OT - Mousie misery

Old July 20th 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default OT - Mousie misery

I think I will have to have one of my Lisas euthanized. She has a lame paw
and I don't know how it happened, definitely not a fall outside of the tank
but maybe the wheel. I use the solid plastic ones and now I read they can be
just as dangerous as the mesh or wire ones. Who knew? Any way, she is
separated from her Lisa sisters in a smaller tank with nothing to get hurt
on and no one to bug her and her food in shallow dish and water bottle easy
to reach. Until I can call TED tomorrow and see if she thinks she should be
euthanized. Everything I read about injured feet in mice say either
amputation or euthanization.

--
Cheryl

Old July 20th 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Cheryl"
I think I will have to have one of my Lisas euthanized. She has a lame paw
and I don't know how it happened, definitely not a fall outside of the tank
but maybe the wheel. I use the solid plastic ones and now I read they can
be just as dangerous as the mesh or wire ones. Who knew? Any way, she is
separated from her Lisa sisters in a smaller tank with nothing to get hurt
on and no one to bug her and her food in shallow dish and water bottle easy
to reach. Until I can call TED tomorrow and see if she thinks she should be
euthanized. Everything I read about injured feet in mice say either
amputation or euthanization.

--
Cheryl

I'm so sorry Cheryl Maybe she won't have to be euthanized., but you are
prepared to do what's best for the poor little mousie. Bless her little
heart And yours.
Love
Kyla & Mosey

Old July 20th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 19, 7:30*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
I think I will have to have one of my Lisas euthanized. *She has a lame paw
and I don't know how it happened, definitely not a fall outside of the tank
but maybe the wheel. I use the solid plastic ones and now I read they can be
just as dangerous as the mesh or wire ones. Who knew? *Any way, she is
separated from her Lisa sisters in a smaller tank with nothing to get hurt
on and no one to bug her and her food in shallow dish and water bottle easy
to reach. Until I can call TED tomorrow and see if she thinks she should be
euthanized. *Everything I read about injured feet in mice say either
amputation or euthanization.

I'm no mosuie expert but the choice between foot amputation and
euthenasia in d*gs and cats is an easy one. I've met many cats and
d*gs who were missing a foot and got along fine. I once failed to mind
my own business when a young vet was telling a couple that they "might
as well have him put away because otherwise he will be miserable on
three legs" about their little d*g. They used to bring their merry
little d*g into my store every few weeks to thank me for saying
something. He lived nine years on three legs with apparent pleasure.

--
Will in New Haven
Old July 20th 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Will in New Haven" wrote in
message
On Jul 19, 7:30 pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
[...]

******************

Many dogs do so well on three legs that you have to look twice to
even notice there are only three paws.

Jo

Old July 20th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:
"Will in New Haven" wrote in
message
On Jul 19, 7:30 pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
[...]

I once met a cat with three legs, I couldn't tell when I first saw him
because he was chasing a moth at the time. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 21st 09, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Unfortunately with mice, you have to find a specialized vet to even do the
amputation, and the vet has to be experienced with pain management for a
being so small. My vet is not experienced with mice and rather than try to
find one who is so quickly, and let this girl suffer, the only humane thing
is to let her go. I already learned from my vet that she doesn't even know
how to treat mites properly and she may have contributed to the death of one
of my first mice.

If I decide to keep keeping mice I will have to find a more specialized vet
for them for cases like this.

She's at peace now.

Cheryl

Old July 21st 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On Jul 19, 7:30 pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
[...]

Joel's brother's dog has only 3 legs from the result of a car accident.
Appranlty getting along without a back one is easier than getting along
without a front one (Jess is missing a front one) but she can still
everything a doggy needs to do. The only thing they have to keep in mind is
that because it takes more effort to walk with 3 legs than 4, that her
walkies ought to be kept shorter than when she had 4 legs. Of course, Jess
has an entirely different point of view about that!

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old July 21st 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Candace

On Jul 20, 5:17*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
Unfortunately with mice, you have to find a specialized vet to even do the
amputation, and the vet has to be experienced with pain management for a
being so small. *My vet is not experienced with mice and rather than try to
find one who is so quickly, and let this girl suffer, the only humane thing
is to let her go. *I already learned from my vet that she doesn't even know
how to treat mites properly and she may have contributed to the death of one
of my first mice.

If I decide to keep keeping mice I will have to find a more specialized vet
for them for cases like this.

She's at peace now.

Cheryl *

I'm sorry Cheryl, it sounds too heartbreaking.

Candace
Old July 21st 09, 11:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 19:30:44 -0400, "Cheryl"
wrote:

I think I will have to have one of my Lisas euthanized. She has a lame paw
and I don't know how it happened, definitely not a fall outside of the tank
but maybe the wheel. I use the solid plastic ones and now I read they can be
just as dangerous as the mesh or wire ones. Who knew? Any way, she is
separated from her Lisa sisters in a smaller tank with nothing to get hurt
on and no one to bug her and her food in shallow dish and water bottle easy
to reach. Until I can call TED tomorrow and see if she thinks she should be
euthanized. Everything I read about injured feet in mice say either
amputation or euthanization.

ah, so sorry to hear this. Purrs that TED comes up with a treatment.
If not, purrs for a gentle journey to the bridge
Old July 21st 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 20, 8:17*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
Unfortunately with mice, you have to find a specialized vet to even do the
amputation, and the vet has to be experienced with pain management for a
being so small. *My vet is not experienced with mice and rather than try to
find one who is so quickly, and let this girl suffer, the only humane thing
is to let her go. *I already learned from my vet that she doesn't even know
how to treat mites properly and she may have contributed to the death of one
of my first mice.

If I decide to keep keeping mice I will have to find a more specialized vet
for them for cases like this. She's at peace now.

I'm sure that somewhere in her little mind she knows you did the best
for her. When she awakes at the Bridge, she will have four healthy
feet and somemouse will explain to her that the little suit of armor
is for going over to play with the cats if/when she wants to.

--
Will in New Haven
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again

Gone was the mousie! Micha[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 May 31st 07 09:33 PM
Mousie Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 1 June 9th 06 12:32 AM
Might be a mousie Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 0 November 29th 05 10:18 PM
Why do people wait until the misery is obvious A.J. Rivett Cat health & behaviour 4 October 17th 03 01:23 AM