Desk Greeblings

Old April 4th 05, 04:15 AM
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Desk Greeblings

Mark Edwards wrote:
So I'm sitting at my desk, watching one of the fourth season
Highlander DVDs on my PC.

Buster is in my lap, lying on his back. I am rubbing his tummy.

All of a sudden, there is an invasion of greeblings on the underside
of the desk, against which Buster valiantly defends. I tap on the top
of the desk, hoping to knock loose some of these greeblings, and
Buster goes into overdrive.

Seeing that he is exposing his tummy, I place my hand over his tummy
to protect it from the desk greeblings, just in case.

At last, Buster has finished with the greeblings, and demands his
hero's reward - he grabs my other hand and, with a nip and a few
pointy claws, insists that I skritch his head and ears.

He also sees the shopping list I have just set down, and grabs it,
rabbit-kicking it into submission as well. I'm reasonably sure that he
wrote down salmon, tuna and liver on the list, while it was in his
posession...

Buster is such a good boy. I had no idea there were greeblings on the
underside of my desktop.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

We have no greebling on our desk - Mimi sleeps on my desktop and skwishes
them all!

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too) email me at

Old April 4th 05, 03:09 PM
Katz

How do people who don't have cats control their greebling populations?

Katz & cats

Old April 4th 05, 03:27 PM
jmcquown

Katz wrote:
How do people who don't have cats control their greebling populations?

Katz & cats

They don't even know they have them. But I suspect those greeblings are the
cause of things that go wrong in the morning when they are getting ready for
work - like the alarm clock didn't go off; hot water runs out in the
shower/bathtub; mismatched socks (or one sock simply MIA); runs in
pantyhose. And in the evenings, they are responsible for burned or just
plain bad dinners; telemarketing calls during dinner; electrical failures;
your favourite television show being pre-empted for weather reports, etc.

Jill

Old April 4th 05, 03:53 PM
Duke of URL

Mark Edwards wrote:

[...]

I'm curious - are desk greeblinz similar to bathtub greeblinz?
--

Cliologist, Philanthropologist, Prothonotary Wibbler,
Paleoconservative, Surface Warrior Squid

Old April 4th 05, 05:37 PM
Katz

jmcquown wrote:
Katz wrote:
How do people who don't have cats control their greebling

populations?

Katz & cats

They don't even know they have them. But I suspect those greeblings

are the
cause of things that go wrong in the morning when they are getting

ready for
work - like the alarm clock didn't go off; hot water runs out in the
shower/bathtub; mismatched socks (or one sock simply MIA); runs in
pantyhose. And in the evenings, they are responsible for burned or

just
plain bad dinners; telemarketing calls during dinner; electrical

failures;
your favourite television show being pre-empted for weather reports,

etc.

Jill

And certainly for high blood pressure. For as we all know, petting
kitties lowers blood pressure.

Katz

Old April 5th 05, 02:04 AM
Enfilade

I'm curious - are desk greeblinz similar to bathtub greeblinz?

I'm going to postulate that greeblings are related to aircraft
gremlins--the odd things causing stuff to break/malfunction on
aircraft for no apparent reason.

Ships haven't got gremlins because ships, in the old days, carried
cats...to defend against rats AND greeblings/gremlins both.

Central Region Gliding School no doubt has a gremlin infestation now
that Smokey lives with me.

--Fil
Old April 5th 05, 02:55 AM
badwilson

jmcquown wrote:
Katz wrote:
How do people who don't have cats control their greebling
populations?

Katz & cats

They don't even know they have them. But I suspect those greeblings
are the cause of things that go wrong in the morning when they are
getting ready for work - like the alarm clock didn't go off; hot
water runs out in the shower/bathtub; mismatched socks (or one sock
simply MIA); runs in pantyhose. And in the evenings, they are
responsible for burned or just plain bad dinners; telemarketing

calls
during dinner; electrical failures; your favourite television show
being pre-empted for weather reports, etc.

Jill

ROFL! Too true, I suspect. I just asked Dennis why all that stuff
still happens to us, even though we have a cat. He said it's because
our cat doesn't do his job. He never chases greeblings, he's too
obsessed with lizards.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown