Weird weather

Old January 22nd 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Weird weather

What is going on with the weather worldwide? While Russia suffers the
coldest winter in decades, we are having an early spring here in central
Texas. Trees are blooming, birds are singing, people are wearing
shorts... what the heck is going on?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 22nd 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 21 Jan 2006 11:14:53p, Victor Martinez wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

What is going on with the weather worldwide? While Russia
suffers the coldest winter in decades, we are having an early
spring here in central Texas. Trees are blooming, birds are
singing, people are wearing shorts... what the heck is going on?

Today in the DC area, it was over 60F, the same as yesterday, and the
same as several other days in the last week. Yet, my last electric
bill was the highest I've ever seen (from the month of Nov through
mid Dec). Weird is right. Now through Feb is usually our coldest
period.

--
Cheryl
Old January 22nd 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl Sellner wrote:
Today in the DC area, it was over 60F, the same as yesterday, and the
same as several other days in the last week. Yet, my last electric
bill was the highest I've ever seen (from the month of Nov through
mid Dec). Weird is right. Now through Feb is usually our coldest
period.

--
Cheryl

You can send some of that warmth this way! It has been really cold
here (PNW) and raining more than usual - mudslides are a concern, as is
flooding. I actually had to go buy DS a warmer coat, and mittens that
he can't remove...
-L.

Old January 22nd 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
What is going on with the weather worldwide? While Russia suffers the
coldest winter in decades, we are having an early spring here in central
Texas. Trees are blooming, birds are singing, people are wearing
shorts... what the heck is going on?

It's called global weather fluctuations for a short term period which
mean nothing over the eons -i.e. millions of years - but are only
temporary. Now if the weather changes exist for thousands of years or so
THEN I worried.
Old January 22nd 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

rrb wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
What is going on with the weather worldwide? While Russia suffers the
coldest winter in decades, we are having an early spring here in
central Texas. Trees are blooming, birds are singing, people are
wearing shorts... what the heck is going on?

It's called global weather fluctuations for a short term period which
mean nothing over the eons -i.e. millions of years - but are only
temporary. Now if the weather changes exist for thousands of years or so
THEN I worried.

Or actually someone far in the future would be worried.
Old January 22nd 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

And Valdez, Alaska is finally getting some snow.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old January 22nd 06, 09:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yoj" wrote in message
t...
And Valdez, Alaska is finally getting some snow.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
What is going on with the weather worldwide? While Russia suffers the
coldest winter in decades, we are having an early spring here in central
Texas. Trees are blooming, birds are singing, people are wearing
shorts... what the heck is going on?

Freaking 80 degrees today and yesterday and will be tomorrow should be in
the lows 60's

Old January 22nd 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
What is going on with the weather worldwide? While Russia suffers the
coldest winter in decades, we are having an early spring here in
central Texas. Trees are blooming, birds are singing, people are
wearing shorts... what the heck is going on?

It's just Mother Nature's way of screwing with your mind. We had snowflakes
and sleet last Wednesday and 60F degree temps on Thursday. I'm rather
grateful I haven't had to run the heat much this "winter" in west Tennessee.

Jill

Old January 22nd 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:14:53 -0600, Victor Martinez
wrote:

What is going on with the weather worldwide? While Russia suffers the
coldest winter in decades, we are having an early spring here in central
Texas. Trees are blooming, birds are singing, people are wearing
shorts... what the heck is going on?

It's been weird here in South Central Missouri as well. That's good
and bad. The bad is partly the lack of snow, or even rain, and partly
that the moles are very active in the relatively moist topsoil - my
back yard looked like it had been plowed, and was as hard to walk on
as plowed ground. Another good thing is that it stayed warm enough to
roll the yard for the week it took to get my tractor running (bad
battery). I rolled it yesterday - this confused the cats as much as a
covering of snow would have: they couldn't find the mole tunnels they
had been using as good places to bury their droppings

The cats are not shedding their winter coats, so there may still be
some severe cold in the future.

As for shorts, I have seen people wearing shorts outside even when the
temperature was below freezing and the wind was howling ... of course,
these people were all college students. Actually all male college
students - the women are not even wearing skirts, just long trousers.

--
T.E.D. )
Old January 22nd 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

This is one of the mildest winters I've can remember here in Maryland. We
went up to over 60 a few days ago. Then we would plunge into the low 30's in
a day or two. No wonder I've caught a cold which I hardly ever do.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come