Ping Evelyn Sent Sept 21, 2014

Old September 22nd 14, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Ping Evelyn Sent Sept 21, 2014

MoseyKy=^..^= wrote:

Evelyn,
For one thing I too am a Born again Christian, and I would NEVER do what
your niece did to you.
I wouldn't do that too ANYONE.

Sorry, I wasn't dissing anyone's genuine beliefs! Her mom was
Four-Square Gospel - which definitely counts as "born again" - and
raised her kids with her values. (It just didn't "take" with the niece.)

How did your niece manage to rip this off? Did she ask to 'borrow' a
$50,000 CD?

Because I trusted her Mom (who was always very careful to keep funds
separate) I had let her manage funds my mother left me, because interest
rates were higher in the banks there than in California. That was fine
until the "Patriot Act" put an end to third party management via a power
of attorney. Somehow my niece managed to get her name on the documents
as a joint owner (I suspect collusion with one of her childhood
friends who may have been a teller at that small bank in Wisconsin - the
woman is an accomplished liar.)

Did she say what for? Promise on a stack of Bibles to pay you back?
Your niece NEEDS to be taken to court by YOU and your lawyer to get your
money back.
I'm serious here. She has the nerve to then responded to YOUR
objections with Xeroxed pages from the Bible with underlining sent from
her employer's postage meter.
Now that is just WRONG and a FELONY to boot. . I hope you kept the
Xeroxed copies along with the
pilfered metered postage stamps (the felony) Good things to have in
court, and for your attorney(s)
How dumb can she be? Than a bag of hair?

Believe me, I tried to have her arrested, but because her name was on
the document, that couldn't work. The district attorney back there
thought I'd stand a good chance of getting a civil judgment against her,
but that would have meant hiring an attorney there, traveling there for
court appearances - with possible delays, requiring more than one trip -
so it seemed better not to send good money after bad, when I am living
on limited means as it is.

I think the root of the whole problem arose with a hysterical long
distance phone call to me in California when she discovered her widowed
father had a girlfriend! (That might be excusable in a teenager, but
this was a woman in her fifties, with a home and family of her own.)
She did not take kindly to my telling her that her Dad's love life was
his own business. The friend was a woman of appropriate age, not some
young bimbo, and men who have been happily married the first time are
much more likely to seek female companionship sooner than some people
may think "proper" - although it had been nearly a year since her
mother's death.

Please keep me posted

Best wishes on this mess.

Kyla

Thanks, Kyla, I appreciate your advice, but the statute of limitations
has long run out, by now. (I did get a little revenge, however - I used
to send an annual newsletter/newspaper to my friends at Christmas, and
that year I included the story of her rip-off, accompanied by her
picture with "THIEF" across it in big red letters.)

Old September 27th 14, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla=^..^=[_2_]

Evelyn,
Please forgive the top post, but I am so sorry all of tis happened to you
Yes, you did get your evil niece in your last Christmas letter
Too bad there is nothing else you can do about the money she filched, and
the misuse of the postal metwer.
But I guess the prisons are too filled with murders and so forth.
I HOPE she learn a lesson from this.

Live the rest of your life with your cats, and be happy
Kyla

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in