Mama's Hat

Old March 12th 10, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default Mama's Hat

I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

Blessed be
Baha
Old March 12th 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

BfloPolska wrote:

I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

Oh, how cute! I'm jealous - I want a purring hat! Mom, why can't I
have a purring hat??

Joyce

PS - I can just hear the tune this ditty goes to, but I can't remember
the name of the song, if I ever even knew it.

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it.
Old March 12th 10, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla \=^..^=\

"BfloPolska"
I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

Blessed be
Baha

Awwwww, how sweet..
I just love that.
Love
Kyla

Old March 13th 10, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MLB wrote:

wrote:

No, I was thinking of a different song, more like this:

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...hinas_song.mp3
(Please excuse 2-3 seconds of silence at the beginning.)

Robert Lewis Stevenson's poem

I have a little shadow that goes round and round with me
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anybody know thw rest? MLB

That's a song?

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old March 13th 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

BfloPolska wrote:
I have a little white thing
And China is her name
And when I go to bed at night
She plays a little game.

When I lay my head to rest
My little China cat
Winds herself around my head
And makes a purring hat.

Oh, I miss my purring Frankie-hat each and every evening!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 13th 10, 09:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"MLB" wrote in message

Robert Lewis Stevenson's poem

I have a little shadow that goes round and round with me
And what can be the use of him is more than I can
see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anybody know the rest?

I didn't 'know' the rest, but Google was my friend:

My Shadow
by Robert Louis Stevenson

I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.

The funniest thing about him is the way he likes to grow-
Not at all like proper children, which is always very slow;
For he sometimes shoots up taller like an India-rubber ball,
And he sometimes gets so little that there's none of him at all.

He hasn't got a notion of how children ought to play,
And can only make a fool of me in every sort of way.
He stays so close beside me, he's a coward you can see;
I'd think shame to stick to nursie as that shadow sticks to me!

One morning, very early, before the sun was up,
I rose and found the shining dew on every buttercup;
But my lazy little shadow, like an errant sleepy-head,
Had stayed at home behind me and was fast asleep in bed.

One of the Google links also led to this:

http://craftinsomniac.typepad.com/cr.../08/boots.html
:-)

--
MatSav

Old March 13th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

MatSav wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the post. I remembered it from long ago as a song
(sing-song?) but I was apparently wrong. Your backyard cat is a beauty
as is what I can see of your daughter. Best wishes. MLB

Tap tap tappin' on Mama's Nose jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 February 9th 09 06:49 PM
Mama's Muscleman Marina Cat anecdotes 1 August 23rd 06 06:26 AM
Mama's worried [email protected] Cat anecdotes 9 June 16th 06 10:34 PM
Mama's little helpers Singh Cat anecdotes 0 July 27th 05 05:25 AM
Mama's couch potatoes Singh Cat anecdotes 4 May 29th 05 01:24 AM