How did you choose your furry masters?

Old October 17th 04, 10:35 AM
Jeanette

On 2004-10-16, Kajikit wrote:

Or did they choose you? Stories please!

Fuzzbox (RB) was my first cat, I got him from a private home when he was a
kitten. I don't think I paid anything for him at all. He was a beautiful
little white kitten with a grey H between his ears. The H faded as he grew.

Izzi and Fenda (both RB) came from the RSPCA in Basildon. We lived in East
London in a mouse and cockroach infested flat, and got permission from our
landlord to get a couple of cats. We told the RSPCA that we wanted two
young, neutered cats. Three or four days later, they actually delivered two
little black cats, eighteen months old. One was smooth haired and very
affectionate (Izzi), the other was semi-longhaired and semi-feral (Fenda).
By the time we had them put to sleep because of illness earlier this year,
Izzi was a grumpy old grouch, and Fenda was a total love-bug.

Charlie (RB) was a stray kitten that I got from my friend's vet. She knew
that I was looking for a kitten, and knew that there was a stray at the
vets. He was exactly what I was looking for, and it was love at first sight.

Spooky (RB) was my first Cats Protection cat, he was a kitten rescued from a
neutering job at a feral colony north of Preston. He tamed up very quickly.

Ripley turned up at the back door claiming that he'd always lived with me,
and that I'd forgotten to feed him recently. I decided to believe him, and
he's been very happy with us for the last six or seven years.

Cav is a 'chosen' cat, I took his photograph for our Branch Cats Protection
website, and showed it to Ade. "Look at this one eyed tabby, isn't he the
cutest thing?" Ade fell for him, and we went to see my friend, who was
fostering him, had a look at him, drove half way home 'to think about it',
then turned the car around and went to get him.

Jeanette

Old October 17th 04, 10:35 AM
Jeanette

Old October 17th 04, 02:20 PM
Enfilade

Aren't they sweet? Ming is a bit reserved, and has a very subtle purr.
Buttercup is absolutely fearless and has a purr like a gravel truck.

That pick of peek-a-boo in the box is priceless.

--Fil

Old October 17th 04, 03:16 PM
Adrian

Kajikit wrote:
Ted Davis had something important to tell us on Sat, 16 Oct 2004
10:34:33 -0500:

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:35:32 +1000, Kajikit
wrote:

Or did they choose you? Stories please!

(no I'm not just a voyeur... in three weeks we'll be getting our own
kitties and I'm getting nervous - I've never ever had a cat of my
own in my entire life! What if they decide they don't like me?)

Of the eleven who live with me at the moment:

You're a born catlover alright... I love all the photos and stories
about your herd (flock? pride?)

The collective name for cats is a clowder.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.