Old March 30th 04, 11:53 PM
Stacey

"Yowie" wrote SNIP
I odn't know what hteir marketing strategy will be in NZ, but here they

are
their own franchise (like McDonalds) and wouldn't be selling their donuts

any other store for re-sale.

SNIP

Yowie

Here in my area, they sell KK donuts at "express mart" type gas
stations/convenience stores, though they aren't fresh and warm just out of
the oven, so they aren't worth buying. To me, a KK has to be steaming right
out of the oven . Oh they also have dedicated KK stores, like DD does (I
prefer DD).

Stacey

Old March 31st 04, 01:22 AM
Victor Martinez

Stacey wrote:
Maybe, but didn't you know that if you break a donut in half, all the
calories fall out of the hole?

That's too funny!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 31st 04, 01:38 AM
badwilson

wrote in message
badwilson wrote:

I cook all my own food from scratch and avoid
white breads, pastas, rice, sugar. I also avoid packaged foods with
additives, nitrates, trans fatty acids, etc. I take a mulitvitamin and
EFA's (fish oil, flax seed oil).

You know, I've noticed that since I lost my job and have mostly stopped
eating in restaurants, that my diet is *much* better than it used to be.
Since I don't have the money for restaurants, and I *do* have the time for
cooking, I eat tons of veggies, whole grains, unprocessed fresh food that
I cook from scratch. I had no idea that the ticket to a better diet was
becoming poorer!

So, do you think you feel any better? I find I feel soooo much better, it's
amazing. I have a ton of energy, zip around from here to there, run up an
down the stairs, etc. Before, I was always really drained. Was thinking to
myself that I must be getting old because I never had any energy. Now I
feel like I'm about 19 again! Woo hoo, wouldn't trade it for the world!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old March 31st 04, 04:23 AM
LOL

Bev wrote in message ...

I'm sick of living at the end of the world where there are no KKs! I
am sick of having to travel thousands of ks. to get anywhewre. I am
sick of living with a lot of sheep! Does anyone want to adopt me!!!

Bev

Well, I could adopt you but you'd still have the same problems, pretty
much. Except for the sheep - this is more of a cow-intensive area.
:-P

------
Krista
In rural south Georgia
Old March 31st 04, 05:12 AM
Sam Nash

"Stacey" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote SNIP
I odn't know what hteir marketing strategy will be in NZ, but here they

are
their own franchise (like McDonalds) and wouldn't be selling their

donuts
any other store for re-sale.

SNIP

Yowie

Here in my area, they sell KK donuts at "express mart" type gas
stations/convenience stores, though they aren't fresh and warm just out of
the oven, so they aren't worth buying. To me, a KK has to be steaming

right
out of the oven . Oh they also have dedicated KK stores, like DD does (I
prefer DD).

Stacey

Er, Stacey, they aren't baked -- they're deep-fried.
Gotta wipe the drool out of the keyboard now.
Sam

Old March 31st 04, 06:57 AM
Yoj

"Bev" wrote in message
Sam Nash wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

Da*n those things are good. A very kind friend transported them

from the
closest KK - over 2 hours away. He went to the drive through and

asked for
the "pregnant woman" pack. LOL!

So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my

coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from

eatingmore until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Talk about heaven on a stick!

drool

Yowie

Where I grew up, there was one 4 blocks from my home. Used to go

get them
really early in the AM to get them while they were still warm.
Mm-m-m-m-m-m!

And "drool" is the correct title for the post (IMHO).

Starting Cary (sp?) early on the goodies, aren't you.

Sam

I'm sick of living at the end of the world where there are no KKs! I
am sick of having to travel thousands of ks. to get anywhewre. I am
sick of living with a lot of sheep! Does anyone want to adopt me!!!

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.

Well, I could adopt you, but I suspect that about a week of living in
the Los Angeles area would have you longing for the sheep. G

Joy