Is it Holly, or is it a pillow?

Old February 13th 13, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Is it Holly, or is it a pillow?

Poor little Holly! I was talking to my aunt on the telephone and wandered
in to the living room while we were talking. Holly is black, and the chair
is dark--so I sat down without seeing that she was curled up in it. I sat
*fully* onto her! It's a good thing it is a big overstuffed chair and not a
hard chair, so she was not hurt. She surely was startled, and so was I when
I felt her wriggle beneath me. I felt terrible when she extricated herself,
but she wasn't hurt and wasn't even frightened. She immediately climbed up
onto the arm of the chair beside me, so I guess I was immediately forgiven.
I'm going to have to be much more careful in the future. My poor little
girl has been through enough lately without having to to put up with what
must have felt like a hippo on top of a tiny pillow.

MaryL

Old February 13th 13, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"MaryL" wrote:
Poor little Holly! I was talking to my aunt on the telephone and
wandered in to the living room while we were talking. Holly is black,
and the chair is dark--so I sat down without seeing that she was curled
up in it. I sat *fully* onto her! It's a good thing it is a big
overstuffed chair and not a hard chair, so she was not hurt. She surely
was startled, and so was I when I felt her wriggle beneath me. I felt
terrible when she extricated herself, but she wasn't hurt and wasn't even
frightened. She immediately climbed up onto the arm of the chair beside
me, so I guess I was immediately forgiven. I'm going to have to be much
more careful in the future. My poor little girl has been through enough
lately without having to to put up with what must have felt like a hippo
on top of a tiny pillow.

MaryL

Poor Holly. It is amazing how tough they are.
--
Adrian
Old February 13th 13, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:19:09 -0600, MaryL wrote:

Poor little Holly! I was talking to my aunt on the telephone and wandered
in to the living room while we were talking. Holly is black, and the chair
is dark--so I sat down without seeing that she was curled up in it. I sat
*fully* onto her! It's a good thing it is a big overstuffed chair and not a
hard chair, so she was not hurt. She surely was startled, and so was I when
I felt her wriggle beneath me. I felt terrible when she extricated herself,
but she wasn't hurt and wasn't even frightened. She immediately climbed up
onto the arm of the chair beside me, so I guess I was immediately forgiven.
I'm going to have to be much more careful in the future. My poor little
girl has been through enough lately without having to to put up with what
must have felt like a hippo on top of a tiny pillow.

Mary

They do seem to blend into the scenery. With TuTu, it seems to be a game of "now you see her, now you dont".
TuTu is mixed tabby and white and I get fooled a lot of times with the invisible game. We are sending our best purrs for Holly to be\safe and happy -- Duffy also. MLB
Old February 14th 13, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/13/2013 4:26 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
I felt terrible when she extricated herself, but she wasn't hurt and
wasn't even frightened. She immediately climbed up onto the arm of the
chair beside me, so I guess I was immediately forgiven. I'm going to
have to be much more careful in the future. My poor little girl has
been through enough lately without having to to put up with what must
have felt like a hippo on top of a tiny pillow.
MaryL

Poor Holly. She knew you didn't mean to hurt her and saw her opportunity
for some fuss.

It does remind me of the time DH and myself were sitting on the three
seater sofa with a dark brown cushion on the seat beside me. It must have
been in my way for some reason and I picked it up and threw it across the
room onto an armchair. DH was horrified as he saw it fly through the air.
He though it was Sweep (RB) who was a black cat. He thought I'd gone mad.

Judith

Oh dear! I'd have thought you'd gone mad, too!

I'm glad Holly forgave Mary.

Jill
Old February 14th 13, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Poor Holly. She knew you didn't mean to hurt her and saw her opportunity
for some fuss.

It does remind me of the time DH and myself were sitting on the three
seater sofa with a dark brown cushion on the seat beside me. It must have
been in my way for some reason and I picked it up and threw it across the
room onto an armchair. DH was horrified as he saw it fly through the air.
He though it was Sweep (RB) who was a black cat. He thought I'd gone mad.

Judith

Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

~~~~~~~~
That's hilarious, now that we know your target really was a pillow (unlike
mine).

MaryL

Old February 14th 13, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
Poor little Holly! I was talking to my aunt on the telephone and wandered
in to the living room while we were talking. Holly is black, and the
chair is dark--so I sat down without seeing that she was curled up in it.
I sat *fully* onto her! It's a good thing it is a big overstuffed chair
and not a hard chair, so she was not hurt. She surely was startled, and
so was I when I felt her wriggle beneath me. I felt terrible when she
extricated herself, but she wasn't hurt and wasn't even frightened. She
immediately climbed up onto the arm of the chair beside me, so I guess I
was immediately forgiven. I'm going to have to be much more careful in the
future. My poor little girl has been through enough lately without having
to to put up with what must have felt like a hippo on top of a tiny
pillow.

MaryL

I'm sure she'll forgive you. I accidently hit Boyfie on the head yesterday
as I put my plate down from eating a meal when he was just coming in. He
was shocked and went to run away but I said "Oh, I am so sorry, it was an
accident, oh my poor boy" in the kindest voice I could manage, so he decided
I was just clumsy and all is back to normal.
He will not allow me to sit on him - if he is sleeping on my chair, he gets
up if he thinks I am heading for it and he is on there.
He likes my chair but he knows it is not his. In the same way that he knows
he shouldn't get up on my worktops, which I have never said to him he
shouldn't, he "knows"
Tigger is always up on my brother's worktops in the kitchen and he doesn't
see why he shouldn't.
Boyfie does get on the worktops, secretly, but he jumps down when he hears
me coming and pretends "who, me?"

Old February 15th 13, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 2/13/2013 11:19 AM, MaryL wrote:
Poor little Holly! I was talking to my aunt on the telephone and
wandered in to the living room while we were talking. Holly is black,
and the chair is dark--so I sat down without seeing that she was curled
up in it. I sat *fully* onto her! It's a good thing it is a big
overstuffed chair and not a hard chair, so she was not hurt. She surely
was startled, and so was I when I felt her wriggle beneath me. I felt
terrible when she extricated herself, but she wasn't hurt and wasn't
even frightened. She immediately climbed up onto the arm of the chair
beside me, so I guess I was immediately forgiven. I'm going to have to
be much more careful in the future. My poor little girl has been
through enough lately without having to to put up with what must have
felt like a hippo on top of a tiny pillow.

MaryL

Awww. Shamrock has the habit of sitting on the arm of my couch when I'm
on the computer and it's a dark couch, his tail is black, and he wraps
it around himself on my side of the couch. If I try to use part of the
arm rest, he bites me! I can't see his tail there...

The fight for the Body Pillow Mischief[_2_] Cat anecdotes 15 September 26th 10 08:37 PM
Battle for the Pillow Mischief[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 December 11th 09 11:17 PM
I bought used pillow cases!! ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 October 21st 09 07:33 PM
Pic: mere pillow Marina Cat anecdotes 11 October 10th 06 09:37 PM
poop on my pillow.... Pat Cat anecdotes 4 March 10th 06 11:18 PM