2 Cats Daily Dry-Food twice-a-day's amounts?

Old July 27th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mystro

Default 2 Cats Daily Dry-Food twice-a-day's amounts?

My two house-mates (Pete and Fred) gained too much when I tried using
one of those feeders they seem to be nibbling all day long so I
decided to purchase a seven-day auto feeder a few months ago, set to
open twice a day at 6am and 5pm with heaping 1/3 of a cup serving at
each serving, they've lost some much needed weight but now I'm
concerned I'm not giving them enough to maintain a good heathy weight
especially since they are purely house cats but they usually clean the
serving dish between feedings- but not always. They have always ate
Chicken Soup for the Cat but I recently switched to the Lite version
and both have always seemed to have thrived on CSFTCLS with beautiful
clear eyes, shiny coats, clean and gums and very playful.

The bag instructions as usual are vague but better then most
companies..they recommend 1/3 to 2/3's of a cup "per day per cat", if
I go by that and I'm only feding them 2/3's total am I slowly starving
my boys--I'd rather they be fat and lazy then to hurt them in any way--
I'm concerned.

Pete and Fred are currently at 9-10 pounds @ 2 1/2 yo they seem to be
getting close to ideal for their bigger size.
Old July 27th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

If you really want your cats to be healthy, don't be so lazy and feed
them a good quality canned food twice a day. If you continue to feed
them dry you are asking for urinary problems in the future.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old July 27th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mystro

On Jul 27, 1:04*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
If you really want your cats to be healthy, don't be so lazy and feed
them a good quality canned food twice a day. * * * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

You started out calling me lazy
Then tried to change the diet
but I had requested help for dry food?

..is that typical of someone living on a little mole hill @1580 feet
in NH?

BTW, many years ago in this very group I'd read what seems like
thousand's of articles on this dry vs canned..I desided to go with
high quality rich dry food. If your so set on your *assumptions..start
another threat listing totally unbiased results favoring both
and let us me the desisions or are you too lazy?

columbia river 430 ft in wa,st
Old July 27th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"mystro" wrote in message
[...]

Get them off dry and you won't believe the difference in their eyes, coat,
and behavior. The only reason to feed dry is because you value convenience
and economy over your cats' health.

Old July 27th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mystro

On Jul 27, 3:09*pm, "blkcatgal" wrote:
Not to mention that dry food has way more calories than canned food.

S.

Some do and some don't..it way too much of a generalization. I didn't
ask my question to open a discussion on
dry vs can it's been done adnausium..I'm was simply asking for help
from people who don't have an agenda...sorry

From those who are interested here's a link of ingredients

http://www.chickensoupforthepetlover...s/ingredients/

Old July 27th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"mystro" wrote in message
On Jul 27, 3:09 pm, "blkcatgal" wrote:
Not to mention that dry food has way more calories than canned food.

S.

Some do and some don't..it way too much of a generalization. I didn't
ask my question to open a discussion on
dry vs can it's been done adnausium..I'm was simply asking for help
from people who don't have an agenda...sorry

The agenda for cat lovers is the welfare of the cat. You can't even be
bothered to dump dry into a dish twice a day, so my advice to you is to give
them to someone who gives a ****.

Old July 27th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"mystro" wrote in message
On Jul 27, 1:04 pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
If you really want your cats to be healthy, don't be so lazy and feed
them a good quality canned food twice a day. ---MIKE---In the White
Mountains of New Hampshire

(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

You started out calling me lazy
Then tried to change the diet
but I had requested help for dry food?

I would love to see someone help your cats out of your household. You're a
flaming ****ing cat-abusing moron.

Buh bye.

Old July 27th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
If you really want your cats to be healthy, don't be so lazy and feed
them a good quality canned food twice a day. If you continue to feed
them dry you are asking for urinary problems in the future.

I killfiled the ****head. Can you imagine anyone so goddamned lazy they
cannot dump DRY food into a bowl? Jesus. The poor cats.

Old July 28th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"cybercat" wrote

Can you imagine anyone so goddamned lazy they cannot dump DRY food into a
bowl? Jesus. The poor cats.

Well, I have dryfeed munchies here and sometimes I forget to refill the
bowl. Keep in mind Daisy has wet food twice a day so this is a small side
noshe with eukanaba dry. I keep a 1/4 or so cup in there and it normally
takes her about 4 days to eat that up. A sort of 'munchies' attack like we
might get.