Goofy Shamrock

Old August 4th 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default Goofy Shamrock

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I maintain that this cat has something wrong with him. My mom came over
tonight for dinner and she's starting to become afraid of him. She's
noticed the last several times that she's been here that he
over-stimulates easily and she can't see it coming as easily as I do
because I live with him. So I told her not to pet and pet him like he
wants because that's what gets him going. But of course, he's an
in-your-face cat and it's hard to not pet him. So she let him rub against
her feet but didn't pet him. Then the little stinker pulled a bandaid off
of her toe and ran with it.

--
Cheryl

Little Stinker indeed. I'm very glad to hear something about Shamrock,
I'm very fond of him. Dante gets a little carried away with petting too--
he's very playful, and he starts playing easily, but his idea of playing
is play-fighting and whapping. He acts just as if a petting session was
one of those "groom groom groom, FIGHT! groom groom groom" sessions with
another cat.

Theresa, like you, I was fond of Stinky too, because he looked just like
Shamrock, sans the 'stash. No matter how he acts, his endearing qualities
overcome his ****head acts.

Old August 4th 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Cheryl" wrote:
I maintain that this cat has something wrong with him. My mom came over
tonight for dinner and she's starting to become afraid of him. She's
noticed the last several times that she's been here that he
over-stimulates
easily and she can't see it coming as easily as I do because I live with
him. So I told her not to pet and pet him like he wants because that's
what
gets him going. But of course, he's an in-your-face cat and it's hard to
not
pet him. So she let him rub against her feet but didn't pet him. Then the
little stinker pulled a bandaid off of her toe and ran with it.

He certainly is an amusicat.

I've been curious about the phenomenon of over-stimulation, and I
thought that with Buster, I've finally got to experience it first
hand. But this still sounds different from what I've seen, so I
wonder if it's the same thing.

Buster, you see, slooowly becomes insane as you spank him. If you
offer him your hand, he'll sniff it. If you spank him twice and offer
your hand, he'll nosekiss it. If you spank him five times, he'll lick
it. If you spank him ten times, he'll mouth it. If you spank him
twenty times, he'll snap at your hand. If you spank him thirty times,
he'll bite your hand, then either run off, or bunny-kick it.

But he never draws blood - so I wonder if that qualifies as
overstimulation?

Buster can count!!!!

Old August 4th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 3, 1:15*pm, Takayuki wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote:
[...]

If I did that to Bosley, he would rip my head off. Seriously.

It sounds like Buster likes the game, but lets you know when he's
finished playing in a gentle way. Kind of the same thing as
overstimulation, but he's nicer about it. He sounds like quite a
character.
I don't know what Bosley's deal is. He's a huge cat, and
strong, and could really hurt someone. He's much better than
he was when he was younger.
Sherry
Old August 16th 09, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Cheryl wrote:

"Sherry" wrote in message

LOL at the bandaid!
Has he always been like that? Overstimulated easily? He sounds just
like Bosley. I'd honestly have to put him up if I had kids over. He
acts like he *wants* to be petted, but unexpectedly, he lashes out
growling, hissing and biting. He drew blood on DS the other day.
He'll also do this to me, but i can "read" him better than anyone, and
know when to walk away from him.

========================

He has always been like this. Back when I first got him and was getting
used to him, I had to carry a laser pointer to divert him away from me
because sometimes he'd attack my legs if I walked by him. It was scary.
Shamrock does the same "wants to be petted" act but he's turning more
into a biter these days. One pet and he bites.

TuTu went through a period when she got over stimulated then would
attack. If I remember correctly, a female cat will turn and attack the
male after mating -- so I suppose petting to excess can cause the same
reaction in a cat. When she comes for petting now, I make sure it is
for only short periods. The last time she did it, I threatened her with
extinction if it ever happened again. Best wishes. MLB
Old August 16th 09, 10:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

mathew Harold had an epsiode of time where he attacked my leg, it was so
visicous that i really thought he was having a ceizure, but then two weeks
later during the regular morning routine he attacked DH in the same wy...
the vet and i had already discussed putting him down if it happened again,
when i called and made the apt, she called back and said i hade to wait ten
days because of state laws, so fine, then DH made me call back and ask about
snipping him, we had not had him that long and were working on other health
issues so snipping hadn't occurred yet, she gave us odds on what snipping
would do and we had it done, he has not "attacked" since, but we have
learned from watching him carefully that he had no clue how to play and is
not well socailized with humans or the other cats... he plays with claws out
for exmple, doesn't know when to stop and similar... Chester the embasador
is teaching him... its quite odd, Chester loves everybody and everything...
when playing with the others he is generally quite letting the other cat
vocalize... but with MH he keeps up a running commentary like one of those
exerise vidios,... "NO dud" "put your claws in" yep that is it" " bunny kick
then runrunrun",

Lee