She speaks!!!

Old May 18th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default She speaks!!!

Louie and I have spent much time debating and deciphering the complex
language of Roxese. Roxie is no mere monosyllabic meower; she speaks in a
multitonal combination of trills, meows and squeaks that occur in innumerable
combinations, as if she is making sentences.

We think we have, at least, cracked a word.

Roxie has been our Girl for as long as we've had her. Our Little Girl; Brandy
is the Little Baby, Odessa the Little Dolly, and Stosh the Little Guy. I
walked past the fridge, Roxie's newest piece of property, and greeted her:
"Well, hi there! Louie, it's a GIRL!" And she replied with a single trill, an
exact reflection of the word Girl. We've heard it many times, mostly when she
walks into a room and wants her petting time. We now figure that this is how
she announces herself. The Girl is here; now give me attention."

Stosh still grunts like a caveman, and the stubborn thing will not learn from
Roxie's articulate decorum.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old May 18th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Nina too, has an elaborate language of squeaks and trills. It's reallly
a very charming sound, rather birdlike. I started calling her BabyBird,
and the nickname has stuck. =o)
Mostly, her sounds are directed at me or at the refrigerator door.
She has correctly divined that food--and hoomin food, too--emanates
from the Big White Coldness. If I hold the refrigerator open too long,
Nina's right there, ready to explore and investigate. So I think she
wants me to open it on a more regular basis, and to carelessly leave
out food with Nina-appeal on the kitchen counters. =o) Not that I do
this, she's rather rotund, as it is.

Melissa

Old May 19th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote:

Stosh still grunts like a caveman, and the stubborn thing will not learn from
Roxie's articulate decorum.

We hoomins don't rate any vocal efforts at all from Will. He
expects to be able to communicate with us by stares, nods and
rubs. But it's amazing how many different mrrps, yikes and
trills he employs to encourage his mice and balls, or even the
bed sheets (and occasionally Heidi), to take a more active role
in play.
--

Wayne M.

Hamlet's cat speaks: Dave Gerecke Cat anecdotes 4 November 13th 05 05:42 AM
Persia Speaks jmcquown Cat anecdotes 14 January 15th 05 01:51 PM
Shamrock speaks to you [email protected] Cat anecdotes 10 October 6th 04 06:47 AM
Waffles speaks... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 66 September 11th 04 08:00 PM