Dusty's outdoor excursion

Old March 29th 04, 05:42 AM
LOL

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message ...
Dusty really likes to sit in front of the windows when they are open. He loves
all the backyard sounds and can stare outside for hours. Now he has been a
strictly indoor cat for 11 years. I thought I wonder if he would tolerate a
harness and leash so he could at least come out in the yard with us and play on
the grass. This time of year we spend a lot of time outside and he always looks
so sad sitting in the window watching. I am not at all comfortable with him
"roaming" on his own accord at this point in his life. It's just not safe at
all where I live for a pansy housecat to roam. We are having big mountain lion
issues in the area right now. (a topic I will discuss later)

(snipped Dusty's good day)

Awwww. I'm glad he had such a good time; Mike got some outside time
this afternoon, too. There's nothing better than watching a happy cat
doing his own thing. :-)

------
Krista
Old March 29th 04, 06:07 AM
badwilson

Awww, what a nice day for Dusty. I LOL'ed when you screamed at the
butterfly, I would have done the same thing :-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

[...]

I went to Petsmart and got a simple little harness and light leash. It

said,
"will fit all cats". It did fit around his neck just fine but I had to

let it
out all the way to accommodate his "girth". LOL. He just laid there on

the
recliner while I adjusted and put it on and took it off. Very tolerant.

I put
the leash on and walked around the house with him. He seemed fine and

didn't
try to struggle at all. I sort of forced him to struggle a bit just so I

could
see that he couldn't wiggle out of the harness. His wiggling days are

clearly
over.

We went outside on the grass and he was having a great time. He chased

some
little bugs that flew out of the grass. He then tugged really hard on the

leash
and when I turned he was airborne trying to catch a white butterfly

between his
paws. I haven't seen him move like that in months! He didn't get it but I

of
course screamed as it flew in my face. I walked around with him and let

him
explore. He rubbed his face in all the wildflowers. He ate a wildflower.

Then
he got behind a little bush and got into pounce position and attacked the

bush.
He didn't seem to like the pool. He sniffed and looked at it and turned

the
other way. He finally laid down on the hard dirt behind a little bush

near the
wrought iron fence with the sun beating down on him. He could see down

into the
creek area. Lot's of sounds and stuff out there. He squirmed around in

the
dirt on side and made little chatter noises. He was one happy camper.

After
about 10 minutes I brought him back inside. He got a drink of water and

then
curled up on his chair and went to sleep.

Old March 31st 04, 04:55 PM
dsh-diva

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:01:59 -0700, "TJ and The Dust"

[...]

Awww, sounds like everybody had a good time, (except for the butterfly
of course!) I wish I could take Xena and Callisto out on a harness and
leash, but I can't get them to wear even a collar let alone a harness!
Jennie