weren't watching the Shopping Network - now
that phones are push-button and answering services work by pressing the
number you want, you could have ended up owing Dr.s Foster and Smith
thousands! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Blessed be,
Baha

Old May 28th 05, 03:38 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:34:30 -0400, "Singh"
yodeled:

Now I know my cats are weird!

I swear on my mother's dentures that I shut off the idiot box before going
to work today. We were watching CNN. I shut it off and tossed the remote on
the loveseat.

When Louie came home the TV was on, and set to CNBC. I NEVER watch CNBC, aka
the Stockbroker Channel. I get dizzy watching all those runners at the
bottom with the funny numbers and letters that stockbrokers like to look up
in the Wall Street Journal.

They have a financial commentator named Ron Insana. Now look
carefully at that last name. Would you trust someone named INSANA
with your finances?

Who, then? Stosh would watch something like the
NFL Network, Spike, or whatever channel is showing "professional" wrestling.
Odessa would watch sensitive programs on Lifetime or Hallmark. Brandy... now
what channel would a little tomboy like her watch? ESPN, or sit with Stosh
watching WWE Raw?

This leaves Roxie, who has been from the start the brainiest of the bunch. I
never thought our little Buddhist would turn to programs of the material.
But then, she was fast asleep by the time Louie got home. Maybe all that
talk bored the heck out of her and she meditated herself to sleep. I hope. I
am scared now of what those kids can do with a remote, and hope they never,
EVER discover the concept of Pay-Per-View or I'll find some Jerry Springer
mess on my cable bill.

Maybe she'll make a stock market killing. That is, if she wasn't
watching Mr. INSANA. :P

Theresa
Old May 29th 05, 12:04 AM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

ROFL! I had an attorney once named Mr. Monypenny. Is that apt or what?
Actually he was very nice, didn't charge me an arm and a leg for his
services but the name always made me chuckle. There used to be an insurance
agent in town who would advertise on the back of the benches at bus-stops
(it was 30 years ago) and his name was George I. Hurt. We used to laugh our
behinds off. "George! I HURT!" Didn't take much to amuse us teenagers.
There was no such thing as a Game-Boy back then.

Jill

Theresa

Old May 29th 05, 01:24 AM
Sam Nash

"Singh" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe you should start Roxie an investment account. You might be able to
retire soon.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe