Old March 30th 04, 02:17 PM
Victor Martinez

badwilson wrote:
my body with nutritionally empty, high fat, high calorie, overly processed

See, if I'm going to consume something that is bad for me, I'd rather it
be worth it. Like that chocolate flourless cake I posted a recipe for a
while ago. Chocolate, sugar, eggs and nothing else. YUM!

foods. I lost 35 lbs 2 years ago and now feel so much better that I've just
lost interest in junk like that. Besides, when you don't eat junk for a
while, the cravings for it stop too.

I just make it a point to avoid junk food. I have a slow metabolism so I
have to be careful with that. I need to loose 35 pounds too, how did you
do it? ;-)

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 30th 04, 04:17 PM
badwilson

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
my body with nutritionally empty, high fat, high calorie, overly

processed

See, if I'm going to consume something that is bad for me, I'd rather it
be worth it. Like that chocolate flourless cake I posted a recipe for a
while ago. Chocolate, sugar, eggs and nothing else. YUM!

Hmm, I didn't try that recipe because my stove *still* doesn't work. It
does sound healthier than a KK though. My idea of a treat is a juicy steak
and a glass of red wine.

foods. I lost 35 lbs 2 years ago and now feel so much better that I've

just
lost interest in junk like that. Besides, when you don't eat junk for a
while, the cravings for it stop too.

I just make it a point to avoid junk food. I have a slow metabolism so I
have to be careful with that. I need to loose 35 pounds too, how did you
do it? ;-)

Well, avoiding junk food is a good start. That's how I started. Cutting
the crap and moving more. A couple of months in I started lifting weights
and that sped things along. I got more and more into it and changed my diet
to high protein, moderate carb. I eat a lot of lean meats, fruits,
vegetables and whole grains. I cook all my own food from scratch and avoid
white breads, pastas, rice, sugar. I also avoid packaged foods with
additives, nitrates, trans fatty acids, etc. I take a mulitvitamin and
EFA's (fish oil, flax seed oil).
Now, mind you, I'm not good all the time. When I go to restaurants (mostly
while travelling), I order a regular meal and drink wine and beer. I enjoy
the occasional spicy martini and get drunk at all company sponsored pig
roasts. But since I'm good 90% of the time, I enjoy my treats all the more
and it doesn't affect my weight.
I have goals to cut body fat even more and get better muscle definition. I
am thinking of maybe taking some courses and becoming a personal trainer.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old March 30th 04, 04:37 PM
Charleen Welton

"O J" wrote in message
Hi All,

They say there's no accounting for taste, but in spite of the way
some people feel about them, they leave me flat. I'd much rather have
Dunkin' Donuts.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Me too, yes indeed!

Charleen

Old March 30th 04, 08:24 PM
Jette Goldie

"Marion" wrote in message
om...
"Yowie" wrote in message

. au...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

When I read those calorie stats, I feel blessed that
I was raised on good ol' Canadian Tim Horton doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme has opened several stores up here (Toronto),
and I've tried them a couple of times, but I can't stand
them -- they're so SWEET! Just thinking of them sets my
teeth on edge.

The word I used for the one I tried (on a previous trip to
the UK) was "sickly". It also tasted slightly greasy.

I like my doughnuts fresh and warm, right out the
hot oil, preferably while walking round the open
air market ..... but once they're cold, the same
doughnuts are unpleasant.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old March 30th 04, 08:29 PM
Bev

Sam Nash wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

Da*n those things are good. A very kind friend transported them from the
closest KK - over 2 hours away. He went to the drive through and asked for
the "pregnant woman" pack. LOL!

So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from eatingmore until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Talk about heaven on a stick!

drool

Yowie

Where I grew up, there was one 4 blocks from my home. Used to go get them
really early in the AM to get them while they were still warm.
Mm-m-m-m-m-m!

And "drool" is the correct title for the post (IMHO).

Starting Cary (sp?) early on the goodies, aren't you.

Sam

I'm sick of living at the end of the world where there are no KKs! I
am sick of having to travel thousands of ks. to get anywhewre. I am
sick of living with a lot of sheep! Does anyone want to adopt me!!!

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old March 30th 04, 09:54 PM

Seanette Blaylock wrote:

AFAIK, there's a Winchell's in Santa Barbara [not in a great
neighborhood, I don't think I'd recommend going there at night].

Santa Barbara has "not great" neighborhoods??

Joyce
Old March 30th 04, 09:56 PM

Hopitus2 wrote:

Hey, Joyce, do they still have Winchell's Donuts in the area of CA
where you live/frequent?

The name sounds familiar, yes. I'm sure I've seen the signs for it. I used
to live in Sunnyvale, so if they're in the San Jose area, then I probably
did see it around. Never went into one, though.

Joyce
Old March 30th 04, 10:05 PM

Victor Martinez wrote:

See, if I'm going to consume something that is bad for me, I'd rather
it be worth it.

I agree. I actually have a pretty healthy diet, all around, but that
doesn't mean I don't like my sweets (ie, *chocolate*) and my fats. I try
to live by the adage: "Live a totally healthy lifestyle, and you will
live longer - or at least, it will *seem* that way." LOL. On the other
hand, I don't want to die at age 55 (which isn't that far away!) from
heart disease, so most of my meals are nutritious and healthy, and I try
to get regular exercise. As far as vices, I'm actually pretty boring -
don't smoke, don't do drugs, hardly ever drink. I have to push myself to
exercise, though, so that's my biggest struggle. I'm not working right
now, so I don't have any excuse (eg, "too busy")!

Joyce
Old March 30th 04, 10:10 PM

badwilson wrote:

I cook all my own food from scratch and avoid
white breads, pastas, rice, sugar. I also avoid packaged foods with
additives, nitrates, trans fatty acids, etc. I take a mulitvitamin and
EFA's (fish oil, flax seed oil).

You know, I've noticed that since I lost my job and have mostly stopped
eating in restaurants, that my diet is *much* better than it used to be.
Since I don't have the money for restaurants, and I *do* have the time for
cooking, I eat tons of veggies, whole grains, unprocessed fresh food that
I cook from scratch. I had no idea that the ticket to a better diet was
becoming poorer!

Joyce
Old March 30th 04, 11:48 PM
Stacey

Yowie wrote:
So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from eatingmore

until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Bear in mind that one plain original glazed KK doughnut has 200
calories, of which 110 are from fat.
But that's nothing compared to the Chocolate Malted Kreme doughnut that
has 390 calories and 190 from fat!!!!

--
Victor Martinez

Maybe, but didn't you know that if you break a donut in half, all the
calories fall out of the hole?

Stacey