Cat at vet clinic knows when other cats are sick

Old August 22nd 10, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Cat at vet clinic knows when other cats are sick

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

An orange tabby cat that was found injured now lives at a vet clinic,
and 'tells' the staff when other cats and kittens are sick and need
help!

This is a GREAT story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100821-0, 08/21/2010
Tested on: 8/21/2010 6:41:49 PM

Old August 22nd 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)" wrote in message

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

An orange tabby cat that was found injured now lives at a vet clinic,
and 'tells' the staff when other cats and kittens are sick and need
help!

This is a GREAT story!

I'd love to read it but it redirects to an https page that says "done" but
is just a blank screen. Tried both IE and Firefox.

Old August 22nd 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:47:08 -0400, Cheryl wrote:

"ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)" wrote in message

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

An orange tabby cat that was found injured now lives at a vet clinic,
and 'tells' the staff when other cats and kittens are sick and need
help!

This is a GREAT story!

I'd love to read it but it redirects to an https page that says "done"
but is just a blank screen. Tried both IE and Firefox.

This URL works:
http://www.mercurynews.com/pets-anim...ce=most_viewed

so does

http://www.mercurynews.com/pets-anim...nclick_check=1

I suspect the story got moved off the breaking news page to the pets page
and *somebody* didn't observe the web rule that URLs aren't supposed to
change, at least not quickly. Nothing prevented them from assigning a
permanent URL to the story and simply adding the link in one place while
removing it from another ... nothing except a lack of sensitivity to
their users and simple courtesy.

--
Ted Davis )
Old August 22nd 10, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

wrote:

"ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)" wrote in message

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

An orange tabby cat that was found injured now lives at a vet clinic,
and 'tells' the staff when other cats and kittens are sick and need
help!

This is a GREAT story!

I'd love to read it but it redirects to an https page that says "done" but
is just a blank screen. Tried both IE and Firefox.

I checked the URL, and it works in Firefox, and Opera:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

I have also found some links to news stories that won't work for me, and
I've never found out why.

Did you copy the whole link, and paste it into your browser, rather than
just click on it? Stupid question, but it works sometimes for me.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100821-0, 08/21/2010
Tested on: 8/21/2010 7:17:20 PM

Old August 22nd 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gandalf wrote:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

An orange tabby cat that was found injured now lives at a vet clinic,
and 'tells' the staff when other cats and kittens are sick and need
help!

This is a GREAT story!

I love how he helps with socializing ferals. He's a great asset to the
clinic! Which is pretty near to where I work, btw. Maybe I'll go visit
him.

Joyce

--
I don't know that I will ever trust again
It's a price I must pay for all my sins
Old August 22nd 10, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:47:08 -0400, Cheryl wrote:

This URL works:
http://www.mercurynews.com/pets-anim...ce=most_viewed

Thank you! It was a good story. What a great cat.

Old August 22nd 10, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)" wrote in message

Did you copy the whole link, and paste it into your browser, rather than
just click on it? Stupid question, but it works sometimes for me.

When I click the link, this is the address in my browser:
https://secure.passport.mnginteracti...=1&forced=true

Maybe I'm infected or something.

Old August 22nd 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

wrote in message
Gandalf wrote:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

An orange tabby cat that was found injured now lives at a vet clinic,
and 'tells' the staff when other cats and kittens are sick and need
help!

This is a GREAT story!

I love how he helps with socializing ferals. He's a great asset to the
clinic! Which is pretty near to where I work, btw. Maybe I'll go visit
him.

That time the link worked. I don't get it.

Old August 22nd 10, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Snokey

"Cheryl" wrote in message
wrote in message
Gandalf wrote:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

An orange tabby cat that was found injured now lives at a vet clinic,
and 'tells' the staff when other cats and kittens are sick and need
help!

This is a GREAT story!

I love how he helps with socializing ferals. He's a great asset to the
clinic! Which is pretty near to where I work, btw. Maybe I'll go visit
him.

That time the link worked. I don't get it.

same happened here. weird.

Old August 25th 10, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
Gandalf wrote:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

An orange tabby cat that was found injured now lives at a vet clinic,
and 'tells' the staff when other cats and kittens are sick and need
help!

This is a GREAT story!

I love how he helps with socializing ferals. He's a great asset to the
clinic! Which is pretty near to where I work, btw. Maybe I'll go visit
him.

That time the link worked. I don't get it.

Maybe the server was down for maintenance or having problems when you
clicked on it the first time. It happens

Jill