Persephone learns acrobatics

Old March 29th 04, 12:03 PM
Tish S

Default Persephone learns acrobatics

My sweet little Persephone isn't the brightest pebble on the beach
(that's the Pooh reference). Last night she hopped up on the couch
next to me and started tiddling in the corner of the couch - just like
she was fishing. I wriggled my fingers for her and let her tiddle
them for a little while (she was being gentle). After a short while,
she got bored and looked around the room to see where she could make
the most mischief. Just on spec, I tickled her tummy, expecting her
to flop over on her side and activate the Claws of Death (y'all know
what I mean, don't you?).

Instead she did something extraordinary - she extended her back legs
fully (elevator butt) and then looked *between* her front legs back
along her body to where my fingers were tickling her tummy. She
looked just like the A.A. Milne illustration of Ey-ore looking
backwards through his front legs. It looked so funny that I started
to laugh, but she wasn't finished yet - she then reached back with a
front paw, while her back legs were still extended and, to all intents
and purposed, did a head stand.

She couldn't control my fingers with one paw, so she then tried to
reach back with the second paw to trap my fingers. So if you can
picture a small black and white cat with her head between her front
legs, looking backwards, both front paws extended back along her
(round) belly and her back legs stretched out fully to try to escape
my tickling fingers.

At that stage her weight distribution was all cock-eyed, and she over
balanced, tipping herself forward and into a foreward roll off the
couch and onto the floor!

I roll about, crying with laughter (alarming Mum and Dave) and
Persephone gives me the *most* reproachful look and proceeded to wash
herself clean of all traces of embarrassment.

Poor baby Persephone, but it was a golden moment that will continue to
make me giggle for a long time to come!

Tish

Old March 29th 04, 02:13 PM
badwilson

That sounds so cute! Too bad you never have a video camera at moments like
this.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

om...

Old March 29th 04, 02:52 PM
Marina

"Tish S" wrote
So if you can
picture a small black and white cat with her head between her front
legs, looking backwards, both front paws extended back along her
(round) belly and her back legs stretched out fully to try to escape
my tickling fingers.

ROFL! Hilarious and cute. wiping away tears of laughter

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old March 29th 04, 03:19 PM
Kreisleriana

On 29 Mar 2004 03:03:08 -0800, (Tish S) yodeled:

(snip)

I roll about, crying with laughter (alarming Mum and Dave) and
Persephone gives me the *most* reproachful look and proceeded to wash
herself clean of all traces of embarrassment.

She MEANT to do it, of course!

Poor baby Persephone, but it was a golden moment that will continue to
make me giggle for a long time to come!

Tish

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 29th 04, 03:34 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Tish S at
wrote on 3/29/04 5:03 AM:

[...]

That's how Sugar learned acrobatics on the arm of the chair. She would perch
on the arm, looked down over and through to where her butt and tail were
hanging and reach for the until she landed in chair seat. Of course, rude
were the times she was facing the wrong direction and landed on the floor!!
But she learned quickly. New pics?

Karen

Old March 29th 04, 04:42 PM
lewe

"Tish S" wrote in message
om...

She couldn't control my fingers with one paw, so she then tried to
reach back with the second paw to trap my fingers. So if you can
picture a small black and white cat with her head between her front
legs, looking backwards, both front paws extended back along her
(round) belly and her back legs stretched out fully to try to escape
my tickling fingers.

At that stage her weight distribution was all cock-eyed, and she over
balanced, tipping herself forward and into a foreward roll off the
couch and onto the floor!

I roll about, crying with laughter (alarming Mum and Dave) and
Persephone gives me the *most* reproachful look and proceeded to wash
herself clean of all traces of embarrassment.

Poor baby Persephone, but it was a golden moment that will continue to
make me giggle for a long time to come!

LOL - good trick!
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old March 29th 04, 05:25 PM
lrulan

aw, isn't it hilarious how they turn all that embarassment into a 'cleaning'
session?
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

om...

Old March 30th 04, 09:09 PM
polonca12000

Awww!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tish S" wrote in message
om...
snip At that stage her weight distribution was all cock-eyed, and she