Poll: How do your cats clean their tails?

Old June 7th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Poll: How do your cats clean their tails?

Mine tend to either lick it as they lay it on a surface, the floor for
instance, or hold it down on the surface with a paw and clean it that way.
Emil, Marina's furry nephew and Miranda, her owner, hold their tails in
their paws and clean them that way. SO, how do your owners clean their
tails? I know, with their tongues Matthew, but seriously, do they hold them
in place, and if so what method do they use?

Pam S.

Old June 7th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

tanadashoes kirjoitti:
Mine tend to either lick it as they lay it on a surface, the floor for
instance, or hold it down on the surface with a paw and clean it that way.
Emil, Marina's furry nephew and Miranda, her owner, hold their tails in
their paws and clean them that way. SO, how do your owners clean their
tails? I know, with their tongues Matthew, but seriously, do they hold them
in place, and if so what method do they use?

Pam S.

I haven't actually caught Laku cleaning his tail all that often. All
over otherwise, yes, but the tail, no... The few times I do remember, it
seemed to happen as a kind of "by the way" while playing the cello and
the tail happened to be there... He wasn't holding it down, the tail was
just on the surface he was sitting on and got cleaned a bit.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old June 7th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Christine K wrote:
tanadashoes kirjoitti:
Mine tend to either lick it as they lay it on a surface, the floor
for instance, or hold it down on the surface with a paw and clean it
that way. Emil, Marina's furry nephew and Miranda, her owner, hold
their tails in their paws and clean them that way. SO, how do your
owners clean their tails? I know, with their tongues Matthew, but
seriously, do they hold them in place, and if so what method do they
use?

Pam S.

I haven't actually caught Laku cleaning his tail all that often. All
over otherwise, yes, but the tail, no... The few times I do remember,
it seemed to happen as a kind of "by the way" while playing the cello
and the tail happened to be there... He wasn't holding it down, the
tail was just on the surface he was sitting on and got cleaned a bit.

I have to say the same thing about Persia. I've never really noticed her
paying particular attention to grooming her tail. If it gets licked
incidentally while she's cleaning her hindquarters so be it. Of course
every once in a while she does chase it

Jill

Old June 7th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default How do your cats clean their tails?

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Mine tend to either lick it as they lay it on a surface, the floor for
instance, or hold it down on the surface with a paw and clean it that way.
Emil, Marina's furry nephew and Miranda, her owner, hold their tails in
their paws and clean them that way. SO, how do your owners clean their
tails? I know, with their tongues Matthew, but seriously, do they hold
them in place, and if so what method do they use?

Pam S.

Stinky holds his up, like Emil. Dante tries to pin his down.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 7th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 7, 10:17*am, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Mine tend to either lick it as they lay it on a surface, the floor for
instance, or hold it down on the surface with a paw and clean it that way.
Emil, Marina's furry nephew and Miranda, her owner, hold their tails in
their paws and clean them that way. *SO, how do your owners clean their
tails? *I know, with their tongues Matthew, but seriously, do they hold them
in place, and if so what method do they use?

Pam S.

Boots holds it down with a paw, which *her* Paw thinks is just
insufferably
cute. So cute that I usually get summoned from another room just to
watch."Isn't that cute? Isn't she precious?"
The boys don't clean their tails, I don't think. I've never seen it.
Boots just
washes and washes and washes when she settles down for a nap.

Sherry
Old June 8th 08, 09:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:
Mine tend to either lick it as they lay it on a surface, the floor for
instance, or hold it down on the surface with a paw and clean it that way.
Emil, Marina's furry nephew and Miranda, her owner, hold their tails in
their paws and clean them that way. SO, how do your owners clean their
tails? I know, with their tongues Matthew, but seriously, do they hold them
in place, and if so what method do they use?

Caliban does it like so:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/IMG_0840.jpg

Old June 8th 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
tanadashoes wrote:
Mine tend to either lick it as they lay it on a surface, the floor for
instance, or hold it down on the surface with a paw and clean it that
way. Emil, Marina's furry nephew and Miranda, her owner, hold their tails
in their paws and clean them that way. SO, how do your owners clean
their tails? I know, with their tongues Matthew, but seriously, do they
hold them in place, and if so what method do they use?

Caliban does it like so:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/IMG_0840.jpg

LMAO!!!

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 8th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 8, 3:49*am, Marina wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
Mine tend to either lick it as they lay it on a surface, the floor for
instance, or hold it down on the surface with a paw and clean it that way.
Emil, Marina's furry nephew and Miranda, her owner, hold their tails in
their paws and clean them that way. *SO, how do your owners clean their
tails? *I know, with their tongues Matthew, but seriously, do they hold them
in place, and if so what method do they use?

Caliban does it like so:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...an-Jun08/IMG_0...

LOL! That's exactly how Boots does. And sometimes she seems to stop
and think, and forgets her little white-socked leg is sticking in the
air. It looks
quite silly, but of course no one in the house is allowed to laugh at
Bootygirl.

Sherry
Old June 8th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Marina" wrote in message
tanadashoes wrote:
Mine tend to either lick it as they lay it on a surface, the floor for
instance, or hold it down on the surface with a paw and clean it that
way. Emil, Marina's furry nephew and Miranda, her owner, hold their tails
in their paws and clean them that way. SO, how do your owners clean
their tails? I know, with their tongues Matthew, but seriously, do they
hold them in place, and if so what method do they use?

Caliban does it like so:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...8/IMG_0840.jpg

That is totally precious and funny.

Pam S. laughing

Old June 9th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Nocturne grabs hers between both paws and puts the tip in her mouth.

Then when that is clean, she grooms the length while pinned under a
paw.

Nox's tail is inordinately long.

Smokey, I'd be surprised if he cleans it much at all. A couple licks
to anywhere on his body and he's maxed out, ready to roll back into a
Smokey-poke.

The kittens hold it in a paw and lick it.

--Fil