How dare you get up?

Old September 12th 14, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default How dare you get up?

Apache was in my lap, when I had to get up.

She gave me a disgusted look, jumped down and flopped over. When I
reached down to rub her tummy and apologize, she accepted the tummy
rubs, but gave me a big "Hmmmph!"

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old September 13th 14, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/12/2014 6:18 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:
Apache was in my lap, when I had to get up.

She gave me a disgusted look, jumped down and flopped over. When I
reached down to rub her tummy and apologize, she accepted the tummy
rubs, but gave me a big "Hmmmph!"

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Ah yes... I used to have to apologize when I had to get up. So sorry,
Persia... she'd huff, too. Give Apache some scritches for me.

Jill
Old September 13th 14, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

Tiger weighs 24 pounds. When he gets on my lap he ususlly stays until he is ready to get up. If I try to move him, he resists and spits. I get my cell phone and call my land phone. The ringing will usually get him to get off.
Old September 13th 14, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/13/2014 8:27 AM, Mike Mayers wrote:
Tiger weighs 24 pounds. When he gets on my lap he ususlly stays until he is ready to get up.
If I try to move him, he resists and spits. I get my cell phone and call my land phone.
The ringing will usually get him to get off.

LOL! That's funny (and Tiger is a B I G cat!) Does he answer the phone?

Persia used to run and hide if someone knocked on the door or rang the
bell. In the last few years of her life she did a complete reversal.
When she heard the bell she'd run towards the door as if someone was
coming to visit her. Silly cat.

She found the phone annoying because it *did* mean I was going to get up
to check the caller ID. Sometimes I had to shoo her off the couch.
Other times she made me swing my legs over her; she wasn't budging.
Hey, I'm still young (54) so I can do that manuever. I have no idea
whether or not I'd be able to do it 20 years from now.

Jill
Old September 13th 14, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Apache was in my lap, when I had to get up.

She gave me a disgusted look, jumped down and flopped over. When I
reached down to rub her tummy and apologize, she accepted the tummy
rubs, but gave me a big "Hmmmph!"

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

~~~~~~~~
I have the same problem. I also will frequently find Duffy and Nikki
stretched out on opposite sides in bed (and both tucked up against me), and
I try to move them as gently as possible if "nature calls" and I absolutely
have to get out of bed. Yesterday, I shifted Nikki to the other side and
started to roll over. Duffy called out in protest. He had actually been
stretched out, either tightly beside Nikki or possibly slightly under her.
When my sister called from Ohio this morning, both Nikki and Duffy did
everything they could to convince me that I should hang up the phone and pay
attention to them. Duffy is a little "talker," and he can make very loud
protests when he wants attention to be brought back to him. Selina was in
the room with us, but she is not as demanding when it comes time for
attention (or food).

MaryL

I dare you... Marina Cat anecdotes 5 December 19th 08 09:53 PM
How dare he! Granby Cat community 3 July 13th 07 11:05 PM
[OT] I dare you all... Pat Cat anecdotes 112 February 20th 07 09:23 PM
Do I dare? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 19th 06 12:00 AM
How DARE you!!!!!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 153 June 24th 04 01:50 AM