Mama's Hat

Old March 15th 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Mama's Hat

Yowie wrote:

I know that tune, I used to play a clapping game with it when at 'infant'
school (ie, between the ages of 5 and 8)

'My boyfriend gave me an apple, my boyfriend gavbe me a pear, my boyfriend
gave me a kiss on the lips and threw me down the stair-air-airs. I gave him
back the apple, I gave him back the pair, I gave him back the kiss on the
lips and threw him down the stair-air-airs'.

Sounds like that couple needs couples counseling.

But did the tune go like this:
http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...hinas_song.mp3

I'm still trying to identify the song that tune went with.

Joyce

--
Basically, I feel like the food industry is making us fat so the diet
industry can make us thin. -- Janet
Old March 16th 10, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Mar 15, 4:57*pm, "Yowie" wrote:

Miss Lucy had a baby,
She named him Tiny Tim,
She put him in the bathtub,
To see if he could swim.

Look up a wonderful book called "Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts" by Josepha
Sherman. this wonder anthropologist put together a compendium of
children's "subversive" rhymes, and this Miss Lucy piece is in there
along with with such classics as "Johnny Had a Steamboat" and all the
morbid variations of the Barney the Dinosaur theme ("I love you, you
love me, let's hang Barney from a tree..." Kids can be warped.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old March 16th 10, 08:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message

Yowie wrote:

I know that tune, I used to play a clapping game with it when at
'infant' school (ie, between the ages of 5 and 8)

'My boyfriend gave me an apple, my boyfriend gavbe me a pear, my
boyfriend gave me a kiss on the lips and threw me down the
stair-air-airs. I gave him back the apple, I gave him back the pair,
I gave him back the kiss on the lips and threw him down the
stair-air-airs'.

Sounds like that couple needs couples counseling.

But did the tune go like this:
http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...hinas_song.mp3

Yes!

So does the "Lucy had a baby, she called it Tiny Tim" clapping song. I think
that tune has been used so much in vaudville humour (I can see canes
tapping, boater hats wagging, eybrows wiggling and cigars that aren't
smoked) that it has many many different lyrics.

I can almost remember a very lewd set of lyrics to the same tune, but for
the life of me can't get them from my brain to the keyboard.

I'm still trying to identify the song that tune went with.

Might be an everyone-knows-the-tune-noone-knows-the-name type tunes :-)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old March 16th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Mar 16, 3:29*pm, hopitus wrote:

It is never too late to play freidel. When I did it the rewards were
chocolate coins in gold wrapping. I dunno what other folks use
for "gelt" but IMO chocolate can't be beat.
Play it with DH. The cats may attack your dreidel but the chocolate
is safe from their interest.-

I'd love to see the destruction they'd release upon the innocent
dreidel! Stosh loves to hunt a you-yo in mid-yo. I've seen them go
after dice as well. This could be the newest interactive playtime in
our multi-cultural home!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old March 16th 10, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

wrote in message

'My boyfriend gave me an apple, my boyfriend gavbe me a pear, my
boyfriend gave me a kiss on the lips and threw me down the
stair-air-airs. I gave him back the apple, I gave him back the pair,
I gave him back the kiss on the lips and threw him down the
stair-air-airs'.

Sounds like that couple needs couples counseling.

But did the tune go like this:
http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...hinas_song.mp3

Yes!

So does the "Lucy had a baby, she called it Tiny Tim" clapping song. I think
that tune has been used so much in vaudville humour (I can see canes
tapping, boater hats wagging, eybrows wiggling and cigars that aren't
smoked) that it has many many different lyrics.

Ah, and that ends with "shave and a haircut - two bits"?

Might be an everyone-knows-the-tune-noone-knows-the-name type tunes :-)

That's quite possible...

Joyce

--
What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
Old March 16th 10, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

hopitus wrote:

On Mar 15, 10:39?am, BfloPolska wrote:
On Mar 12, 6:06?pm, Joe Dee wrote: On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:08:56 -0500, wrote
(in article ):

PS - I can just hear the tune this ditty goes to, but I can't remember
the name of the song, if I ever even knew it.

I have a little dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

Oy, I'll have this in my head for quite some time! It's ironic that
such an admirer of Jewish culture as I, have never played dreidel nor
sung that cute little song. I have, however heard it many times on one
of the other cultural avenues I deeply admire, "South Park."

Blessed be,
Baha
OY!!!

It is never too late to play freidel. When I did it the rewards were
chocolate coins in gold wrapping. I dunno what other folks use
for "gelt" but IMO chocolate can't be beat.

As a dissenting view, I have to say that the chocolate used in
"Chanukah gelt" is just about the worst chocolate I've ever eaten.
I hate that stuff! And I'm a chocoholic with pretty cheap taste
(eg, I love Hershey's), so it's not out of snobbery that I reject
the Chanukah gelt. It's just weird-tasting stuff.

Play it with DH. The cats may attack your dreidel but the chocolate
is safe from their interest.

I wish I could say that was true of my cats - if I eat a chocolate
cookie, Roxy is very interested, and I have to be pretty careful not
to let her get a piece of it!

--
What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher

Tap tap tappin' on Mama's Nose jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 February 9th 09 06:49 PM
Mama's Muscleman Marina Cat anecdotes 1 August 23rd 06 06:26 AM
Mama's worried [email protected] Cat anecdotes 9 June 16th 06 10:34 PM
Mama's little helpers Singh Cat anecdotes 0 July 27th 05 05:25 AM
Mama's couch potatoes Singh Cat anecdotes 4 May 29th 05 01:24 AM