Goofy Shamrock

Old August 3rd 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default Goofy Shamrock

I maintain that this cat has something wrong with him. My mom came over
tonight for dinner and she's starting to become afraid of him. She's
noticed the last several times that she's been here that he over-stimulates
easily and she can't see it coming as easily as I do because I live with
him. So I told her not to pet and pet him like he wants because that's what
gets him going. But of course, he's an in-your-face cat and it's hard to not
pet him. So she let him rub against her feet but didn't pet him. Then the
little stinker pulled a bandaid off of her toe and ran with it.

--
Cheryl

Old August 3rd 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 2, 9:26*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
I maintain that this cat has something wrong with him. *My mom came over
tonight for dinner and she's starting to become afraid of him. *She's
noticed the last several times that she's been here that he over-stimulates
easily and she can't see it coming as easily as I do because I live with
him. *So I told her not to pet and pet him like he wants because that's what
gets him going. But of course, he's an in-your-face cat and it's hard to not
pet him. So she let him rub against her feet but didn't pet him. *Then the
little stinker pulled a bandaid off of her toe and ran with it.

--
Cheryl

LOL at the bandaid!
Has he always been like that? Overstimulated easily? He sounds just
like Bosley. I'd honestly have to put him up if I had kids over. He
acts like he *wants* to be petted, but unexpectedly, he lashes out
growling, hissing and biting. He drew blood on DS the other day.
He'll also do this to me, but i can "read" him better than anyone, and
know when to walk away from him.

Sherry

Old August 3rd 09, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

TVV gets this way but it is pretty easy for warning signs because his tail
goes crazy first, not sure why he is this way, but he is, Lee

Old August 3rd 09, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl wrote:

I maintain that this cat has something wrong with him. My mom came over
tonight for dinner and she's starting to become afraid of him. She's
noticed the last several times that she's been here that he over-stimulates
easily and she can't see it coming as easily as I do because I live with
him. So I told her not to pet and pet him like he wants because that's what
gets him going. But of course, he's an in-your-face cat and it's hard to not
pet him. So she let him rub against her feet but didn't pet him. Then the
little stinker pulled a bandaid off of her toe and ran with it.

What a character! I hope your mom was able to see the humor in it.

Joyce

--
The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
Old August 3rd 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I maintain that this cat has something wrong with him. My mom came over
tonight for dinner and she's starting to become afraid of him. She's
noticed the last several times that she's been here that he over-stimulates
easily and she can't see it coming as easily as I do because I live with
him. So I told her not to pet and pet him like he wants because that's
what gets him going. But of course, he's an in-your-face cat and it's hard
to not pet him. So she let him rub against her feet but didn't pet him.
Then the little stinker pulled a bandaid off of her toe and ran with it.

--
Cheryl

Little Stinker indeed. I'm very glad to hear something about Shamrock, I'm
very fond of him. Dante gets a little carried away with petting too-- he's
very playful, and he starts playing easily, but his idea of playing is
play-fighting and whapping. He acts just as if a petting session was one of
those "groom groom groom, FIGHT! groom groom groom" sessions with another
cat.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old August 3rd 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Cheryl" wrote:
I maintain that this cat has something wrong with him. My mom came over
tonight for dinner and she's starting to become afraid of him. She's
noticed the last several times that she's been here that he over-stimulates
easily and she can't see it coming as easily as I do because I live with
him. So I told her not to pet and pet him like he wants because that's what
gets him going. But of course, he's an in-your-face cat and it's hard to not
pet him. So she let him rub against her feet but didn't pet him. Then the
little stinker pulled a bandaid off of her toe and ran with it.

He certainly is an amusicat.

I've been curious about the phenomenon of over-stimulation, and I
thought that with Buster, I've finally got to experience it first
hand. But this still sounds different from what I've seen, so I
wonder if it's the same thing.

Buster, you see, slooowly becomes insane as you spank him. If you
offer him your hand, he'll sniff it. If you spank him twice and offer
your hand, he'll nosekiss it. If you spank him five times, he'll lick
it. If you spank him ten times, he'll mouth it. If you spank him
twenty times, he'll snap at your hand. If you spank him thirty times,
he'll bite your hand, then either run off, or bunny-kick it.

But he never draws blood - so I wonder if that qualifies as
overstimulation?
Old August 3rd 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Cheryl" wrote:
[...]

Sort of. A cat that is easily over stimulated goes to bite and
bunny kick on even very brief gently tummy rubs. Then comes back
looking for more tummy rubs.

Jo

Old August 4th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"Sherry" wrote in message

LOL at the bandaid!
Has he always been like that? Overstimulated easily? He sounds just
like Bosley. I'd honestly have to put him up if I had kids over. He
acts like he *wants* to be petted, but unexpectedly, he lashes out
growling, hissing and biting. He drew blood on DS the other day.
He'll also do this to me, but i can "read" him better than anyone, and
know when to walk away from him.

He has always been like this. Back when I first got him and was getting
used to him, I had to carry a laser pointer to divert him away from me
because sometimes he'd attack my legs if I walked by him. It was scary.
Shamrock does the same "wants to be petted" act but he's turning more into a
biter these days. One pet and he bites.