Old March 29th 04, 10:04 AM
Yowie

Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

Da*n those things are good. A very kind friend transported them from the
closest KK - over 2 hours away. He went to the drive through and asked for
the "pregnant woman" pack. LOL!

So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from eatingmore until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Talk about heaven on a stick!

drool

Yowie

Old March 29th 04, 02:31 PM
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from eatingmore until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Bear in mind that one plain original glazed KK doughnut has 200
calories, of which 110 are from fat.
But that's nothing compared to the Chocolate Malted Kreme doughnut that
has 390 calories and 190 from fat!!!!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 29th 04, 03:01 PM
Mishi

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

Da*n those things are good. A very kind friend transported them from the
closest KK - over 2 hours away. He went to the drive through and asked for
the "pregnant woman" pack. LOL!

So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from eating more until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Talk about heaven on a stick!

drool

Yowie

Aren't they delicious? We had a KK store come to town just before Christmas,
and my hubby, Dave and I went there to get some for a New Years Eve party we
were going to. 2 dozen didn't last long!

Patti

Old March 29th 04, 04:17 PM
LAL

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
snip information not fit to be shared.
--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Now there is NO REASON to share that kind of information. I don't care how
true it is. Denial is a great place to visit some times!!
:-}

lal

Old March 29th 04, 08:39 PM
Yoj

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

Da*n those things are good. A very kind friend transported them from

the
closest KK - over 2 hours away. He went to the drive through and asked

for
the "pregnant woman" pack. LOL!

So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my

coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from eatingmore

until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Talk about heaven on a stick!

drool

I had heard about Krispy Kreme for ages. When I finally tasted a glazed
one, I thought it was good, but I wasn't especially impressed. About a
year later, I found that my local Albertson's supermarket has a case
with an assortment. I tried the cream filled, and I was hooked! For a
while, I found excuses to go to Albertson's two or three times a week,
each time picking up two of the cream filled donuts, which I went home
and immediately devoured. Finally I started looking at the scales. Now
I limit my visits to one a week. I pick up three cream filled, but I
eat only one a day. It isn't good, but it's an improvement. ;-) It
really takes willpower to eat only one in a day, to stay away from the
store most of the time, and to buy only three when I am there. ;-)

Joy

Old March 29th 04, 09:08 PM
Marion

"Yowie" wrote in message . au...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

When I read those calorie stats, I feel blessed that
I was raised on good ol' Canadian Tim Horton doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme has opened several stores up here (Toronto),
and I've tried them a couple of times, but I can't stand
them -- they're so SWEET! Just thinking of them sets my
teeth on edge.

There is something about them, though .... even though
I knew that I couldn't stand them, when I saw a rack of
the boxes while I was standing in the checkout line of
a supermarket, I couldn't resist. The first one was,
well, nice consistency but sweet; the second was SWEET!!!;
the third to the nth were a duty 'cos I couldn't throw
them out.
D'you think they put something addictive in them?

Marion
Old March 29th 04, 09:22 PM
Yoj

"Marion" wrote in message
om...
"Yowie" wrote in message

. au...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

When I read those calorie stats, I feel blessed that
I was raised on good ol' Canadian Tim Horton doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme has opened several stores up here (Toronto),
and I've tried them a couple of times, but I can't stand
them -- they're so SWEET! Just thinking of them sets my
teeth on edge.

There is something about them, though .... even though
I knew that I couldn't stand them, when I saw a rack of
the boxes while I was standing in the checkout line of
a supermarket, I couldn't resist. The first one was,
well, nice consistency but sweet; the second was SWEET!!!;
the third to the nth were a duty 'cos I couldn't throw
them out.
D'you think they put something addictive in them?

Marion

Considering the way I feel about them, I think they must! G

Joy

Old March 29th 04, 10:49 PM
Bev

Yoj wrote:

"Marion" wrote in message
om...
"Yowie" wrote in message

. au...
[...]

I have never even heard of these delicacies! That's not to say they are
not around. I will have to look around in the big supermarkets.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old March 29th 04, 11:25 PM
Yoj

"Bev" wrote in message
Yoj wrote:

"Marion" wrote in message
om...
"Yowie" wrote in message

. au...
[...]

They are not to be found everywhere. Up until a couple of years ago, I
don't think there was any Krispy Kreme in Southern California. I heard
when they opened one about 30 miles from me, and read that there were
long lines of people waiting to get in. Then one day, I noticed that
Albertson's had them. We have two stores from that chain in my town,
and both have the donuts, so if you have an Albertson's near you, I'd
check there first.

OTOH, you may be better off if you never discover their deliciousness.

Joy

Old March 30th 04, 03:10 AM
Yowie

"Yoj" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Bev" wrote in message
Yoj wrote:

"Marion" wrote in message
om...
"Yowie" wrote in message
. au...
[...]

I odn't know what hteir marketing strategy will be in NZ, but here they are
their own franchise (like McDonalds) and wouldn't be selling their donuts to
any other store for re-sale.

AFAIK, there are currently only 2 Krispy Kreme stores in Australia, although
I'm sure they'll sprout up every where like Starbucks did. I don't mind
Starbucks, but much prefer Gloria Jean coffee.

Yowie