How much space for a cat?

Old February 26th 04, 10:54 AM
Bob Brenchley.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:52:46 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

I see Bob is at it again. Now he is putting down cat rescue and posting
things that are not true. I wonder what other things he'll pull out of his
ass?

Why is it that top-posting moronic trolls have this fixation with
donkeys?

--
Bob.

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in
public.
Old February 26th 04, 11:01 AM
Bob Brenchley.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:01:05 +0000, Jacqueline
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:50:48 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:41:19 -0600, Fan wrote:
In some circumstances we do rehome indoor cats, the main reason for
this is medical but there are occasions where we have Pedigree cats
which would need to kept indoors. If a cat is used to going outside,
then we would not home it to someone who wants an indoor cat, hence
the reason behind doing home checks we try and match the cats
requirements to that of the prospective new owners.

Thank you, I think that paragraph in particular sums things up very
well and I hope that put an end to the claims that Cats Protection
would normally home a healthy cat to an indoor only situation.

So, from that statement, the CP as a matter of course rehome
pedigree cats to indoor only houses.

Only those that are disabled by their breeding.

Do you think this is acceptible?
And if so, why should pedigree cats be treated any differently?

Because many misbred cats suffer as a result of their breeders
sickening idea of what makes a good cat.

Bearing in mind a pedigree cat is less likely to be stolen than a
moggy, there's no reason why it sould be treated as any differently.

I'm sure you think you had a point to make there, but you failed.

Sick, Yes. Disabled, Yes. Normal healthy cat, NO WAY except as an
admission of failure.

Please point me to the bit in that quote that says homing an indoor
cat is an 'admission of failture'.

Please point me at the bit in the quote where is says it isn't.

It's very odd, you and I seem to have interpreted that statement
completely differently. I took the 'we do rehome indoor cats' to mean
just that.

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

I never said they *only* rehome indoor cats, I never said
they promote indoor cats, but they do rehome cats to indoor homes,

Only the sick, disabled, very old or those cats that have been waiting
for homes for so long that indoor only is seen as the lesser of two
evils - in other words they have failed to find them a proper home.

particularly if it's safer in the circumstances. Curiously, I know of
one situation recently - 2 littermates, 8 months old, very healthy and
active, in the CP's fostercare. There was a choice between two homes -
one with a garden, one in a flat. The CP went with the flat option.

Pull the other one.

I really don't know why you're so obnoxious and defensive Mr
Brenchley, I just don't get your motives.

To save cats from abusers like you.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.

Old February 26th 04, 11:40 AM
Jacqueline

wrote:
Please point me to the bit in that quote that says homing an indoor
cat is an 'admission of failture'.

Please point me at the bit in the quote where is says it isn't.

*shakes head* Ok, if you can't conduct a simple conversation I'll
adopt your posting style.

You're a blathering old fool.

It's very odd, you and I seem to have interpreted that statement
completely differently. I took the 'we do rehome indoor cats' to mean
just that.

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

As does yours. Blinkered.

I never said they *only* rehome indoor cats, I never said
they promote indoor cats, but they do rehome cats to indoor homes,

Only the sick, disabled, very old or those cats that have been waiting
for homes for so long that indoor only is seen as the lesser of two
evils - in other words they have failed to find them a proper home.

particularly if it's safer in the circumstances. Curiously, I know of
one situation recently - 2 littermates, 8 months old, very healthy and
active, in the CP's fostercare. There was a choice between two homes -
one with a garden, one in a flat. The CP went with the flat option.

Pull the other one.

It's absolutely true, I assure you. Believe what you want, but I'm the
one with the facts and experience, all you have is a cut/paste
standard reply and a bizarrely worrying approach to cat 'care'. I've
repeatedly offered you evidence - not my evidence, but the experience
of my local branch - and you continue to rubbish my comments. I can't
argue with that,

I really don't know why you're so obnoxious and defensive Mr
Brenchley, I just don't get your motives.

To save cats from abusers like you.

lol! ******.You really haven't a clue... I sincerely hope you don't
have cats.

Old February 26th 04, 05:26 PM
Cat Protector

What's the matter Bob? Disappointed that I am right and you are wrong. Every
time you post on here you put your foot in your mouth. So far you spoken out
against cat rescue, keeping cats indoors where they are safe, and of course
you have advised people it is ok to declaw their cats. No matter what proof
we have posted to you, you still don't hesitate to post like you are an
expert and that your position is right. Why can't you just admit that you
know absolutely nothing about cats?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old February 27th 04, 07:29 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:26:30 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

What's the matter Bob? Disappointed that I am right and you are wrong. Every
time you post on here you put your foot in your mouth. So far you spoken out
against cat rescue, keeping cats indoors where they are safe, and of course
you have advised people it is ok to declaw their cats. No matter what proof
we have posted to you, you still don't hesitate to post like you are an
expert and that your position is right. Why can't you just admit that you
know absolutely nothing about cats?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
.. .
wrote:

I see Bob is at it again. Now he is putting down cat rescue and posting
things that are not true. I wonder what other things he'll pull out of

his
ass?

Why is it that top-posting moronic trolls have this fixation with
donkeys?

--
Bob.

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in
public.

Funny. Nothing down here to reply to?

--
Bob.

The difference between ordinary stupid and extraordinary stupid can be
summed up in one word -- YOU.

Old February 27th 04, 07:41 PM
Bob Brenchley.

wrote:
Please point me to the bit in that quote that says homing an indoor
cat is an 'admission of failture'.

Please point me at the bit in the quote where is says it isn't.

*shakes head* Ok, if you can't conduct a simple conversation I'll
adopt your posting style.

You're a blathering old fool.

Your opinion, but as you have shown yourself to be an animal abuser it
is not an opinion I attach any value to.

It's very odd, you and I seem to have interpreted that statement
completely differently. I took the 'we do rehome indoor cats' to mean
just that.

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

As does yours. Blinkered.

I prefer to work with the facts. The really are simple.

[...]

Your experience as an animal abuser is worthless. I prefer to take the
word of people who actually work with organizations like Cats
Protection - at the hard end, raising money and finding homes for
cats. Their consistent evidence is that neither CP or many of the
small shelters that follow CP's guidelines, will normally rehome a
healthy cat to an indoor only environment.

I really don't know why you're so obnoxious and defensive Mr
Brenchley, I just don't get your motives.

To save cats from abusers like you.

lol! ******.You really haven't a clue... I sincerely hope you don't
have cats.

I currently have three here, though one will be going to her new home
this weekend.